[CoH2] On sale @GMG for $10. Check OP!

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

[CoH2] On sale @GMG for $10. Check OP!

Post by haruky »

Alright folks, GMG has CoH2 on sale for around $10. This is the lowest it has been so far! I always make my GMG speech so here goes.

If you don't have an account, feel free to use the ref link to make one. It gives you $2, it gives me $2 too! (after a purchase)
http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=hexuviqa

If you don't like ref links, here is the regular one. http://www.greenmangaming.com

Link to game page: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/p ... -heroes-2/

There's CoH2. It's $14, but it will bring it to around $10 if you input this code: GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49

Hope to see you online!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED 2.22.2013

BIG NEWS EVERYONE!

I've got brackets and maps up!!!!!!!!!

http://challonge.com/gccoh

I'll be updating the tournament via that link until the end.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Off... Format of the tournament.

Each team must win a best 2 of 3. The faction that a team starts the match with will be determined via coin-flip. After the first round, both teams must swap to the other faction.

Example:

Round 1: Team 1 gets heads and choose Axis
Round 2: Team 1 now plays as Allies
Round 3 [If applicable]: Team 1 now plays as Axis

Does this make sense to everyone? This is really the only rule for the tournament other than the usual "no glitches" and such.
Also, please make sure to save EVERY REPLAY of games that you've played. This is so that we can confirm wins and losses. When we get to quarter finals stages, the replays will have commentary from myself and HGX

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because it is now a DOUBLE ELIMINATION tournament, HGX and I only really have time to cast a few games. So we'll be only casting the quarter finals, semi finals, and the finals.

Now, I understand the time constraints a lot of us have. We all live in different time zones between players so ultimately, matches will only take place on the weekends as most weekdays are gonna be near impossible to schedule.

Unfortunately, Group A got the short end of the stick as they'll be playing 1 more round than everyone else. This is b/c there were only 9 teams. Sorry guys!

Anyway... Here we go! If people are unable to make these times. PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO WE CAN ARRANGE SOMETHING! Also, would you guys rather hold some of the matches on Battleday (2.23.2013) rather than on a Sunday?

2.24.2013 @SBT
Hashey & CallID vs Rob & LordGonzo
HGX & Mads vs Hitman & Sarantini

2.24.2013 @SBT +2
haruky & intrepid blue vs Arc & BloodRaptor
Starfisher & Kuchen vs Tactical & Fields

3.2.2013 @ SBT+6
Loser of D vs Loser of A

3.3.2013 @ SBT
Loser of E vs Winner of K

Quarter Finals:
TBD!!!

-------------------------------------

updated: 2.21.2013

We will be doing a longer-drawn out tournament that will take 2-3 weeks to finish!

Also, a little update...

We have 11 "noob" players and 7 "vet" players. We need to come up with a solution.

1.) Pair up the 4 "noob" players with a "Hard" level AI so that we have 4 new teams.
2.) Have the best 2 "noob" players act as "vets" and pair them up with the 3rd and 4th best "noob" players.

Those are the 2 options we have. Does anyone else have any suggestions for this problem? If not, I'm going to flip a coin and make a decision by Friday night.

I plan on creating teams by Saturday SBT and the first match will be done on Sunday the 24th unless there is schedule conflicts for the people that have their match on the 24th.

PLEASE VOTE FOR WHICH OPTION YOU'D LIKE. OR PROVIDE NEW SUGGESTIONS!!!

uPDATED: Okay guys,

We can also do the tournament in one of two ways.

Option 1: After brackets are created, the paired up teams can play against one another on a set schedule determined at random (best 2 of 3). After their games are played, they must submit their replay to myself and HGX. We will commentate the match and put it on youtube so other players can see it or we can stream/commentate the game live as soon as we have the replay in.

This may last up to a couple of weeks to finish b/c we have to find a time that works for everyone and the time it takes to commentate might take a while.

OR...

Option 2: We could just have everyone play on March 3rd. Everyone plays 2v2s on their own agaisnt the opposing team. We all reconvene after our sets and play our next set of opponents. Of course when it's set up like this, we won't have any commentators or anything like that, but it would mean that it would just end on one day.

What do you guys prefer?
Get it over with quickly? Or take some time and give me and HGX time to set up some form of commentating?

So far we have:

Commentary Tournament: 5 Votes (Kuchenfari, haruky, hgx, Tact, Gonzo)
One Day Tournament: 0 Votes

Also.. I've separated the vets and the noobs. Vets and noobs will be paired up AT RANDOM and put into a team of 2.

Here's the list:

Vets:
Arcturus
Duke
haruky
HGX
Hitman
Robawillis
Starfisher

Noobs:
BloodRaptor
CallIDTheft
Fields
Flummi
Kuchenfari
Madgsgyver
Tactical
Sarantini
intrepidBlue
LordGonzo
Hashey

I haven't paired people up yet, but I plan to do so soon. Is everyone on this list still willing to play? Are there any other players that would like to play? Please don't be shy! Even if you started just a couple days ago, it's alright. A lot of the players on the "noob" list do not play much either.

-----------------------------------------

Anybody play the game?

I know that Zorplex just started earlier tonight and Henidhor just downloaded it today. Myself and HGX have been playing nearly everyday. I'm not very good at it yet but hopefully I can get better. There have been some other players who play like mrBLUE, Calloutman, Arcturus, and Hitman.

It's a WWII RTS for those of you who don't know what the game is.
Last edited by haruky on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 30 times in total.
Image[/url]
Róka

Re: [Company of Herpes]

Post by Róka »

Looked really interesting but I'm not sure if it's worth my money and time :?
ImageImage
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

If I play it will it ever go away?
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
BanzaiLang

Post by BanzaiLang »

I have it purchased but haven't activated my copy yet. Perhaps now is a good time to activate my herpes. :lol:
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

haruky wrote:Anybody play the game?

I know that Zorplex just started earlier tonight and Henidhor just downloaded it today. Myself and HGX have been playing nearly everyday. I'm not very good (Neither do I) at it yet but hopefully I can get better. There have been some other players who play like mrBLUE, Calloutman, Arcturus, and Hitman.

It's an AWESOME WWII RTS where you can DESTROY people in pieces with artillery fire for those of you who don't know what the game is.
There you go, fixed.

Come join us, Im not really into the RTS world (played a TON, but I suck in every single one) but this is a fun one, since flanking and battlefield strats are really needed to win a game.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Oops. I meant Heroes. Not Herpes. Sorry, I wrote this right before I went to go to sleep...
Róka wrote:Looked really interesting but I'm not sure if it's worth my money and time :?
If you're a fan of RTS games, this is worth trying out. It's a ton of fun and uses a pretty unique mechanic that keeps the game very fresh and action packed all the time.
BanzaiLang wrote:I have it purchased but haven't activated my copy yet. Perhaps now is a good time to activate my herpes. :lol:
Yes.. Activate the herpes. Spread it for everyone!
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Company of Heroes]

Post by haruky »

For anyone who wants to play today, I will be on at around SBT +8 till late into the night..
Image[/url]
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Bock wrote:If I play it will it ever go away?
hooked4life
LongBowNL
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LongBowNL »

I have bought it with the Humble Bundle. I have not downloaded it yet. Maybe I do in the future.
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

haruky wrote:For anyone who wants to play today, I will be on at around SBT +8 till late into the night..
I have the game, but never touched the MP part, rts mp is not my strong point ;)

If I'm still awake I might try a round or 2..
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

used to play it back in the day, awesome game.
didn't play much MP, but the AoD maps are fun.
i remember playing on this one: D-Day , that was insane!
band up and try to hold 30 mins against the allied invasion!

when does CoH2 comes out?
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Juffalo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Juffalo »

I have it installed.

I played a ton of Dawn of War 2 about 4 years ago, which is a similar game.

Jumping into a game like CoH right now with no experience is pretty intimidating though. I have no idea how anything works.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

The series is on sale today on Steam. It's a lot more expensive than you could have gotten it for during the Humble Bundle, but it's better than MSRP.
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

In-House GC match

Post by haruky »

IN HOUSE GC 3V3 OR 4V4.

Who's in? What time are you free?

I'm in! I'm free on Christmas between SBT and SBT+8. (Going to be going out for dinner with the family after that time)
Image[/url]
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: In-House GC match

Post by cairdazar »

haruky wrote:IN HOUSE GC 3V3 OR 4V4.

Who's in? What time are you free?

I'm in! I'm free on Christmas between SBT and SBT+8. (Going to be going out for dinner with the family after that time)
I'm in, SBT to SBT +6 sounds about right, the earlier the better.