[Rust] The Horde Sleeps

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] Anyone playing?

Post by haruky »

This is by far my favorite Rust video. Oh, my goodness...

phpBB [video]

After that, watch from perspective of the others:

phpBB [video]
Image[/url]
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

So our house got mini raided last night...They didn't get anything on the top levels and left some of our building supplies. I saw how they got in, so I think we can fix it. There's a spot where they built a ramp and could jump over our first 2 layers and only had to blow one door.

On a separate note, I was playing on my other server (net.connect 64.237.47.218:29115) and have my compound pretty secure. Huge house with a large fence around it. Come check it out.
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.

Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve.
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

do you guys play on an NA or EU server?
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

SeraphiM0352 wrote:do you guys play on an NA or EU server?
We've been playing on a server in California. It's really nice. Active mods, with little to no hackers.
Image[/url]
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

haruky wrote:
SeraphiM0352 wrote:do you guys play on an NA or EU server?
We've been playing on a server in California. It's really nice. Active mods, with little to no hackers.
would i have any issues playing from the EU?
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

Not really. I play fine on it and im from Europe. Sometimes a bit of lag, but everyone has that then.
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

Romeo and Skynet need to be KOS. They tried raiding our house. Hashey and I have Romeo trapped on our top floor so he'll slowly starve to death. Just be aware so you don't go up there until he's dead.

UPDATE: He's gone. Used an interesting exploit to get his stuff out. We sealed off the top level and are working to fortify the outside more.
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.

Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Sooo...

I lured a fully geared guy into our first "tears" with Cheesy... And amazing things happened.

He had full suit of Kevlar, an M4, and a P250 among other loots and items. I left our "main gate" open and hid behind the door. As soon he went through, I shut the door and let him kill me (cus I didn't want him getting into tier 2). Cheesy and I then proceeded to come up with a plan. And a plan we made. I suited up with Leather Armor and a shotgun with shells. We decided to go at him from both sides with Cheesy being the main decoy. The Kevlar guy (his name was celerysticks) shot at cheesy first and as he was shooting, I shot my shotgun twice at him and killed him.

And now, I have Kevlar researchable and still have his suit of kevlar available for you guys to research when you get on.

Yes. It was amazing. And now I'm gonna spend the next hour to try and further fortify our base from potential raiding. (He probably hates us).
Last edited by haruky on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] OUR TRAP WORKED!!

Post by haruky »

Secondly, I spent some time finishing the labrynth. Here's the image so that everyone has the passwords.

http://i.imgur.com/USfYWoI.jpg

Also, I added a door to the ramp that leads to our top floor. The password is: 2281.

The new map should make it a bit more user friendly.

Some doors do not have passwords on them, so the PWs written on here may not work. Please notify me which doors I need to fix.

We need more metal ores. So if ya'll can scavange some tomorrow, that'd be awesome since we now can craft full Kevlar armor and what not. All we're missing is the Bolt Action. Also, be warned. There are a few guys in the valley that have been trying to raid a bunch of houses. I'm not really scared of them, but they do have full Kevlar and M4s from what it looks like. I also heard some Bolt Actions as well. Lush and FlurbyBox are the primary offenders. I've attached an album of screenshots of their house, it's not very good but it'll have to do. For a reference point, their house is slightly to the left of our door that faces the Valley. I think it may be a base they temporarily took over. So we'd probably have to find their primary base somewhere.

For now, we'll refer to our "outside" doors as "Main Gate" (the one that juts out a little) and "Valley Door" the door that faces into the valley.

http://imgur.com/a/IsLjV
Image[/url]
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] OUR TRAP WORKED!! + Check OP for black/white list

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

That's amazing. Add Mr. Spy to the friendly list. He's twitchy, so he'll probably shoot first and ask questions later, but if you say you're with me he'll at least let you come get your stuff if he kills you.

Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

haruky wrote:SNIPITY SNIP
So I don't have the game but I don't know about putting passwords to doors on a public forum in a game that does have greifers. Probably be better if you give it out to us on a PM basis. Just looking out for you broski.
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

Bad news fellas. I just logged on and we have 2 massive walls missing. I'm building them back, but it looks like we got pretty well cleaned out.

Hashey

Post by Hashey »

So, anyone thought of hiring our own RUST server? Had a quick look at multiplay and we could rent one for 100 players for like $20/$25 a month. If we all chip in for whoever wants too.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Wi1D_K4rD wrote:
haruky wrote:SNIPITY SNIP
So I don't have the game but I don't know about putting passwords to doors on a public forum in a game that does have greifers. Probably be better if you give it out to us on a PM basis. Just looking out for you broski.
I usually would think the same, but I seriously doubt people will find these passwords. They'd need to do some serious digging to find this thread through google for starters, then they need to find out what server we're on, then they need to find out where our house is.

Now.. the problem would be if someone from GC decided to backstab us and raid everything. That would be a sad day...

But thanks for looking out for us! You should join us sometime if you have the game. It's a ton of fun!

Also, a small update: I think we managed to plug up most of the holes that would allow people to build ramps into our upper levels and such. We should be relatively safe from now on as they'd have to cut through our bottom floors to get anywhere.

I also have new design ideas for when the server gets reset. (Supposedly this coming Sunday from what I've heard). Personally, I love our current location. It's close to Big Rad and Small Rad along with all the resources. The downside is that there are just too many people. If we make our base super difficult to raid, it should be alright, but we do end up being on a constant look-out.

Our other option, once servers wipe, is to find a new location. I think Resource Valley would be pretty nice. It doesn't have nearly as much resources as Next Valley, but it does have red animals we can farm for loot.

Regarding the new design, Let's make it so that even our bottom floor is a 4x4, or even a 5x5 if possible. Having a 5x5 center base means we'd need a 7x7 or 8x8 foundation (to make sure people can't build ramps to the upper floors and to make "buffer zones"). This means we need a TON of resources... I am going to work on creating the design so that you guys get a good sense of what I'm envisioning.

If it gets wiped on Sunday, it'd be AWESOME if our entire group can get on. Imagine what our 8-10 person group could do in a few hours.

The current list of players are:

Haruky
Hashey
Henidhor
Hitman
BigDCowboys
Duke
Cheesy
LordGonzo?
Undisparo
Fields?

Would love your guys' thoughts on this!
Image[/url]
CountBelasarius
Executive
Executive

Post by CountBelasarius »

I'm really looking forward to the server wipe! With a solid crew of people online at the start, we can certainly create quite the power base right away.

I really second Haruky's recommendation of the game. It's actually one of the best team-play based multiplayer games I've played lately. You need a good team, who can communicate, who can move together, who can specialize in different tasks, to really be successful. The game doesn't "level," so only playing occasionally won't hurt, especially since we share resources with anyone from GC who joins us. If you're willing to work together and pitch in, we'll happily teach you the game, give you gear and have some fun.

Also this is only the early access, so I can't wait to see what it looks like done.

I think if we can get a few more GCers online we could be a real superpower. Most of the largest other groups seems to be 3-5 people, I don't think I've seen more than a five person raiding party. With 10-15 GCers, we would be KINGS!

Haruky
Hashey
Henidhor
Hitman
BigDCowboys
Duke
Cheesy
LordGonzo?
Undisparo
Fields?
Sirslicey
Gardalop