[Rust] The Horde Sleeps

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] Server Wipe @Sunday SBT+8. Mass Migration @SBT+6!

Post by haruky »

StarfisherEcho wrote:Duke made me buy this. Where do I go to join the Lord of the Flies fun?
One of us.. One of us..

Come join us on TS. We're all here and we'll help you get started. It'd be awesome if you can get online in time for The Great Migration!

The more bodies we have, the better we'll be.
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] The Promised Land is... ours!!!

Post by haruky »

The Great Migration... has been done! We are still completing our new structure(s) and so far, it was a great success.

A few hours before the migration, we had a group try to raid us. That was an intense hour or so, but eventually we managed to wipe them out.

After that defense, we began by organizing our loot and making sure the good gear was spread out well among all of us. Before we left our fortress, we took a group photo for the memories.

We began our trek across Next Valley, through the forest, and into Coastal Valley/Resource.

After a while, we found our promised land...

Although we made it, we had a few frights. Right before the wipe, we had a few Kevlar guys try and kill us. They picked off a few of our guys but we managed to grab our gear again.

While we waited for the server to wipe, a few of us tried joining the server continuously so that we wouldn't get murdered while our sleepers were on the ground. Once we got in, we ran over to our "location" and began to build. As 10 of us began our trek, 3 Kevlars showed up and opened fire. We were confused, thinking maybe it was friendly fire. It wasn't. We all shot back. All ten of us. They were killed and we looted their body. We started building our new home on top of their grave.

Now, we begin our new journey in a new location! This game is so much fun and it's been incredibly intense. I hope we get some more players to join our immensely large crew. If you want in, feel free to join us on the server sometime. We'll help you out.
Image[/url]
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] We've found the Promised Land!

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

so i logged in today and found myself in a random spot with none of my gear. I know i logged off in the building and had my bag down. did something happen?

Edit: Found the building, its still there. need the door codes to get to rest of the place. i only have the front door
CountBelasarius
Executive
Executive

Post by CountBelasarius »

Ask for the link to google doc with the door codes, someone should have it.

To the continue with Haruky's narrative:

Begin Dispatch

After the crushing victory in the Battle of the Cliffs, our fortunes took a turn for the worse. While a frenzy of building commenced immediately, our prodigious inventories full of supplies last only long enough to establish the first 5 floors of the building, and even at that, leaving many windows unbarred and doorways lacking the crucial metal door.

Naturally the group at this point many members of the group began to forage - but to our dismay our new promised land turned out to be a virtual desert. While significantly closer to a pack of red animals and several groups of buildings,and a short distance from Big Radtown, and featuring a stunning ocean vista, our new valley was utterly lacking in resources.

Our colony's great migration turned out to potentially be a bust. We stranded ourselves in a valley without resources.

So we began to forage further out, with our scavenging parties pushing past the forest and multiple attempts to reach our former home in Next Valley. We figured that with almost a dozen players on (out of a server population of around 120), top tier gear, and disestablished enemies, that we could travel about and gather in safety.

Alas, we may have underestimated the situation. That server pop of 120 was the result of a surge of players returning to this server. And many of them were particularly nasty villains. And the normal sense of community that we learned to expect in Next Valley was gone. And many of our new players (despite carrying automatic weapons and leather or kevlar gear) were new the game. And even basic resource gathering was a chore and dangerous.

Person after person left to scavenge or gather, and moments or minutes later we'd hear the shouts and curses following a death. Time and time again, groups suited up and charged out for revenge only to find barren ground as the bandits had moved on. Each loss was a set of armor, ammo, weapons, survival gear, medkits and food. Almost no one returned with "profits."

The colony entered a period of literal famine. Carefully hoarded stocks of chocolate, tuna and granola disappeared as hunger threatened to consume to respawned members. Persons who had an hour or two ago had felt on top of the world in combat gear and armed to the teeth, ventured forth, naked and armed only with a rock as the chests ran out of cloths and tools, and even the materials to make them. Adventurers began dying to animals, arrows, and even other rock armed nakeds.

We are in desperate straits. Horrific miscalculation in location and overconfidence in that immediate aftermath left us with depleted stockpiles of both basic and high-tech gear, a half built base and almost no resources.

However, we do have that base - an enormous amount of sunk resources in a secure location. We have some stocks of critical gear (rad suits and rad pills). Our armory can still enable us to defend ourselves if conserved. Most importantly we have our hard won knowledge, both in the items we can craft and our experience in the game.

End Dispatch

So what this means is that we HAVE to adapt. We will need to husband our weapons; gather and scavenge with only the most basic of gear. We may need to either set up a temporary base somewhere with better resources or outright relocate despite the enormous loss of those resources sunk into the current base. We have a group that can out-population any other group on the server, we have to leverage those numbers carefully to gather desperately needed resources. The more players we have the better we can bounce back, if and only if, those players are careful and thoughtful in how they play.
lC8l - GL*FSG
lC9l - WY*COL
lC10l - GE=EMP
lC11l - 11BCPT
lC12l - AH*BRG
lC13l - CU-SGT
BF3 C1 - [WH2]
BF3 C2 - [TA]
BF3 C3 - [TA]
BF3 C4 - [TA]
BF3 C5 - [TA]
BF3 C6 - [TA]
BF4:C1 [☭] Komandir
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] We've left the Promised Land! [And future plans]

Post by haruky »

Okay guys, for those of you who are just now checking up, I have an update.

We got raided. Both my tower and the communal tower. We lost EVERYTHING. I don't know how they raided us, but it's all gone. Anyway, we moved servers for the time being to one that was recently wiped. This should help new-comers get to know how to play the game b/c there won't be people running around with full kits of kevlar and military weapons.

There's supposed to be a big update that should force all servers to fully wipe. When this happens, we are gonna migrate back to our main server as a large group.

What we need to discuss now, is where our new base will be and what will the design be.

Damonott recently joined our group and he seems to have a lot of past experience with the game. He recommends Portugal and Spain Valley. There doesn't seem to be a lot of resources there, but it is fairly secluded and is close to Big Rad Town.

Honestly, in my opinion, I'm all for going back to Next Valley. As crowded as it gets, with our group so big, we should be alright. We would be able to build a relatively large base in a short amount of time due to how much resources there are in that valley. I love that valley and I prefer not to leave it. Our journey to Coastal ResourceValley was utter failure due to the fact that the nodes do not respawn quickly. Let's not migrate there.

So it comes down to this.

Do we go with Damonotts idea? Mine? Or does anyone else have an alternative?
Image[/url]
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

for those of us that logged off before you decided to move servers (and after spending hours trying to re-coup our resource supply) do you have the ip for the new server?

i will most likely be logging in before everyone else gets online, you know, EU time zone and all that jazz. also, location of temp base on new server?
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

I just want to say I am loving the changing title of this topic. You guys are making me want the game despite staying as far away from it as I could in the past.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Guys, big news!

Remember the patch we've been talking about? Well, it's coming out today. I have no clue what time. But it definitely is today. Patch is out NOW! Here are the notes: http://playrust.com/

No one is 100% sure whether it will require a full wipe or not. But in the event that it does, we're gonna need to migrate back to our home server ASAP and get ourselves situated before others can.

If ya'll can keep an eye out for a server wipe on our home server, that'd be awesome. I won't be home till after work (SBT+8). I'm hoping it requires a full server wipe! Let's do this, boys!

@gwynzer... Get it! It's so much fun and we can use more european players!
Image[/url]
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

haruky wrote:Guys, big news!

Remember the patch we've been talking about? Well, it's coming out today. I have no clue what time. But it definitely is today. Patch is out NOW! Here are the notes: http://playrust.com/

No one is 100% sure whether it will require a full wipe or not. But in the event that it does, we're gonna need to migrate back to our home server ASAP and get ourselves situated before others can.

If ya'll can keep an eye out for a server wipe on our home server, that'd be awesome. I won't be home till after work (SBT+8). I'm hoping it requires a full server wipe! Let's do this, boys!

In the event of a full wipe, where should we set up?
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

SeraphiM0352 wrote:
haruky wrote:Guys, big news!

In the event of a full wipe, where should we set up?
Honestly, I want to go back to Next Valley. It's crowded, and very high traffic, but with our numbers this high, we should be okay. Traveling back and forth for resources from Portugal and Spain was really a pain. Also, we've got people from both Euro and American time zones so we can defend against "sleeping" raids due to the intermixing timezones.

My idea was to establish two-three bases to spread the risk. One where we were. One near the forest. In the event of a raid, we'd still have SOME supplies from our other base to help re-establish ourselves again.

What do you guys think?

I don't know about base design, but if you guys have a better idea than the "maze" design I made, please use it! I know we can accomplish a lot in the next 11 hours before I get back home. I'm excited to see what you guys come up with!
Image[/url]
CountBelasarius
Executive
Executive

Re: [Rust] Patch RELEASED!!! Update available now!

Post by CountBelasarius »

I second returning the original server and staking a claim to part of Next Valley.
lC8l - GL*FSG
lC9l - WY*COL
lC10l - GE=EMP
lC11l - 11BCPT
lC12l - AH*BRG
lC13l - CU-SGT
BF3 C1 - [WH2]
BF3 C2 - [TA]
BF3 C3 - [TA]
BF3 C4 - [TA]
BF3 C5 - [TA]
BF3 C6 - [TA]
BF4:C1 [☭] Komandir
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

CountBelasarius wrote:I second returning the original server and staking a claim to part of Next Valley.
If our server does do a full reset, and we migrate back, can somebody post an update in this thread? I'm anxious to know.
Image[/url]
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

Gwynzer wrote:I just want to say I am loving the changing title of this topic. You guys are making me want the game despite staying as far away from it as I could in the past.
^^^^ My sentiments exactly. I highly doubt I'll get Rust (seems to require a lot of time and energy to maintain everything and i have neither of those to spare). But I'm absolutely loving your adventures. Except for when you guys lose your stuff and such.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Guys, checking the Rust Subreddit, It looks like servers might need a full wipe. Item data seem to be corrupted with the new changes.

THIS IS OUR CHANCE!!
Image[/url]