[RTW II]

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

LongBowNL
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

[RTW II]

Post by LongBowNL »

a432

Re: RTW II

Post by a432 »

Meh... Shogun II is just as good as this will be. Until they make the AI more competent all future total war games will be just better graphics and more flash. Also adding more people for the multiplayer campaign instead of just two would do wonders.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

they should make it a movie
LongBowNL
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LongBowNL »

I just prefer the Roman time period. :mrgreen:
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

a432 wrote:Meh... Shogun II is just as good as this will be. Until they make the AI more competent all future total war games will be just better graphics and more flash. Also adding more people for the multiplayer campaign instead of just two would do wonders.
At the risk of necroing a month old thread... I have to disagree about Shogun being just as good as this potentially can be. Hands down the Total War series is one of my favorites. One of the major draws for why I favor it so much used to be the size of the campaign map. I would spend days playing a campaign in Rome or Empire just because of how many provinces their were. It literally was like forging an Empire. Shogun however while they refined the Battle system which by all means is great the campaign map just seemed so... limited. I can finish a long campaign in 6 hours if i rushed it something I could never accomplish in Empire or my many games of Rome which I still play several mods for.

The devs have announced that the map will return to being as big as previous titles. This tells me that not only are we going to have that refined battle system of Shogun but be able to again forge an empire deserving of the history of Rome. Making one of the best TW to date in my opinion.

The added touch of naval invasion battles is also going to be quite amazing. I personally can not wait for this game.

My absolute love or the military culture and history of Rome could very well inflate my desire for this game as well though...
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [RTW II]

Post by Fields »

Is this a film?
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Fields wrote:Is this a film?
Please tell me you're joking?
a432

Post by a432 »

At the risk of necroing a month old thread... I have to disagree about Shogun being just as good as this potentially can be. Hands down the Total War series is one of my favorites. One of the major draws for why I favor it so much used to be the size of the campaign map. I would spend days playing a campaign in Rome or Empire just because of how many provinces their were. It literally was like forging an Empire. Shogun however while they refined the Battle system which by all means is great the campaign map just seemed so... limited. I can finish a long campaign in 6 hours if i rushed it something I could never accomplish in Empire or my many games of Rome which I still play several mods for.

The devs have announced that the map will return to being as big as previous titles. This tells me that not only are we going to have that refined battle system of Shogun but be able to again forge an empire deserving of the history of Rome. Making one of the best TW to date in my opinion.

The added touch of naval invasion battles is also going to be quite amazing. I personally can not wait for this game.

My absolute love or the military culture and history of Rome could very well inflate my desire for this game as well though...
Ok so it will be shogun 2 but with a bigger campaign map and roman units? So what? That in my book doesn't make it better or more enjoyable. A competent AI is what is needed. The current AI needs vast overhauls in both the campaign map and battle map to provide a challenging and enjoyable experience. Improvements to the campaign 'drop in' system would also be helpful.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

i don't think there were those kind of dogs back at the day.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I loved TW. Played them all except Shogun (couldnt get past 15 minutes). CA promises better AI every title. On release, you're usually lucky if the game doesnt crash on you and the AI is crap unless you turn it up to max and let it cheat.