[Batman - Arkham Origin]

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

[Batman - Arkham Origin]

Post by Jokerle »

Hey folks,

Who else is going to play this?
The older titles were only SP, but I think this one gets a multi-player of some kind. Could be fun.

I pre-ordered the game since I very much liked the previous two titles. I think the game launches tomorrow (in europe).
The gameplay is somewhat similar to Assassin's Creed, but less tedious climbing and REALLY cool fighting...
and BATMAN of course 8)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Arkham_Origins
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Batman - Arkham Origin]

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

I've got it preloaded :) . It's been killing me waiting all week. I'm so used to being spoiled by the gaming industry releasing games on Tuesday for NA this waiting till Friday thing is brutal.

I am mostly interested in the SP, hoping the new devs retain the quality that rocksteady has established but we'll see.

I'm still a little hesitant about the multiplayer. When I first heard it was getting one I was sort of hoping they were going to do a drop in drop out co op. Have the ability to have someone join your game and play as Robin and help you out with the main story or just generally run around the city "fighting crime."

I suppose tough a competitive mode will be OK though. It certainly sounds interesting. Two gangs fight each other, I assume fps style, and then you have two heroes who are just there to stop it. Sounds like Splinter Cells MP, which I enjoyed, with an added element of having two merc teams instead of just one vs the spies.

Depending on how well the game handles cross-Atlantic lag we should definitely try a few rounds some time.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

new devs? Hmmmm, i didnt follow the news. Just saw it and blindly bought it :lol:
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Yeah they handed the development to Warner Bros Montreal Division. Who have literally only did like the Wii U Version of Arkham City and... thats about it if I remember correctly. Which got lower reviews than the others but I think it was more for technical issues since the Wii U is still a newish system. I'm sure they shouldn't have those issues on this game. And then having previous experience with well basically just Arkham games I'm sure it will turn out good... hopefully. It obviously didn't stop me from pre-ordering.

As long as we don't get a game so different from the series its supposed to be in, I'll enjoy it. Looking at you, Amnesia: AMFP...
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Played a few MP rounds today. I have to say I'm not disappointed. Not many levels to choose from but its still a fun mode. I definitely plan on playing a lot more of it.