[Kerbal Space Program] The best game you're not playing.

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Kerbal Space Program] The best game you're not playing.

Post by haruky »

I want this so bad now. What else can you do besides going to the moon??

Also, wonderful taste in music c3dar.
Image[/url]
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

i saw in another video that they added a new moon which is farther away than the regular moon, also that you can build satellites, im guessing that they may add other planets as they develop the game, havent bought it yet though but really want it :D
C3:ImageC6Image
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

haruky wrote:I want this so bad now. What else can you do besides going to the moon??

Also, wonderful taste in music c3dar.
Go to Minus ( a second larger moon further out)
Orbit the Sun
There is also space planes you can make (but last time I played their physics was really weird).
Plus loads of mods to add new content.
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

A Docile Sloth wrote:
solmartig wrote:i also wish you could have several stuff up
You can. Hit escape and click on one of the options (can't remember which offhand) and your ship persists in what ever state you left it. It continues on it's flight path while you mess around back at launch or launch another rocket(s). You can then retake control from the Tracking Station. The max is something like 8 or 12 missions running at any one time.
so im orbiting right now, any idea on which one to press to leave the ship flying the only options i got is resume flying, settings, relaunch and end flight. i dont think is relaunch nor settings or resume flying, maybe a setting in end flight or maybe you just cant do it on the demo.

thoughts?
C3:ImageC6Image
c3dar

Post by c3dar »

solmartig wrote: so im orbiting right now, any idea on which one to press to leave the ship flying the only options i got is resume flying, settings, relaunch and end flight. i dont think is relaunch nor settings or resume flying, maybe a setting in end flight or maybe you just cant do it on the demo.
thoughts?
Persistance is only in the paid version of the game. Though the game doesn't currently have any DRM...

I'm really excited for them to add a docking feature. Then it will be fun to assemble space stations in orbit.

I've been trying to send a lander to the moon with only solid rocket boosters. It's proving...very difficult.
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

solmartig wrote:so im orbiting right now, any idea on which one to press to leave the ship flying the only options i got is resume flying, settings, relaunch and end flight. i dont think is relaunch nor settings or resume flying, maybe a setting in end flight or maybe you just cant do it on the demo.

thoughts?
I don't think that it's possible in the demo. If it is go:

esc -> end flight (should bring up mission details) -> Tracking Station

To get back to your ship, click on the tracking station in the main complex (has a massive radar dish on it). If it's not there, you can't have persistent missions.

EDIT:
Spoiler: show
Fredly is most displeased the LV-909 Liquid fuel engine is nolonger attached to his ship.