[Kerbal Space Program] The best game you're not playing.

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

c3dar

[Kerbal Space Program] The best game you're not playing.

Post by c3dar »

I heard about this game in a reddit thread. Since then I haven't been able to put the game down. The premise is you build rockets, and launch them.

I've been trying to get to the moon and back. Here is my evening compressed into a few minutes.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug5EGE1Qieg[/youtube]
Warbond

Re: [Kerbal Space Program] The best game you're not playing.

Post by Warbond »

Awesome video. I've really enjoyed all of my time with KSP. Enough that I bought it a few months ago. I'm always excited to see new updates and features and such.

Reminds me of a Flash game that I played where you build a machine to overcome a problem... I'll find a link.
ShadowRado
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ShadowRado »

Looks like fun! Great music choice as well just going :D to download it and check it out THANKS!! :D
ImageDoomKitten
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

:O best game ever (almost). I still need to fix my game as the .6 update broke it :(
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

wow this looks awesome, imma try the demo and see how it is
C3:ImageC6Image
CorranHorn
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CorranHorn »

Shadowrado and I pretty much spent the whole day playing this.

Highly recommend d/ling the demo and giving it a whirl.
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

Warbond wrote:Reminds me of a Flash game that I played where you build a machine to overcome a problem... I'll find a link.
Was it Fantastic Contraption? That game had me hooked for weeks.
Arcturus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Arcturus »

Played KSP in beta and was pretty cool. It's incredibly hard to get to the moon though...
BF3 C2 - Lt. | BF3 C3 - Maj. | BF3 C4 - Field Marshall | BF3 C5 - Tournament Administrator
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

was playing last night and this morning, came actually late this morning coz i was trying to get my ship to propper orbit but random crap keeps happening, i hate it that every time you add something after the ship is done it messes up the whole cicle of actions, i also wish you could have several stuff up for example you have a crap in orbit and then another one comes with supplys or if you have something in the orbit of the moon and you are out of rocket fuel then you could come with another one and support it this features would be way cooler, or if you could play like multiplayer on private servers and build up several objects in orbit together or just a space race to another planet and back. Dunno now im just babbling too much just really excited about this game wish they put more feature to just continue 1 game in staid of starting a new one for each space travel ;)
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

solmartig wrote:i also wish you could have several stuff up
You can. Hit escape and click on one of the options (can't remember which offhand) and your ship persists in what ever state you left it. It continues on it's flight path while you mess around back at launch or launch another rocket(s). You can then retake control from the Tracking Station. The max is something like 8 or 12 missions running at any one time.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I'm still figuring out how to land on the Mun without destroying my ship. Tempted to orbit the moon and head back saying I was there.
ShadowRado
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ShadowRado »

I finally managed to get to the Mun and not crash or run out of fuel ect!!!!! I Landed and got out ran around took some screenshots. Then I had enough fuel to get back into orbit and fly back to Kerbin after getting sucked back into the muns orbit and had to fire the engines again to escape it. So now I flew back to earth slow down my orbit and land over a land mass and pop the shute. And what do you know a successful landing back on earth too.!! 8) I havent felt this happy about playing video game since I was like 10 years old!!! :lol: :lol:

Not quite sure how to put up sceenshots but I did document the flight with them will hopefully figure it out tomorrow night and ill post some of them. Cuz Pick or it didnt happen right!! :lol:
ImageDoomKitten
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

A Docile Sloth wrote:
solmartig wrote:i also wish you could have several stuff up
You can. Hit escape and click on one of the options (can't remember which offhand) and your ship persists in what ever state you left it. It continues on it's flight path while you mess around back at launch or launch another rocket(s). You can then retake control from the Tracking Station. The max is something like 8 or 12 missions running at any one time.
maybe i need to buy the real version and try this out
ShadowRado wrote:I finally managed to get to the Mun and not crash or run out of fuel ect!!!!! I Landed and got out ran around took some screenshots.
im guessing that to get to the moon you actually need the landing legs? i been trying just to get a decent orbit but i cant find a good model to get to the moon with the few rockets you have on the demo
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

suppossedly the pointy fins work as along as the tips are the lowest thing.