[ArmA III] ACRE is working!

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

[ArmA III] ACRE is working!

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Just a heads-up, United Operations already has a working version of ACRE, the Advanced Combat Radio Environment mod. You can download it here:

http://forums.unitedoperations.net/inde ... with-acre/

It's not the public release yet, but according to Nouber it's pretty much final. Kuchen and I tested it today, it's working like a charm once you get it running.
Just follow the steps on the UO site. Make sure to run both Steam and Teamspeak as admin, and enable the "ACRE plugin" in Teamspeak.

Regarding actually using ACRE, this guide is a good first step: Link (most things from ArmA II still apply).

Kuchen and I tried the combat search and rescue mission that some of you already played with me, and it's amazing with ACRE. You should install that. Like, now.

Here are the official threads for ACRE:
ACRE for ArmA II
ACRE for ArmA III
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [ArmA III] ACRE is working!

Post by LoA »

KoffeinFlummi wrote:Just a heads-up, United Operations already has a working version of ACRE, the Advanced Combat Radio Environment mod. You can download it here:

http://forums.unitedoperations.net/inde ... with-acre/

It's not the public release yet, but according to Nouber it's pretty much final. Kuchen and I tested it today, it's working like a charm once you get it running.
Just follow the steps on the UO site. Make sure to run both Steam and Teamspeak as admin, and enable the "ACRE plugin" in Teamspeak.

Regarding actually using ACRE, this guide is a good first step: Link (most things from ArmA II still apply).

Kuchen and I tried the combat search and rescue mission that some of you already played with me, and it's amazing with ACRE. You should install that. Like, now.

Here are the official threads for ACRE:
ACRE for ArmA II
ACRE for ArmA III
All we need now is the full game and some good MP game modes.
AdmiralGiggles

Post by AdmiralGiggles »

Yay !
*Wishes BF3/4 ACRE*
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

IT doesn't require TS Server to be modded? You were making me think that when talking about it the other day.
Kuchenfari

Post by Kuchenfari »

It worked fine for us last night and the mighty Intarnets don't say otherwise. All it does is distort incoming signals, mute dead players and mute your mic when you're dead, which are all clientside things anyway.

@LoA: you forgot ACE :>
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

For those of you that have the problem where enabling the ACRE plugin in TS would stop your regular PTT hotkey from working, even though you're not ingame, do this:

1. Go to Settings -> Options
2. Go to the "Hotkeys" tab
3. Set the dropdown box in the bottom right to "Direct Input".
4. Done.