[Company Of Heroes 2] BETA IS HERE!

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Company Of Heroes 2] BETA IS HERE!

Post by haruky »

Sao wrote:The way to stop German heavy tanks is su85 spam. Then send some conscripts to spot as you rain the pain from afar. Or use 6 120mm mortars with mortar barrage. Mr tiger did have an engine. Not any more.

Guard infantry are brutal if they flank any armour.

That or if you built any penal legion early on. Their satchel charge is just hilarious.

Or use the IL-2 4x50kg bomb ability.
I like using ram if i don't have any early SU85s out. Played against HGX last night and i must have rammed 4 of his tanks..
Image[/url]
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

Haruky just saw the power of the Tiger in our 2v2 game. He somewhat gave up, but that was until my hero panther and tiger(s) took out 2x IS-2 and a T-34. Enemy team couldn't recover from my tanks har har.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Hashey wrote:Haruky just saw the power of the Tiger in our 2v2 game. He somewhat gave up, but that was until my hero panther and tiger(s) took out 2x IS-2 and a T-34. Enemy team couldn't recover from my tanks har har.
The power of the Tiger is almighty............
Image[/url]
Sao
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sao »

Also the best way to beat German armour. Is to cap hard and fast early on. A standard German player will have 1-2 engis and 2 grenq squad with a mg covering either a high fuel or vp with maybe a mortar before they go armour spam. At least the stug iv is no longer 200mp and 50 fuel with a rofl stomp cannon.

Whereas when I play Russian I spam 3 conscripts fast then get molotovs and I'll Have map control until my su85s can be pumped out.

Deny German fuel and they suck. Unless they go infantry then 2 squads of camouflaged panzer grens with shreks will eat you
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

where do you build the fuel cache?
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

haruky wrote:
Maybe this weekend me and HGX (if he is up for it) can give you guys a crash course?
yes, i'd love that. what about sunday ?
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
KILLERCANKILL

Post by KILLERCANKILL »

Played a lot yesterday and the day before, Here are my comments :

The game is quite brilliant when you think of the overall picture and the setting they are trying to emulate. German tank’s for example require much higher fuel to be constructed, which was a reality as German tanks where known to consume a lot. The winter plays a huge part like it actually did on the eastern front, infantry movement during blizzards are risky and this stops people from randomly have troops all over the map and focuses them on holding a stronger front line instead. Cover and heat sources are of huge importance as they should be. Famously a German general once said, “ it was a sad sight to see those cold half-starved troops fight over a house, losing an village or house meant death”. The Russian troops are also well designed, their strength is in combined operations, one on one against German armor is suicide for them. The good thing they did was not changing the whole game from COH1, they just improved on what they had till now.

Some issues that I found in terms of actual battlefield realities –

1) The German Flak-88 is missing, that played a huge part in German combined operations. Maybe that will be introduced later.

2) They should have made both the Air Forces play a larger role with the introduction of an air strip or something, Air power played a decisive factor in the war. This would also prevent tank from running of on their own without AA support.

3) They did well with the cold conditions but they should have also introduced mud as a factor, rasputitza or the Russian mud also played a huge factor in slowing German armor down.

4) A few others ill post after I play more.

I played in a 3 v 3 game last night and we lost a member due to lag, we were down 100 points before me and my partner started stabilizing the front. We played as German’s and focused on holding the enemy back till we can get some tiger’s on the ground. Once we had the tigers, we ran them closely with infantry support to push the enemy back, we heavily used Motars and anti-tank guns to ensure that our armor was safe. In the end we won by 100 points !!! Was an awesome game.

I am a huge WW2 buff so this game will keep me away from bf3 for sometime, maybe ill skip the battleday this satuday to play coh2 :P

Add me up on steam and we can team up :) Same name on steam as well.
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

One thing that also came to my mind last night was that the germans don't really have any immobilizing abilities for russian armor, while russian infantry has atleast 1 or 2 (AT grenades for infantry and the ram ability on the T-34).
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

KILLERCANKILL wrote: I am a huge WW2 buff so this game will keep me away from bf3 for sometime, maybe ill skip the battleday this satuday to play coh2 :P
Mind = Blown.

Killer play a game that isn't Battlefield 3!?!? I didn't think it was possible.
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

Undertow/Insanity, I don't know if you guys are on tonight, but if you are, I could help you guys out a bit. If others are there aswell, it would be even better.
KILLERCANKILL

Post by KILLERCANKILL »

Lol I play many games that arnt BF3, I have played like a million hours of COH, I was just waiting for this game to come out. BF3 will still remain my love :P
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

wait for Killer to go play COH and then switch to Bazaar!!!
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Now that I see this video poping up in my sub box, i'd like to tell you that there is going to be a special Sunday Night Fights cast this next saturday (April 28).

SNF is probably the most famous live-cast for COH where 2-3 guys cast a pre played COH game between 2 high level players.

phpBB [video]
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

OPEN BETA IS HERE
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

After refusing to buy coh2 I preordered it a day for launch and today I've upgraded to deluxe edition :oops: