Battlefield 4

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Róka

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Róka »

ImageImage
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/09/ro ... des-092613

I think most people following things already knew what all the game modes are going to be in BF4. Nonetheless...

I'm interested to check out Defuse. Sounds like it's basically CS (which I never played, but I did enjoy S&D a bit when I was playing COD back in the day). I wonder if it will play well in BF.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

It has also been confirmed that BF4 will ship with 10 maps!
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

give conquest domination, need them pointzzzz
C3:ImageC6Image
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/09/27/battl ... medium=emp

List with all 10 map names.
Some description about the 2 new game modes
Some description about one of the new maps (the one with trees and an old factory)

I can't find the "source"
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Below is the initial list of game server providers on PC that we will work with for Battlefield 4 during the Beta and launch of the game. We believe that these proven RSP’s will be able to offer global coverage of game servers.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ne ... lefield-4/

Is there any way we can get one of these to play?
Frosteyy

Post by Frosteyy »

Beta will have only official servers by each GSP. It's way to show off which GSP is worth investing in.
C5: LOD/Corporal
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/deal ... attlefield I'm sorry, you MUST be shitting me.. I payed £55 for the game and £40 for some magical thing called "premium" and now they are selling it for £26 a pop?
the end is really fµcking nigh
Nix

Post by Nix »

Tea-Assault wrote:https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/deal ... attlefield I'm sorry, you MUST be shitting me.. I payed £55 for the game and £40 for some magical thing called "premium" and now they are selling it for £26 a pop?
Welcome to life.
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Tea-Assault wrote:https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/deal ... attlefield I'm sorry, you MUST be shitting me.. I payed £55 for the game and £40 for some magical thing called "premium" and now they are selling it for £26 a pop?
Well then don't fraking preorder games. I thought Colonial Marines already taught everyone that lesson...
Kuchenfari

Post by Kuchenfari »

Thanks for the tip-off tho, Tea :)
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

KoffeinFlummi wrote:
Well then don't fecking preorder games. I thought Colonial Marines already taught everyone that lesson...
Sometimes, pre-ordering is worth it. Sometimes it's not. On big releases like this when the holiday season is right around the corner, it's not worth it b/c it's almost GUARANTEED that a game like this will have a big discount as Thanksgiving/Christmas roll around.
Image[/url]
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

what? no.
its almost guaranteed that any AAA game will not have any discount for the first 6 to 8 months.

it is pretty much a punch in the face to do a 40% discount one month after release.
If i remember correctly when Apple dropped the price for one of the iphones by 100$ close after release (few weeks) they refunded the 100$ back as appstore credit.

guess the sales didn't meet the expectations and they are trying to expend the number of base players to have more potential Premium customers and make money off that instead. Thats why there is 0% discount on Premium.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Necromancer wrote:what? no.
its almost guaranteed that any AAA game will not have any discount for the first 6 to 8 months.

it is pretty much a punch in the face to do a 40% discount one month after release.
If i remember correctly when Apple dropped the price for one of the iphones by 100$ close after release (few weeks) they refunded the 100$ back as appstore credit.

guess the sales didn't meet the expectations and they are trying to expend the number of base players to have more potential Premium customers and make money off that instead. Thats why there is 0% discount on Premium.
There is a reason I said that this really only applies when a game comes out just before the holiday season...

BF4 is on sale for $30.
Batman Origins is on sale for $20.
Company of Heroes 2 is on sale for $20.
Assassin's Creed 4 is on sale for $30.
GTA V is on sale for $35.
CoD Ghosts is on sale for $45.

I can list a ton more AAA games to refute your claim.

Again, this really only applies during the holiday season. But even w/o considering the Holiday season, games do drop quite a bit within the first 3 months.
Image[/url]
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

must remember it for BF5 which will also be released one month before the holidays and 2 weeks before COD 16.
get it cheap and after they fix all the launch BS.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!