[DayZ Standalone]

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [DayZ Standalone]

Post by Jokerle »

A quick guide to DayZ for those of you that have faked interest for way too long just to remain 'social' and want a TL;DR
phpBB [video]
Last edited by Jokerle on Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

If you want an even more accurate description of DayZ, here's what myself and Jokerle were up to..

Elektra Part 2
Spoiler: show
Jokerle and I were strolling into Elektra. This wasn't perhaps the best idea since we had previously heard gunshots from the direction of the city. On our scout around the hilltops to the north, we found and disposed of a two-man bandit team who were prone on a ridge firing into the town. We then decided to push on further and see if we could find some food. We were running from cover to cover between haybales in an open field as we made good on our approach toward the city. Suddenly and without warning we started hearing heavy sustained fire, Joker took some bullets to the back and fell to the ground unconscious. I quickly started returning fire from the direction in which we came whilst trying desperately to see where and who it was coming from. During the chaos of the gunfight someone, some mad deluded fool, was nearing our position yelling "FRIENDLY" and sprinting directly for us. With Joker down and still having no idea where the hail of bullets was coming from I dropped the poor sod and moved to help Joker.
After a brief lapse in the seemingly endless hail of bullets that sounded as if they were smacking the very belly from the air around us, Jokerle had somehow managed to regain consciousness and bandaged up his wounds enough so that we could make an attempt to escape the area. We ran as fast as possible towards the church, hoping that some sort of divine will would come to our aid and let us escape with at least our precious can openers. As we pelted across the fields dodging bullets and leaping fences, another figure drifted into my view from the front. I cursed at him telling him to get away from us and told him to make for the hills, but still he ran. He made a direct line for me and drew a fireaxe from his back. Wasting no time I unleashed half of my 60 round magazine in his direction, there was precious little time to aim as Joker was bleeding and we were still being fired upon. He dropped to the floor, axe falling from his hands as I heard him screaming something about my mother in his broken english and french accent.
We had made it into a pub, more specifically, we had made it into the winchester. We ran upstairs, I found a room with no windows and shut the door behind us as we crouched in the corner and waited. After about 5 minutes of waiting we were pretty bored and convinced ourselves that no one had followed us inside. We took a gamble that Rambo was waiting for us to come out, so I proceeded to perform a miracle of modern medicine and cured Joker of his wounds by shoving an IV into his arm and squeezing a whole saline bag into his body. He instantly stood up and praised the sun for bringing colour to his eyes as he walked around the room admiring the vivid yellow of the wallpaper. We were sure that we were safe and prepped for leaving by scooping food at our faces and drinking heartily from our canteens.
We were prepared to leave the safety of the pub. Not knowing if there was anyone who had followed us inside we began to sweep and clear the rooms. Rifle raised I slowly crept down the stairs, upon seeing the front door I tentatively stepped towards the only exit to the pub. Almost as if he had been sitting in 3rd person around the corner of the door for the whole time that we had been inside the pub, Rambo appeared. He strafed the door with his finger held firmly on the trigger, bullets whizzed past me and ricocheted off the walls and at my feet. I stood stock still, admiring his accuracy for what it truly was. I had finally found him after hearing only stories of his existence. I had found the one. For you see, what I had found was indeed the single most inaccurate player in the history of DayZ. Not wishing for him to get lucky, I stepped back up the stairs and prepared to negotiate for the lives of our party.
"Hello, please would you stop shooting at me?" were the first words I uttered to Rambo. Silence. "Hello, is anyone there?" I called again. After a short period of silence I heard a heavy french accent from the bottom of the stairs "Yes hello thees is the guy whose mother****ing friend you just gunned down you basta*d". Yes, this was a good start in my eyes, at least he had a microphone. "Could you stop shooting at us?" I then asked again "You killed my friend, the one weeth the pristine fire axe". Ah. Well this wasn't the worst start to a negotiation I had ever had. After conferring with him for a few minutes I had negotiated that he give us a saline bag and that we both lower our weapons. I gave Joker another life saving squeeze of the bag and then he ran up the stairs to see Joker. Extremely suspicious, I told him to go back down the stairs and wait. He complied, but as soon as he had there came another surprise, his friend had logged back in, found himself a mosin and was currently sitting at the bottom of the stairs with it pointing right at me. I ducked back around the staircase and told him to lower his weapon, this he did after a short pause. Jokerle and I were in a bad spot. There were two armed guys blocking the only exit we had out of the building. Both had tried to kill us and, more importantly for me, both were french. I asked Joker what he thought we should do, in typical Joker fashion he said he had no idea and that he was hungry.
Not knowing whether I was making the right choice or not, I drew my weapon and let loose two full magazines down the staircase at the two. I killed Rambo instantly, his friend absorbed a few rounds and then ran from the pub. This way my pub. We gave chase, but after a frantic few minutes of searching we decided that he had combat logged from the sheer fear that the presence of Joker's mighty balls instilled in people. We had done it, we had survived. In the end that's all that matters, both the survival of yourself and that of your party. That is the essence of DayZ and that was our day in Elektra.
the end is really fµcking nigh
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Very interesting read. When do you guys usually play?
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Tea-Assault and me have usually short & random DayZ session during the weekend.

@Tea: nice write-up!
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

This was an incredible read indeed! I usually don't read so long posts hihi but this was excellent! Cheers!

The most amazing thing is that you managed to snag a saline bag out of a guy coming to kill you :D
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Show off your inventories
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

Cheers for the feedback guys :) and yeah I must be a convincing negotiator :-P

.sup I don't think that's a good idea, I have 6 pairs of handcuffs and lubricant
the end is really fµcking nigh
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

I have just purchased a server. I won't give the details but if somebody wants to gear up quickly let me know and I will restart the server. Just be at the location you want to loot.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

DayZ 2014-11-17 00-31-44-84.png
Just some loot
DayZ badko brani.png
goalkeeping in Severograd

We have a new server up, Holy Bananas SI - NO KoS

undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

Join us guys, we are already 6 ppl in a group! :thumbup:
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM