[Guild Wars 2]

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

LongBowNL
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Guild Wars 2]

Post by LongBowNL »

Received my copy of GW2 today. I will be able to play on the 27th, as I only got 1-day headstart. I am going to enjoy this weekend full of Double XP (and the week after, and maybe they give us even more and more and more MORE DOUBLE XP AW YEAH I WANT THAT SO MUCH...)
YouSawNothing

Post by YouSawNothing »

Servers are up and running been playing for a bit but heading to sleep now I'll be on quite a bit tomorrow if anyone wants to join me. Contacts ID YouSawNothing.2587
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

matsif.9351 is mine

been playing for 3 hours as norn engy, gonna get some sleep now, tossing all those grenades is making my arm tired.

I just want the flamethrower though.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

Chemical.6308
Charr engi atm :)
''Be polite, be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.'' The sniper
BF3
C2: Staff Sergeant - Hitcorp
C3: 1st Lieutenant - Dark army
C4: 1st Lieutenant - Starfishers coffee initiative
C5: PFC - Legion of Doom
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

how I feel right now.
LyreXeryL

Post by LyreXeryL »

Lyre.8014 :D
matty85

Post by matty85 »

im going to pick this up tomorrow hopefully, ive never played the first just wondered if its servers or what and will i be able to play with you guys and show me the ropes?
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

Yeah there are servers you need to pick one and can only swap by paying money. I think because its just released its still free tho. So in the TS channel you can get and idee from who is where, thing is everyone is split up. Me and charles.. and his grandma are on piken square we are from EU idk where you from so if ur US you obviously wana get a US server matsif and hendi have there server in the discription too. Join ts and we can tell you how to get started if you want and if we are online.
''Be polite, be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.'' The sniper
BF3
C2: Staff Sergeant - Hitcorp
C3: 1st Lieutenant - Dark army
C4: 1st Lieutenant - Starfishers coffee initiative
C5: PFC - Legion of Doom
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

matty, if your NA I know I am on the Fort Aspenwood server, and I believe Henidhor is on Tarnished Coast.

I believe that the playerbase has designated Tarnished Coast the "role playing" server, which I take as meaning it is mainly for the PVE elements of the game. I know Fort Aspenwood is very involved in the World v World aspect of PvP (I haven't done any of it yet), so if the more PvP parts of the game seem interesting to you, I would shoot for Fort Aspenwood, Jade Quarry, or Northern Shiverpeaks. I'm not sure which EU servers are the more PVP oriented ones.

I'll probably take some screenshots and post my characters in here later. Haven't really played anyone but my engineer right now though, flamethrower is too fun. Did one of the global event quests in a dredge cave with some other people yesterday and literally my whole screen was filled with numbers and critical hit notifiers. feels good man.
YouSawNothing

Post by YouSawNothing »

Chemical2 wrote:Yeah there are servers you need to pick one and can only swap by paying money. I think because its just released its still free tho.
This plus later they are adding a guesting feature that lets you join other servers without having to switch your server, you just can't play in the world vs world vs world stuff.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

my engy with his trusty flamethrower:

matty85

Post by matty85 »

So I bought the game..... the key doesnt work so ill be waiting for there support to hook me up and maybe ill be on in the next few days!
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

I didn't want to do it, but there was a sale and no monthly fees means the cost to play is minimal.

zorplex.2164 Norn engineer

I'm on my other friends' server at the moment (Sorrowful Furnace) but was told I can play with people on other servers. So we'll see how that goes.

I bet this game sucks... :p
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

In case anyone cares about lore and never played GW1, I found this video very helpful: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARZWX51hYYk[/youtube]

For instance, did you know the little Asura creatures recently conquered the human capital and built their city above it? I don't yet understand how they are now interacting with one another seemingly peacefully.
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
matty85

Post by matty85 »

who is actually on the EU servers? I joined far shivers peak and thought people was on it but seems the only peole i talk to on ts are at piken square? anyone...?