[Rust] The Horde Sleeps

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] Fatal mistakes... But let's not give up!!!

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

only problem i see with that is when players want to log in when the leader isnt around like for many of us EU players. I dont want it to feel like we cant do anything because the leader not online to 'ok' it
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Re: [Rust] Fatal mistakes... But let's not give up!!!

Post by BRUMMIE »

Ok this is enough to bring me in from the dark. Where do I start. (game purchased, then a quick run on a non-pvp server). They even tried to bully me on there lol. Goofs. Me's gonna enjoy this. Hopefully catch some of you later this evening.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] New server. New home. ANUSTART.

Post by haruky »

Last night, we found a server. This might be home for a while. The only problem with it is that it doesn't seem to have that many airdrops... We'll keep looking into it and see if we can get an Admin to answer.

We've established a 3x3 in Metal Valley Mountain. It's close to Wasteland South which seems to have a lot of resources. (T8/U8 on the map) Password is 1942.

I also went out gathering (not for resources) and now we've got the ability to craft Large Medkits, Shotguns, P250s, 9mms, Large Wooden Crates, and of course, research kits.

We've got a good base going and we should be relatively safe. Let's continue to build here for a while. At least until we become a powerful enough force that people won't mess with us. I'm thinking we may be here for a while, but we may need to keep an eye out for things like airdrop rates and whatnot. If there are no air-drops, we may... want to abandon ship as that leaves us without the ability to raid. But it also means that people won't raid us. (due to lack of c4)

Anyway, there were a few conflicts tonight.

We had some hostilities between our group and a guy named PVT! Although things got heated, I got him to be friendly with us. We should be okay with him. Please do not KOS him unless he starts shooting.

Secondly, please KOS a guy named 310. He is definitely not friendly and we lost a lot of loot to him multiple times. Be wary.

Anyway, this is a new start. Let's do this well. Let's not screw up!

Also, regarding leadership, let's get a discussion going on it. I think the way Cheesy talked about it is the way to go. We need to treat Rust like GC. This will help us get organized and prepared for future conflicts.
Image[/url]
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

haruky, can you post the server? how am i suppose to guard your stuff while you guys are sleeping
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Seraphim and I spent some time today looting Small Rad Towns.

We managed to grab an M4 and now Seraphim and I can craft it. About an hours worth of work to get the thing, but I suppose it was worth it.

Also, just as a heads up, there is a dude with a blank name that is KOSing everyone in that town. He wears leather armor. Please do us all a favor and kill him.

But at the same time, don't try and take a good gun out and shoot him. You'll most likely lose it and he'll now have a nice M4 or a Shotgun.

We need to move as a group if we want to kill the guy. It's hard b/c his name is blank, but we should just keep an eye out for him. (I also think I know where he lives. Would love to eventually raid/grief his house)

@BRUMMIE - I've posted the server information in the TS channel description!
Image[/url]
CountBelasarius
Executive
Executive

Post by CountBelasarius »

Glory to the new server!

I've run around Big Radtown for a bit, and can now craft 9mil, P250, Shotgun and MP5. I've got some other stuff too (ammo, pickaxes, large boxes, etc) that I'll try to bring back too.

After either some more success or abject failure, I will join y'all in the South.
lC8l - GL*FSG
lC9l - WY*COL
lC10l - GE=EMP
lC11l - 11BCPT
lC12l - AH*BRG
lC13l - CU-SGT
BF3 C1 - [WH2]
BF3 C2 - [TA]
BF3 C3 - [TA]
BF3 C4 - [TA]
BF3 C5 - [TA]
BF3 C6 - [TA]
BF4:C1 [☭] Komandir
CountBelasarius
Executive
Executive

Post by CountBelasarius »

Cognito and I continued farming Big Radtown. I drew fast enough to kill a couple of guys I ran into and got luck with the drops so we now have a 2x P250's, 3x Shotguns, 1x MP5, 1x M4, and drum roll...

3x explosives!!! In addition I've learned everything but the M4 and the explosives.

We ran into a guy coming back from a supply drop and killed him. Because we have so much loot, we step up a 1x1 with a metal door to protect it all. We'll wait until a bunch of people are online to come and help us make it safely back.

Until then, we'll run big radtown to try to get a research kit.
lC8l - GL*FSG
lC9l - WY*COL
lC10l - GE=EMP
lC11l - 11BCPT
lC12l - AH*BRG
lC13l - CU-SGT
BF3 C1 - [WH2]
BF3 C2 - [TA]
BF3 C3 - [TA]
BF3 C4 - [TA]
BF3 C5 - [TA]
BF3 C6 - [TA]
BF4:C1 [☭] Komandir
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

anus tart?
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

With raspberry filling <3
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] The Beginnings of a New Era: The GC Era.

Post by haruky »

Hello, friends.

It has been too long since the last Rust update. This is going to be a LONGGG update that's separated into multiple parts. Sorry for the length of the post, guys! I'll include a tl;dr at the bottom!

Our group has been quite the busy worker bees lately. For those of you just now tuning in, I will give you guys a glimpse into the happenings of our new home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home:

The place we call home... It has been completed. The main structure is a tall complex with many doors, many rooms, and many many weapons and armor. We've built a lookout tower in the top floors, we also have a buffer zone (or entertainment patio) that will make defending our precious home a lot easier. Our base is, essentially, amazing. I want to thank CognitoCon and Damonott. We all appreciate your really hard work in designing our home. I also want to thank those who spent hours gathering resources. Players like Seraphim and Kismet (I know I'm forgetting a few names.. Sorry!!) really played a big role in getting this base up. Without player like them, our base would never be what it is now. Thanks, guys!!

The next few steps I think we need to take will be preventative measures for griefers. This is something I brought up last night to Duke and a few other players. What do I mean by this?

Let me explain.

Currently, our main base (not buffer) has only 2 doors. What I fear is that a group of griefers will come along, blow those two doors, and replace it with their own. Now, what this would mean for us is that we get locked out (or in) out of our own house. That is very bad. In the best case scenario, we wake up, and we still have all of our gear, including c4.

We'd be able to blow our way out (unless they blew down every door and replaced it w/ their own)

In that best case scenario, everything is a-okay.

The worst case scenario?

They replace those doors. Take our C4 and the rest of our gear. What does that mean? We lost everything. Not just the loot. But we also lose the base. The base we worked countless hours to create. All because of two doors.

Now, not all is lost. We could always regroup and start crafting C4 in another area, come back, and reclaim it for our own. But, as the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.

So, what is the prevention? The prevention requires c4, doorways, and metal doors. I think one of the best ways to make sure the grief doesn't happen is to replace some of the second or first floor walls with doors. This would give us multiple exits and would be a lot safer than having only TWO exits. I'm not talking about making it so that we have a doorway on ALL sides, but it is something worth considering.

Although this is good and all, there is still the possibility that they go through the house and replace all of our doors with their doors. In that case, we can't do anything about that. But, the one thing we CAN easily fix is adding a few exit/entrance doors.

I'd love to have a good discussion on this sometime. Some people will disagree, some will agree. Regardless of the case, I think it might be worth looking at in the future. I would love to hear your guys' thoughts.

The GC Era:

Now that our base has been well established, our resources plenty, our numbers strong, we've become a real superpower in our server. We now have the capability of running out with full gear without the fear of being set back by a ton if we were to get killed. Now, although it is good that we have this capability, let's continue to remain vigilant in our raids, resource gatherings, and our airdrop runs.

Just yesterday, we found a way to create C4. Since then, we've managed to do a few raids. The raids will have their own section. But I just wanted to state that this has become a pivotal turning point for our presence on this server.

Because we've become so powerful, we've also managed to make new friends and new enemies. Our group has been giving out "hand-outs" to new players. These hand-outs range from food, to blueprints, to hatchets and pickaxes. Not only does this create good will for our group, but it also allows us to maintain a big information network. Our good-will has gained the trust of a lot of the players and our "hobo-network" will become a great asset in the future.

We now need to locate hostiles and enemies and find ways to destroy their home. It won't be easy. And we may end up with a lot of losses. But, it would be good to be the first to strike.

The Raids:

We began our first series of raids last night. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend most of them as I had my weekly poker night.

But, I had the pleasure of participating in the first raid.

Our first victims were the occupants of the Church, which is now called Stalingrad. We had a small history with this group. For those who aren't familiar with it, let me give you the backstory.

One day, we were gathering resources in our valley. We see three guys approach us with weapons drawn. They fired the first shot and we retaliated. We crushed their first attempts at murdering us, and they immediately came back to reclaim their gear. Unfortunately, we weren't as prepared for the second wave, and they promptly executed our group. But, little did they know, we had our base just up the hill from the valley. We were able to quickly re-organize and storm down the hill to take vengeance. We rode down yelling our battle cry. The last thing they heard was "HELLO, FRIENDS!" (Okay. I'm just kidding. We didn't actually say "hello, friends" as we killed them) We grabbed our own loot and even more of theirs. The waves stopped coming, and we went back happily to our own home with the newfound gear.

That is our history with the occupants of The Church.

So, it only made sense that we should raid them first. We would claim them as our first blood. Our first attempt was unsuccessful. We tried to get in from the top, only to realize there was nothing good. Our second attempt was more successful. We found out where their gear was. Blew down the doors. There was one guy defending the base. I'm sure he was terrified. He managed to get into a great position in the "roof" of the building. He took myself and Hitman out.

But he made a fatal mistake as he fell from the roof and onto the floor where Seraphim and Guardian were waiting for him.
He was utterly destroyed.

We managed to take all his loot back to our home. We found a full crate of pickaxes, arrows, and bows. We also managed to pick up nearly 500 bullets of various kinds. We also grabbed all his guns, building supplies, and resources.

All in all, it was a great first experience.

From what I've heard, we also went on a few raids that did not go as well. This is something I think Duke or any other person can fill us in on.

I'm looking forward to raiding a few other hostile bases. We need to make sure the bases that we are raiding are confirmed hostiles. We don't want to blow down our friends' doors. I can't wait till we can gather more resources to get more C4!

This is all the updates that I have. My TL;DR is included below. I hope a lot of you guys get on today so we can do some more good work!

Thanks everyone for your hard work. We've got a really great thing going and I'm hoping to maintain our power presence on the server.

TL;DR:

1.) We need to discuss ways to prevent griefing tactics.
2.) The GC era is here. Our group has become powerful, but we need to continue to play smart and not get over-confident. Be friends with people when you can, and they will become a great asset in the future.
3.) The first raid went well. The next few, from what I heard, not so much. We still have room for improvement and I'm looking forward to the future!
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Last night, a crew of 4(?) ran around in full Kevlar killing people on sight.

They must have some good loot to have the ability to do this sort of thing.

I managed to take down some of their names:

DevilKiller
Darken
JackStraw
HoneyBee
mclovinisaacs
Bacination
kdogcrusader
bagoffootballs
Dictator

Blindsight
Neon
Mon4

I know there are a few more, but I do think it might be worth raiding them at one point or another. We may not have the numbers and gear to do it yet, but I hope we can hit them eventually.

We also need more resource runs on a more consistent basis. I know raids are fun and all, but we can't do them without resources. It's terribly boring, but it is a necessary part of the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by haruky on Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Also, I have a few people who are confirmed friendlies. Do NOT shoot these people. They helped me out of a sticky situation where I was in a position to lose a ton of resources from my latest gathering venture. I also acted as a naked and they even offered to give me blueprints to help me out.

Just as a note, they know where we live. Seems like we've gathered quite a bit of attention. They know we have big numbers. They also know that some of our players are friendly, and others not so much. They think BigD is a pretty cool guy and wanted to maintain good relations with everyone else as well.

I think you guys might know this already, but the players "allmadeup" and "frijoles" are actually our next door neighbors. Do NOT engage nor raid them. We could definitely use their help if and when we start getting raided. The more allies, the better.

Also, remember that house down by the coast? The weird one that we were thinking of raiding? That's PTC's house. May I make a suggestion and say, let's not raid it?

1.) It got cleared out by the group of guys with BlindSight
2.) He is friendly with our neighbors, allmadeup and frijoles

I think it'd be great if we did our best to help our neighbors out. They don't seem to have ill intentions toward us and the more allies we have, the better it is. What do you guys think?

Confirmed Friendlies:
allmadeup
Frijoles
PTC

Neutrals?
Tango and crew

Edit: I've added allmadeup to my friendlist. I think he's a trustworthy guy. Not enough to give him access to our base, but enough to feel safe with him being near us.
Image[/url]
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] Friends and Enemies.

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

First let me say that my internet crap the bed last night and i hope Duke and the guys killed my sleeping clone and took all my crap. havent had the chance to log back in yet.

Secondly, Tango and his crew got raided/murdered yesterday by Goons. they might not be coming back. Im also confident that Dictator quit as well. Anyone else confirm this?
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] Friends and Enemies.

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

BREAKING NEWS:

Some one just laid a large metal foundation between us and our neighbors! we must push out the invaders!
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

haruky wrote:They think BigD is a pretty cool guy
Doesn't everyone? k:pardon:
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.

Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve.