[Star Citizen] - Spaceships in space est. 2012.

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Star Citizen] Chris Roberts is back in the gaming indus

Post by zorplex »

So I was curious what others might have to say on the matter of the OR borders and found a relevant article:
Additionally, my glasses prevented the Rift from fitting perfectly snug against the front of my face, creating a binocular-esque circular black border around the edge of the display that glassesless folk have told me they did not experience. This made adjusting the Rift until its displays were at the correct viewing angle more difficult than it seemed like it should have been, or at least more difficult than I would have preferred.
From here.

So although the Rift works with glasses, you probably won't get the optimal experience while wearing them. The line was too long the last couple days so I didn't get to try it again. It may be possible to use it without glasses if you are nearsighted. It may also be possible to have lenses made for the OR that are corrective, but that will probably be prohibitively expensive.

I'm a little disappointed but not at all surprised there is some limitations associated with using the OR with glasses. Just another reason for me to get Lasik...
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

new ship information page got released yesterday, lots of nice info and such.

and the drake cutlass looks badass, glad I snagged one :thumbup:
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

So Chris Roberts is in Germany attending the "Gamescom".

i have found following (unfortunatly german) article: http://www.golem.de/news/star-citizen-e ... 01131.html

The short summary:
The "Hangar Module", which allows us all to view our very own Hangar and Ships, will be launched 29.08.13. So... 6 Days from now!

I am excited and will post Pictures of mine as soon as i am able to walk in it!
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

anybody watching the wingman episodes on youtube? Kinda fun and informative, although sometimes a bit lengthy
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

Jokerle wrote:anybody watching the wingman episodes on youtube? Kinda fun and informative, although sometimes a bit lengthy
me. all are about 45 min. you can watch and get bored and those 45 min can pass too fast on other times.
they have a lot of crazy moments there. like they things fan do and send them, or video made by fans.
and the funny vids in the end of the show.

I think this game is gonna try replace our lifes by making people favoring it more than real life.
that's usually what's behind reasons of people who make "new universe games".
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Chefcook wrote:So Chris Roberts is in Germany attending the "Gamescom".

i have found following (unfortunatly german) article: http://www.golem.de/news/star-citizen-e ... 01131.html

The short summary:
The "Hangar Module", which allows us all to view our very own Hangar and Ships, will be launched 29.08.13. So... 6 Days from now!

I am excited and will post Pictures of mine as soon as i am able to walk in it!
that's awesome. can't wait to do the same
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

first look at the hangar module!
phpBB [video]
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

[Star Citizen] HANGAR MODULE RELEASED!

Post by Henidhor »

HANGAR MODULE IS LIVE! 2.something gigabytes... 2.something hours until I can lay my hands on my precious Aurora.

Poor haruky being stuck in Korea. Although only the Aurora, 300i, Hornet, Freelancer, and Constellation are available.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

installing hangar now. so much excite. the music is cool too.

ships currently available in hangar are the 300 series, cutlass, aurora, hornet, freelancer, and constellation.

edit 1: apparently servers are being overloaded, getting log in timeouts when trying to view hangar. trying workarounds in the forums.

edit 2: yep, can't get in yet. Will try before I finally fall asleep 1 more time, then again tomorrow when I get out of work before I drive 4 hours home for labor day festivities if that doesn't work.
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

I was able to get in the hangar module for a few minutes before connection failed kicked me out again. Can't do much in the hangar at the moment especially since I only have the one ship, Aurora atm. Still pretty cool being able to "physically" see the ship, walk around, and go inside. Makes me want to use my school loan refund money to buy myself another ship.

Do you guys know if I got a 325a if its available in the hangar module? I know the 300i is but even though they are more or less the same model they have different specs and textures so I wasn't sure.

Either way, I'll probably get 325a in a few days even if it's not in the hangar module yet. That baby is just too sexy to pass up.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

got into the hangar. and wild kard, you want the 325a. My god it's sexy, as you'll see below. The ships I had in the hangar are the cutlass, the 325a, and the aurora.

impressions:
-sad that the cutlass is just a statue and not the full ship, but the statue looks cool. hopefully they'll patch it in soon.
-the aurora and the 325a have full ship models, ability to enter the ship and even get into the pilot seat and look around at the cockpits, along with 2 other view options to see more views of the ship (f1 key).
-the ships (other than cutlass as listed above) are actually big, like the size of a real aircraft (the 325a is like the size of a jet fighter). You can walk underneath them.
-you have a little player guy you walk around with, can 3rd person with, etc.

now, to the part you've all been waiting for: screenshots! I'm keeping them in imgur album files with links here since the forums would crop them, but it all looks great. All were taken on the standard video settings, which weren't on super high at the time, but they still look terrific. I tried to cover all the important parts with the screenshots, but if anyone has a request of something make a post and I'll try to get it tomorrow before I leave for home, or will get it sunday evening once I get back.

god I love the 325a. It's absolutely stunning.

cutlass statue
aurora
325a
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

they released the module just as I went to bed :x

downloading now :)
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
FlashofSilver

Post by FlashofSilver »

I can confirm the Freelancer looks like a giant phallus in three dimensions too. I had a few framerate issues with the graphics on High at full res, which is disturbing seeing as there's barely anything going on in the hangar.

I must admit, I'm wishing I bought an add-on 325a. Or the 350r, that looks very nice in all-black. But I'm saving my cash for when they release variants for the Freelancer :)
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

considering the such a pre-alpha module is not all optimized for performance I would not worry about FPS.

I could not access the hangar while having breakfast (connection time out), I hope it will work in the evening after work.

edit: Here is my Hornet! http://youtu.be/eHxNnwo4XE0
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
FlaminWalrus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by FlaminWalrus »

Here is my hangar and Freelancer

phpBB [video]