[Rust] The Horde Sleeps

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] The Second Night. [Everyone join on May 30th @SBT

Post by haruky »

LoRdG0nZo wrote:
haruky wrote:Want a report for the night?
The f*ck?
Remember the group of guys that I managed to become buddies with? Well, one of them decided to go to one of the largest bases on the server and guess passwords for a while. Eventually he guessed right. The password? 8008. Yes. That's right. 8008. Every single one of their doors was 8008.

Basically, he took over the entire base cus he guessed the password correctly. He deauthorized everyone from the cupboard and took the base after destroying all the sleeping bags. And in their loot room were literally hundreds of guns. There was a crate that was full of AKs, a crate full of Bolt Actions, and a crate half full of Thompsons. These guys were rolling in the dough...

Anyway, now that we took it over, we just stay there now along w/ the main base.

This brings me to the next point.

These guys I've been rolling with are pretty cool. It's a group of 3 of them and they've done really well for themselves in the game. They've asked if I wanted to roll with their crew and I happily joined up with them. They also were wondering if you guys wanted to join. I said I'd ask, so here I am asking you guys.

Now, one thing that I do want to talk about is the question of "separate but together". I would still very much like to have our own organization and our own base. But would like to collaborate on bigger raids and resource gathering events with this other group of guys. We could help each other get the BPs we need, or craft C4 together, etc etc. They can assist in raiding and defending. We can do the same for them.

That's what I think we should do, rather than all build one base and live w/ them. I think we should have another base that's near theirs so that we can help each other out efficiently, but still remain separate. I can also be sort of a liaison between our two groups too.

Anyway, what are your guys' thoughts on this alliance? They are really knowledgeable about this game and it could really help boost us quite a bit. But of course, I don't want to make any decisions unless we all have a chance to talk about it.
Image[/url]
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Hashey

Post by Hashey »

SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

dammit haruky. ive been too bust to play. probably wont be able to play tonight as im going to the ceremony of the Battle of Belleau Wood tomorrow morning. Wreath laying with the Commandant is at 8. im down for wroking together and forming an alliance but i really want to have a strong GC group going.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

SeraphiM0352 wrote:dammit haruky. ive been too bust to play. probably wont be able to play tonight as im going to the ceremony of the Battle of Belleau Wood tomorrow morning. Wreath laying with the Commandant is at 8. im down for wroking together and forming an alliance but i really want to have a strong GC group going.
I would love to have a strong GC group as well. But I think we can benefit a lot from allying ourselves with this smaller group. They know a lot about the game and we can definitely learn quite a bit about base building and other mechanics from them.

I don't think there'll be too many people online today.

The server wipes next Thursday so there's little point to playing extensively.
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

My apologies everyone, I won't be able to make it at SBT. I might be a little bit late. Had something come up..
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] SERVER WIPE 6/4 [Everyone join on 6/6 @SBT!]

Post by haruky »

Servers will wipe this Thursday. I'm going to be on that night hoping to get a good start. If anyone wants to join me, I'll be on starting at 6pm PDT.

For anyone else interested, please join in on this Saturday at SBT. I may not be there but we've got power in numbers! Hopefully Thursday and Friday will give us enough time to get started with a base so that the rest of you can have a decent time on Saturday.
Image[/url]
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

That's 3 am for me, so I probably won't join you thursday. We should get the band back together next weekend though! Who's in?
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

FYI

There will be player draft and 1st scrim this Saturday.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
CountBelasarius
Executive
Executive

Post by CountBelasarius »

Good news everybody!

http://www.reddit.com/r/playrust/commen ... e_now_10x/

In the next update, walls are 10x more resistant to melee attacks and 2x as resistant to C4.

For those of you wondering why we kept losing everything once we got offline, the raiding balance was screwed up. It was very easier for a person with simple to tools to literally pickaxe their way into a base and it was preposterously easy if they had C4. There was little point in building a base that wasn't an armored doom fortress.

This is a good sign that the dev team recognizes that there are balance issues and are moving to correct them. This by itself pushes raiding balance significantly back towards legacy - which is good!

I'll try to be around Thursday and Friday to see how the balance is.I hope that before and after the battle day some people participating in the campaign will be free to join.
lC8l - GL*FSG
lC9l - WY*COL
lC10l - GE=EMP
lC11l - 11BCPT
lC12l - AH*BRG
lC13l - CU-SGT
BF3 C1 - [WH2]
BF3 C2 - [TA]
BF3 C3 - [TA]
BF3 C4 - [TA]
BF3 C5 - [TA]
BF3 C6 - [TA]
BF4:C1 [☭] Komandir
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Jokerle wrote:FYI

Yup. I am aware of this. 1st scrim and player draft should take precedent, but there's a few people in our Rust crew that don't play BF4 anymore (like myself..).

In any case, everyone's free to join!
Image[/url]
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

haruky wrote:

Yup. I am aware of this. 1st scrim and player draft should take precedent, but there's a few people in our Rust crew that don't play BF4 anymore (like myself..).

i think im going to be pretty casual this campaign so i might join you.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

SeraphiM0352 wrote:
haruky wrote:

i think im going to be pretty casual this campaign so i might join you.
So, I got word a Canadian friend of mine will be coming down for the weekend. Looks like I won't be on for most of the day here... :(
Image[/url]
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

did you atleast get something started? can you tell us where about you might have started getting things set up
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

So gonzo and I got on and played for a while. We were able to get a little home base going. If you look on the new map (which is two islands now) we are located somewhere around O,14. We built up on a rock to be a bit safer but the design is pretty a clusterfuck. We kinda just placed crap where we could fit it.