[Rust] The Horde Sleeps

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] Potential server wipe 2/23. Sign up for mass team

Post by haruky »

I've updated the thread title to get a sense of who may be there.

I'll be on for most of Sunday as I don't have plans at all. I'm thinking we should all try to get on around SBT +1 and really get our house going as fast as possible. The quicker we get our game together, the better off we will be. I'm not sure what time on Sunday it will wipe, but it'd be optimal to get on as soon as it does get wiped.

Anyway, please sign up if you plan on playing so we can get a sense of who will be there!

Also, I'm a big fan of this mechanic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO-3kvA1AVs
It'd require people to destroy a door, and then build a new one just to get up to the 2nd story. Can we implement this? What do you guys think?

1. haruky
Image[/url]
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Re: [Rust] Potential server wipe 2/23. Sign up for mass team

Post by Cheesy »

I probably won't be able to get on until Sunday night, like SBT+8ish :/ Will try to get on sooner though! Any word on what time the wipe is happening?
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] New patch incoming! Items now have durability sta

Post by haruky »

I've concluded that my only purpose for the rest of the game until the server resets is to raid the hell out of this guy:

Cas3y Anthony
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... ?l=english

Here is his friendlist: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... 4/friends/

I can see his small list of friends that play with him and I plan to find a time where he's offline and then I will raid his base before the server resets. I will use all the C4 that we have left and make his life as miserable as possible. probably will board up the house with walls and anything I can grief him with.

He'll probably be offline in the early morning which should be evening/afternoon for Europeans. If any of you want to get on, please do. I'd love the help.
Image[/url]
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] RAID SUCCESS!!!!

Post by InsanityRocks »

may i make a small suggestion: Keep updating this thread with your adventures!

I don't have the game but I absolutely LOVE the commentary here. It's like an adventure story. :clap:

Here's hoping you kick a lot of ass before the server wipe. :thumbup:
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

insanityrocks wrote:may i make a small suggestion: Keep updating this thread with your adventures!

I don't have the game but I absolutely LOVE the commentary here. It's like an adventure story. :clap:

Here's hoping you kick a lot of ass before the server wipe. :thumbup:
You should join us, Insanity! It's so much fun and we could always use more manpower.

Anyway...

We've completed the raid and here's the rundown.

So, I continued to check Cas3yanthony's friendlist throughout the night. It was about 11 PM and I decided they weren't going to leave anytime soon. So I went to bed, set the clock for 5:30 AM, and slept sound as a baby. But before I did that, I messaged Hashey on Steam to get online at 5:30 AM PST so we can raid.

5:30 AM alarm wakes me up.

I get up. Slumber to the computer, and I see Hashey on. Cas3y Anthony and crew are not in game. The raid begins.

We suit up, Kevlar, M4s, and Shotguns. We grab a bunch of wooden planks so that we could use it to eventually board up their base and make it unuseable.

The first step, scouting. We looked through the wooden walls to try and see where they were hidden. Eventually, we decided that their big tower was where they were most likely to be staying. We planted our precious C4 on the metal door.

tick tick tick tick. Boom.

The door was open and we were free to scavenge. We found a few sleeping bags, which we promptly destroyed. We also found the body of one of the sleepers. I'm not sure who it was, but I destroyed him with my shotgun. Then.. the crates. They had 3 crates full of goodies.

Everything from gunpowder to weapons to kevlar. Hashey even found 5 C4 charges. We made out with so much that we had to go back twice to fit it all. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find the sleeper of Cas3y Anthony as the guy we killed did not have the Bolt Action with scope on it. (He carries this particular gun)

After our transportation of goodies, Operation Grief the Bastard began. I boarded the entrance to his tower and even built a ceiling there. No more tower sniping for him anymore. I also made ceilings and walls so that he wouldnt' be able to access the tower anymore nor get to his top floor. We even destroyed all his crates.

Eventually, we found another door on the bottom floor that had 3 large crates. They were empty, but hashey and I decied to do something w/ it. We replaced that door with our own, and unlocked it. They won't realize that it isn't even their door until they try to change the password. This means that we can freely enter and leave anytime we want now.

Also, regarding the other entrances, he has no way to get into his house anymore b/c we boarded up with OUR own doors. AND he lost all the C4 he had. So, ultimately, he isn't getting back into his house nor is he getting out of it unless he goes through the "Unlocked" door.

All in all, that was the most satisfying video game experience I've had in a long time. This Cas3y Anthony had been a major pain in the neck and we took our full vengence on the bastard.

For those who live in our house, feel free to organize all of our loot. It's a mess right now and I think Hashey is doing what he can to organize it. I've got to head off to work but I'll be back in the evening.

My dream of doing this before the server wipe is fulfilled. I am a happy man.

PS - As much as I wanna rub it in their face that we raided them, it'd be smart not to. I don't want them holding a blood grudge and having to deal with them later down the road. So, let's not taunt them. Let's continue to be the silent predator, striking when they're vulnerable...
Image[/url]
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

Glorious read :clap:
What did this casey do to deserve this though? :lol:
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

Basically he's being a dick. And we're somewhat the sheriffs of the area that we're in.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Hashey wrote:Basically he's being a dick. And we're somewhat the sheriffs of the area that we're in.
yeah. Hashey hit the nail on the head. That group was killing EVERYONE they could see. It's fair to do that when you're on the road and come across strangers, but they did it within the confines of their tall tower with a sniper rifle. It's annoying. So we raided it, griefed their base, and that's that.

As a wise man once said... "THIS IS WHY YOU DONT frak A STRANGER UP THE ASS."
Image[/url]
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

I'm torn. I'm extremely excited and almost giggly to read this, and at the same time utterly depressed I couldn't be a part of the fun. Oh well. At least he and his friends got what they deserved. Now we need to go hit his secondary hideout.

Oh and damn you for wasting another one of my weekends with this fantastic game, but sign me up for Sunday.
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.

Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve.
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

:clap:
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] Server Wipe?

Post by haruky »

So, guys. with the server wipe on the horizon, we need to start thinking about what to do.

Do we want to stay in Next Valley? It's close to Big Rad, Small Rad, and a TON of resources.
Or do we move?

Last night, Duke and I spent some time scouting the map (not in-game). We looked at Coastal Resource as location as it's close to Big Rad and Factory Rad. And the heat traffic there don't seem to be heavy. We'd need to see it in game to see if it's resourceful, big enough, and safe enough.

If anyone has any other ideas, feel free to chirp in.

Personally, I wouldn't mind staying in Next Valley. With our group this large, we could build a base that would be too much of a pain for anyone to really make it worth going through.

Thoughts?
Image[/url]
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] Server Wipe and Future plans.

Post by Henidhor »

So instead of building another giant 9x9x9 clusterfuck cube base with a bazillion pillars around it, I have an idea that I think would be safer and use a lot less wood.

If we could find a location which only has room for 4 or so foundations, we could build a giant tower only accessible by climbing up the internal stairs. Because there would be no room to place foundations next to it (because they're blocked by rocks or something), it would be impossible to build staircases next to the tower to directly raid the higher levels. If we made the tower twenty or so stories high with a metal door on each level, it would require a ridiculous amount of C4 to raid.

Even if we had a 3x3 foundation we could still build an unscalable 2x2 tower by placing it on the center of the foundation.

It wouldn't even need to be 20 stories if we alternated the staircases at opposite corners of the base. That way a raider would have to go through two metal doors a story.

The hardest part of this plan would be finding such a location, but I think it's doable. I have a place in mind that might work overlooking Silk Valley, although the foundations would have to be placed very carefully. There are also a lot of mountain tops with limited space and the design doesn't need to be exactly 4x4.

Another (dis?)advantage of this design is that it would be one of the taller buildings on the server (especially if we built it on a mountain) and therefore easy to find.

It certainly would take longer to get to the living area at the top of the tower than the cube model, but I think the savings and defense of the design are worth it.

By my calculations, this would take 73 planks/level + 32 for the foundation. Which is a fraction of what our current base costs.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] Server Wipe @Sunday SBT+8.

Post by haruky »

Wipe on our server is confirmed to be at Sunday @ SBT +8. Fortunately for us, this wipe is only a map wipe, meaning only things in our crates and map will go away. SO, if we keep our characters alive and learn a bunch of blue prints, we keep all of that...

Guys, we need to coordinate something where we make sure all of our crates are empty and that we start off with a ton of foundation, metal fragments, and wood. Basically, everything and anything that'll help us get a huge headstart over the people in the server.

I'd like to get as many players online as possible at around SBT +4 or 5. We'll assign each player with a certain set of loot so that not one person is carrying everything. We need to spread out the risk. We'll all be carrying weapons, preferably concealed minus a few players who will open carry (body guards) while the rest of us act like Nakeds. Once the migration happens, we'll build a temporary fortress that will be defendable and keep some outposts so that we can ward off any potential raiders during our great migration.

We need as much manpower as possible tomorrow. Will you join us?
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Rust] Server Wipe @Sunday SBT+8. Mass Migration @SBT+6!

Post by haruky »

Small, non-relevant update.

http://i.imgur.com/tMJ8MOy.jpg

This is planned to be the full map of Rust. The map that we know today is on the bottom left. (You can see the road that we are probably all familiar with)

So, basically, this map is going to be gigantic.
Image[/url]
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Re: [Rust] Server Wipe @Sunday SBT+8. Mass Migration @SBT+6!

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Duke made me buy this. Where do I go to join the Lord of the Flies fun?
ImageImageImage