[Mechwarrior: Online]

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

[Mechwarrior: Online]

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Was wondering if there was anyone from GC in the Closed Beta.

I've been playing with my friend Tride but the amount of times we get screwed over by incompetent teammates makes me wish I had more people to group with. Then I thought of the fine people here at GC and thought to myself, "Man they would be wonderful teammates who actually coordinate and pay attention." So if anyone's interested (and in the beta obviously :P). I'd love to get a group together and show these people how to win games :) .

I haven't thought of a name yet but I'm also going to be forming my own Merc Corps when they introduce that feature. So if anyone's interested in that too I'd accept anyone from GC without question.

Only thing I have to warn is at the moment unless we have 8 people if I end up dying for one reason or another and am watching a player who isn't in our group I tend to rage a lot at their incompetence of doing basic things 90% of the time... So hopefully we can either get a good group going or you can handle my nerd rage lol.
bitesizebeef

Re: [Mechwarrior: Online]

Post by bitesizebeef »

i got a beta key today and havent played yet but id be down to team up sometime
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Think its been a month since my last key. But I was really tired of the same 2 maps and basically 5 minute rounds.
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

bitesizebeef wrote:i got a beta key today and havent played yet but id be down to team up sometime
Well whenever you want I'm usually on. It's pretty much my gaming crack at the moment. Partially due to my absolute love for the Battletech Universe. If you have steam you can message me there. I'm usually easily found in the Battlefield Divison rooms of my clan's ventrilo too which we can use to communicate or I can come to GC's TS I just will rarely be found on there without a reason as most of the people I play with just expect me on ventrilo. If you have any questions on general tips or anything I can help you with that too I've become a pretty decent mechpilot.

Steam name: =(eGO)= Wi1D_K4rD
MW:O Name: Wi1DK4rD

My clan's vent info if you want to join me on there:
Host: voice.edge-gamers.com
Port: 29272
Password: No password currently set.
Hopefully I'm not out of bounds posting my clans ventrilo info on these forums...
Ash2Dust wrote:Think its been a month since my last key. But I was really tired of the same 2 maps and basically 5 minute rounds.
We have 4 maps now but I do certainly still see certain maps more often than others. However it is far more maps than some other betas I've played in where I only had 1 map. Though I could see where it could get boring. The matches are sometimes pretty short still it really depends on how the teams engage. I've had some terribly quick rounds due to sneaking behind and base capping them but I've also had some intense games that have gone down to the last minute of the 15 minute timer. I personally like the quick rounds as if I get unlucky and peak over a ridge right away and get insta killed by the entire team I'd rather not wait an eternity before I can play again.

Edit: I should note I've only been in beta since last Friday. The way I responded to Ash implies I've been in it longer which isn't the case...
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

I have access though I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I know SirSlicey has been in for a while too.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
TacticalVirus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TacticalVirus »

Aye, Sirslicey and I were playing it together a couple days ago.
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Nice, We could actually get a good group together and ROFLstomp some PUGs.

An alternative means of us getting together besides Steam or finding me on my Vent, is SinX is in the beta too and I know he hangs out in GC TS a lot way more than I do. You could always talk to him and have him get me. Or we could just set up a date and time we can all get together. Up to you guys.
Evil_Jocey
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Evil_Jocey »

I am also involved in the Beta.
WenieWaggler

Post by WenieWaggler »

I am in also, but I am freaking terrible. Literally no idea what I am doing other than movement.
C2: Sgt. ImageImage
C3: Master Sgt.
ImageImage
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

For those who play Mechwarrior what's your name's on there so we can add each other. Assuming you guys still play.
WenieWaggler wrote:I am in also, but I am freaking terrible. Literally no idea what I am doing other than movement.
LOL. As much as I rage about people being terrible I don't really rage much on those in my group. Cause at least I can try to teach them what they are doing wrong. Hell, my best friend Kyle is borderline horrid. I have to alt-tab out just so I don't have to watch him if he somehow ends up being the only one alive. He insists on piloting only a fast jenner but can't hit the broad side of a barn at that speed so he'll come to a full stop... in front of an atlas... just to get a single hit before getting alpha'd in the face and dying. Then raging over ventrilo over how he doesn't understand how he died.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

I wish I had access to this game...
Image[/url]
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

haruky wrote:I wish I had access to this game...
They've been pretty liberal with beta invites. Sin only had to wait like a week to be let in and my friend Biggy only had to wait like 3 days. Or you can pay 30 dollars and get in immediately.
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

mmorpg.com is doing a beta key giveaway here! Get them before they run out.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private