[Rust] The Horde Sleeps

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] Base Design.

Post by cairdazar »

Now we are talking, I have the rocket launcher, the rocket and the smg blueprints and we finally got the C4 one to!

We need to get together and to some raiding :twisted:
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] Base Design.

Post by haruky »

Yes! We finally have stuff we need to have some fun.

Had a dream that I would get C4 blueprint from researching a Library while I took a nap today. So I revealed the Library and we got a C4 Blueprint...

In any case, now that we have all we need, let's plan. There is a hostile base somewhat close to us that's made out of sheet metal. I suggest we raid it. It would be nice to do the raid when people are offline, but being that this is an EU server and most of our players are EU, I see that being difficult. HOWEVER. You guys are frekin' insane and have absolutely bonker sleep schedules. So maybe it could work..

My suggestion? How about we try to do the raid around SBT +7 or 8 on New Years Day? That should be relatively late in EU which means low server pop, but it also can be inconvenient.

Or, do we want to do it earlier in the day? What works best for you guys?
Image[/url]
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Re: [Rust] The Raid (When should we do it? Voice your vote)

Post by Gonzo »

Well, it finally happened. We've been raided by Mathew. Everything is gone. I'll see you guys on thursday.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

LoRdG0nZo wrote:Well, it finally happened. We've been raided by Mathew. Everything is gone. I'll see you guys on thursday.
Oh. There we go boys. How do we know it was Matthew?
Also, just my opinion, but we need people to stay off global chat and stirring the pot. Keffah keeps talking to the hostile groups and it seems to provoke them. Is it just me or does that not seem like something we should avoid?
Image[/url]
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

I know because it said he killed me with a bolt-action when I spawned today.

I generally agree that it's not a good idea to even talk in chat at all, but in this case I'm pretty sure it didn't matter. AFAIK no one knew where Keffah or any of us lived. I think this was just a group of people with too many resources, too much time and being so close to the wipe, nothing to lose.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] WIPE 1/7 - Organization.

Post by haruky »

Alright boys.

In just a couple days, we'll have a full wipe in our server. Here's what I think we should do to maximize our abilities within this server.

We need to get everybody online as soon as the wipe goes live. I know this will be hard since we're all in different time zones, but this will be for the best.

Option 1: We should create several different teams that make temporary bases near lootable areas. Have 3 people per each lootable area. This will help us farm BPs as much as possible. We should also save fragments and hope to build a library so that we get a C4 BP. Once we have a C4 BP, we should regroup, and start building our main base that's relatively far away from public eyes.

Option 2: We stick together and begin making bases first. We have one team gathering resources, one team that builds, and one team that BP farms all over the map.

What do you guys think? If you have any other suggestions, please voice them.
Image[/url]
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

personally i dont like keffah or douhnutking. frak'em, we dont need to include them in our plans. we can ally but not give them access. let them be separate entity
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

SeraphiM0352 wrote:personally i dont like keffah or douhnutking. frak'em, we dont need to include them in our plans. we can ally but not give them access. let them be separate entity
Any reason why? Just curious.
Image[/url]
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

So the wipe is expected to happen around sbt+2 tonight. I suggest that, depending how many people join tonight, we combine the two options and have some people go for BPs, while others start building a permanent base. The map is gonna be a lot smaller this time, so we need to stake a claim early.

Any ideas as to where we want the base? Here's the new map: http://www.playrusthq.com/map-gallery/JJdVmKjJ

I'm thinking of claiming one of the many caves and build a setup resembling what we had on US West, where we had a living base and a vault in the cave.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

LoRdG0nZo wrote:So the wipe is expected to happen around sbt+2 tonight. I suggest that, depending how many people join tonight, we combine the two options and have some people go for BPs, while others start building a permanent base. The map is gonna be a lot smaller this time, so we need to stake a claim early.

Any ideas as to where we want the base? Here's the new map: http://www.playrusthq.com/map-gallery/JJdVmKjJ

I'm thinking of claiming one of the many caves and build a setup resembling what we had on US West, where we had a living base and a vault in the cave.
That sounds pretty good to me. It's a dev forced wipe of map and BP. SOUNDS LIKE A MAJOR UPDATE TO ME.

we need everyone on as soon as this goes live. Please participate if you can.
Image[/url]
Damonott
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Damonott »

So kinda getting bored of what I'm playing right now. How is this "new" rust and are you guys on GC TS? Not sure I have seen many people on it.
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

So yeah I basically turned the base into a vault, we need more basic crap but I know where to go to get blueprints now relatively easily, if a bit of a run. ive got an AK with really low usage left in it, and 5.56 blueprint, also I got 2 autoturret prints and one of them is upstairs somewhere.. we need blueprints so we can research the AK i found also really tired now need sleep so bye x
the end is really fµcking nigh
CountBelasarius
Executive
Executive

Post by CountBelasarius »

SITREP

We have established two bases: one cave base called “Vault” and a second mountainside property claimed by Lambchop and Tea from several unfortunates that we will start calling “Kursk” (after the legacy FOB we had). Kurk is located in an ore rich neighboring area to us. We have begun preliminary construction of a rock tower called “Ark Tower.”

There are two immediate dangers:

1) Bears. There are a lot of bears here.

2) Pants man. There is a very hostile enemy located between us and the basically the rest of the map. His base is priority number one once we get C4. In the meantime, we need to patrol the area around his base regularly and hopefully drive him off.

There are seven priority activities:

0) Blueprints. I got large furnaces, metal picks, and metal hatchets this morning. I also set up sleepings bags at about 5 different monuments, so we can chain spawn off those so everyone can get set up near the monuments.

1) Complete castellation (upgrading everything to stone) of the Vault.

2) Construction of a cupboard box at Ark Tower.

3) Complete castellation of Kurk.

4) 2x Large Furnances down by the water (which I can build).

5) Build Ark Tower by at least a few floors.

6) Build a new FOB around where Gonzo nearly died from the bear on the way to the airfield.
lC8l - GL*FSG
lC9l - WY*COL
lC10l - GE=EMP
lC11l - 11BCPT
lC12l - AH*BRG
lC13l - CU-SGT
BF3 C1 - [WH2]
BF3 C2 - [TA]
BF3 C3 - [TA]
BF3 C4 - [TA]
BF3 C5 - [TA]
BF3 C6 - [TA]
BF4:C1 [☭] Komandir
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

I'm working on getting Bps right now. I have 3 sleeping bags with hidden stashes around all the loot towns. One stash has about 3 books which I'm hoping to turn into a library tonight. The others have about 200 frags each.

I'll continue this process tonight.
Image[/url]
CountBelasarius
Executive
Executive

Post by CountBelasarius »

So last night went pretty well.

First off, we have a new tower build between Ark Tower and the Vault. It has some pretty ingenious internal security measures, hats off to g0nzo for designing it! We spent a chunk of last night finishing that building, getting doors and locks on it and establishing tool cupboards.

Well Tea and I were out resource running to supply the tower project, we almost simultaneously noticed a new base with an active furnace just around the bay from us.

After the tower was secure, we geared up, set up a base camp and approached the base. Let me begin by saying that our greatest weapon is not C4 but shitty architects. In addition to a critical design flaw that we found later sheet metal walls were facing the wrong way and there was a wood door with a key lock on it next to a armored and code locked door. :roll:

As we were sitting around the base deciding how long to siege it, a person came running up and met g0nzo (I think) - the new person did not last long. He had been returning from a resource run and basically filled g0nzo's inventory with raw materials. :lol:

At this point, Tea, g0nzo and lambchop went up on some rocks and were able to use a two man boast to get Tea onto the roof. And then we find out the roof had a wood section... :D

So 1 C4 later(and that was our only C4), we had breached the building. Tea pretty quickly cleared the building of two enemies I think. :thumbup: One other enemy tried to make a run for it, but didn't survive and gave us the keys to the section of the house accessible from the wood door which was filled with more miscellaneous resources including sulfur. The runner also had a quarry, a bolt, and 4k sulfur ore, 6k metal ore, and ~60 HQM.

As we were leaving with this haul Tea got hit from the valley below this house by an enemy with a bolt. g0nzo engaged at extreme range and took the hostile down. :clap:

As I looted the body (full of metal armor, more resource, the bolt, ammo, semi auto pistol, and other gear), another enemy with a bolt wounded me. As the enemy approached for the kill, Tea (who had spawned at our sleeping bag and a garbed a sword from the container we left by them) took him out with a sword. :clap:

We looted all the bodies and returned home. Then we returned, found them repairing and broke into their house again... No new loot, hopefully just dissuading them from setting up shop around here. After a quick patrol we returned back to the Vault up several thousand sulfur, several sets of armor, three bolts, a quarry, thousands of metal ore and tons of other random loot.

This (and the encounter with russian base last weekend) demonstrates three good lessons learned:

1) Sleeping bags in place before a battle are key

2) Houses with shitty design can still be full of loot and are comparatively much more profitable to get into

3) In fact folks that do not have C4 yet are likely going to have large stocks of sulfur compared to groups that have C4 and are expending most of their sulfur.

While we continue to work throughout this week, plan for some big operations this weekend! I hope to see more folks hop on Rust - all are welcome.
lC8l - GL*FSG
lC9l - WY*COL
lC10l - GE=EMP
lC11l - 11BCPT
lC12l - AH*BRG
lC13l - CU-SGT
BF3 C1 - [WH2]
BF3 C2 - [TA]
BF3 C3 - [TA]
BF3 C4 - [TA]
BF3 C5 - [TA]
BF3 C6 - [TA]