[Eve Online] The Fountain War

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

expandas
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

[Eve Online] The Fountain War

Post by expandas »

After the Odyssey patch, the Goonswarm Federation, a formidable superpower and leader of the Cluster frak Coalition (CFC), and its allies have decided to invade Fountain, a series of star systems in the southwest part of New Eden, for its resource-rich moons. Standing in their way are the forces of Test Alliance Please Ignore (TEST), led by Dreddit, a reddit-based corporation that owes its very success and power to the 'goons'. Most believed that TEST would crumble beneath the strength of the CFC, but the tables have turned with more and more corporations pledging their allegiance each day to one or the other faction. This is now a full-blown world war, and the perfect opportunity to follow the Eve universe if you haven't already.

Stay updated - http://eve.reddit.com
24/7 Stream Link - http://www.twitch.tv/mad_ani
Last edited by expandas on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
expandas
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Eve Online - The Fountain War

Post by expandas »

6.16.2013 - The Black Legion and other forces of the BBC (allied to TEST) have assaulted the CFC's northern systems. Here is a video of one of their victories today, taking out over a hundred Caracals (missile cruisers) and several carriers for only one Anathema (spec ops vessel).

phpBB [video]

Reddit discussion thread - http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/1g ... ing_qcab2/
Why is this important? - http://evenews24.com/2013/06/17/black-l ... rike-back/
Last edited by expandas on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Róka

Re: Eve Online - The Fountain War

Post by Róka »

I remember playing 2 months of EVE for free from Steam. Was such a great game to me, I love it, but at the end I realized there's a membership and that I can't really put that much money into it :cry:
ImageImage
sushi
Executive
Executive

Re: [Eve Online] - The Fountain War

Post by sushi »

moved into other games-section
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

I wonder how Stonie is doing with this :).
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

anyone else playing this? i been playing for a month now
C3:ImageC6Image
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

I have played since 2007 on and off.
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Eve Online] The Fountain War

Post by Fanne »

a friend playes a lot for some years now. He told something about someting big and war and new systhems in low sector...don't know if his clan is involved in the big war you are talking about but he has little time for bf3 left at the moment :roll:
I never tried it but sounds great if ya play a long time and in a clan ( you can pay with ingame money )
expandas
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by expandas »

6.27.2013 - Huge battle raging on in KCT-0A RIGHT NOW between TEST, TRIBE & PL vs CFC. Watch it here: http://www.twitch.tv/mad_ani
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

Play it semi actively currently.
"fraking game mechanics"
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

stopped playing over a year ago after like a 2 year break cause the game just takes too long to "level up" to hold my interest for more than 2 weeks at a time. game really has potential to be great, just takes too long to do anything for my tastes.

if it had a more traditional level up model like planetside/world of tanks/etc I'd absolutely love the game. but the real time skill training just turns me away every time.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

Thing is, it's 100% about acquiring space dolla. If you get any good at that, you simply buy characters with the skills you want trained with the acquired dolla and the time investment is suddenly circumvented.

But effort
"fraking game mechanics"
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Divine-Sneaker wrote:Thing is, it's 100% about acquiring space dolla. If you get any good at that, you simply buy characters with the skills you want trained with the acquired dolla and the time investment is suddenly circumvented.

But effort
not my idea of fun either. I tend to play MMOs because the leveling experience is fun, any end game content is a bonus. EvE does not have "leveling" in that respect as you have to wait for stuff to get done to work, plus all the secondary skills to make flying said ship worthwhile.

If I could effectively fly a battleship in 1 month of playing, I'd probably still play it. But since skills that you need to level 5 take like a month or better to finish training, I lose interest when I literally can't do anything different for a month waiting for said skill to finish.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

I tried eve for 2 months with a guest key thing from sneaker. Its definantly a game that I can see myself getting into completely, I just play so many games already, that I dont really have time to sink into such an expansive game.

I love the premise of it though, a completely player run system and economy sounds awesome to me.