[Arma II]Project Reality

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

[Arma II]Project Reality

Post by LoA »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZOdMa2p3rI[/youtube]

So yesterday i tried out this mod for Arma 2, it's relatively new for arma, but been available for BF2 for years now (?). I joined a squad, asked the squad leader what our objective was, and then simply followed him and his squad to begin to learn how to play. We were assigned to capture a point called "Sawmill", and there was a big forest north of that capture point which my squad leader thought would be good to place a hideout. When that was done, a sniper in our team marked a possible enemy squad to our east. We began to hear brittish weapons firing towards the village so my squad leader told us to follow him, spread out, keep our head down and be quiet. Enemies can hear your voice if they're close, so everyone got silent and the squad leader began to use his weapon to point out where we were supposed to go.

All of a sudden i saw 4 guys prone behind trees. I said really quietly to the guy in front of me that i see enemies downhill. We opened fire, killing all of them. We went down to see what gear they had, and we found a L115 sniper, aswell as a rangefinder. I picked up the sniper, and one other guy picked up the rangefinder. Our objective now was to give cover to the rest of the squad while they head over to our objective (sawmill).

While our squad got to the cap point, my spotter saw 3 guys moving towards our squad. He said what range and degree they were at, i set up my zeroing correct on my sniper, and opened fire. 3 shots, 3 kills. Our squad captured the point successfully, and i just smiled of joy. :D

9 short tutorials on how to play PR: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ature=plcp It's not complicated at all, i learned it in one hour.
Last edited by LoA on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Róka

Re: Project Reality for Arma II

Post by Róka »

I'd be glad to play once I get home :D
I played Project Reality for BF2, but never heard of it on ArmA 2. Hope it looks good 8)
ImageImage
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I played PR for BF2 and Arma2 and absolutely loved it, I'd be willing to pick it up again if you guys'll be playing.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Had a ton of fun yesterday. We were like 5 guys from GC + one random in our squad.

I'm starting to wondering why the frak we're playing Battlefield 3 on battledays when there's amazing mods like this.
Hellstr0m

Post by Hellstr0m »

I am still trying to figure out the whole Arma game system. It is an amazing game that once I have an understanding of how to do everything I am sure it is only going to get better.
XrunawayX
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by XrunawayX »

Arma looks like a very cool platform for these mods. I'll be getting it when Campaign 3 is winding down.
FuzzyCat

Post by FuzzyCat »

I have something like version 1.62 of ARMA2, and I only found PR made for version 1.60. Anyone have a link to newer version or a work-around?

ETA: Disregard, I found it.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f440-pr ... a-exe.html
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Me, hitman, liljedahls and sinx played on a event yesterday, pretty similar to what we do here at GC. It felt like i was in a fraking movie, we were doing everything from stealing enemy RPGs and blowing up a enemy armed vehicle in the last second, sniping talibans 1 kilometer away and being prone 15 meters away from an enemy tank that are being engaged by a friendly Humvee with a TOW on the hill.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I had so much fun today playing this, and now we have a pretty nice group of ppl! :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YaMdEG0g6I[/youtube]
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Here's ten minutes of me, hitman and gwynzer playing this awesome mod.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUTXTdlJHrs[/youtube]

(I recommend you to watch this on youtube instead of here.)

It's unlisted, so I made this just for you guys. :D

I got a folder with about 1.37 TB of Arma 2 footage, so this is only like 2 % of all Arma 2 footage i got. 8O
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

"What language is that guy speaking?" :lol: :lol: :lol:
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Hitman47 wrote:"What language is that guy speaking?" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe Mr. Hattu can help us, because that guy was cleary finnish. :lol:

"That was a top mother FO drop" or something...? :lol:
AdmiralGiggles

Post by AdmiralGiggles »

So are you guys still playing this ?

And i'm curious, why PR and not ACE ?
Wiamor2008

Re: [Arma II]Project Reality

Post by Wiamor2008 »

no matter witch mod, both look amazing and i'd like to join some sessions
AusbilderSchmidt
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Arma II]Project Reality

Post by AusbilderSchmidt »

Nice to read that Projekt Reality is still alive here....if i find some time i will switch in... :twisted:
[IMG]https:///images/210831/.jpg[/IMG]
C7:CPL C8:MAJ C9:SFC C10:COL C11:TA C13:SGT