[Guild Wars 2]

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Guild Wars 2]

Post by haruky »

Today is a sad day.

Somebody stole my account. I can't log in with my e-mail. It says that the account doesn't exist... Well, there goes $60 down the drain.

I got an email from arenanet yesterday (which I didn't see until today) that said:

Someone -hopefully you!- has requested to change the email address associated with your Guild Wars account.
Need help or have questions about your Guild Wars account? Visit our support site: http://support.guildwars2.com/.

Thanks!

-The ArenaNet Team

That's the worst kind of security system I've ever seen. They don't even ask me to confirm before the account gets changed? Really? I hope I can get some sort of compensation for this... Sigh... What a nuisance.
Image[/url]
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

That really doesn't sound right. Are you sure it was stolen? I'm logged into the website right now and there isn't an option to change your email.

I'm sure there would be some sort of confirmation too. Additionally, I thought they made you approve every log-in request via email (you could remember networks though) Do you know if your email has been compromised? Check your spam folder too.

Also do you use an easily guessable password the same username/email/password combination in other games?

Regardless, contact their support ASAP. I'm sure you'll get your account back eventually even if it takes a little bit.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Henidhor wrote:That really doesn't sound right. Are you sure it was stolen? I'm logged into the website right now and there isn't an option to change your email.

I'm sure there would be some sort of confirmation too. Additionally, I thought they made you approve every log-in request via email (you could remember networks though) Do you know if your email has been compromised? Check your spam folder too.

Also do you use an easily guessable password the same username/email/password combination in other games?

Regardless, contact their support ASAP. I'm sure you'll get your account back eventually even if it takes a little bit.
Nope. My password is pretty difficult to guess and uses a multitude of symbols/numbers/letters.

Also, it seems this issue isn't just me. Multiple people have gotten their accounts stolen. I'm just kinda disappointed at the lack of their security and the fact that my character is probably deleted or something. (I had like 4 pieces of GOLD and unlocked a second bank too... :cry: )

Now I'm going around changing my log-in information for a lot of other accounts. What a hassle...
Image[/url]
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

Well someone is playing a character with the name Qqwqq on your account right now!
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Henidhor wrote:Well someone is playing a character with the name Qqwqq on your account right now!
That bastard!!! Tell him I want my account back.
Image[/url]
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Contact ncsoft customer support, they're really amazing. My guild wars account was hacked into by gold farmers about 6 months ago, and they were able to roll it back and get back all my deleted characters and all the gear that was stolen/sold. If you have a physical game key that you can use to prove ownership, they can restore the password/id for you.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Well, this might break the record for fastest customer service.

I got my account restored just now and I have access to my account. I put in some crazy password that's just absolute gibberish and so it should be alright.

Unfortunately, I now only have 20 pieces of silver.... Sigh...

Anyway, here's the dude who hacked my account:

Image[/url]
matty85

Post by matty85 »

glad its back! how did you get it back?