[Titanfall] Closed Beta Signups

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Titanfall] Closed Beta Signups

Post by zorplex »

Just started downloading! Woo!

If you mistakenly got an Xbox code, you can try this: http://help.ea.com/en/article/titanfall ... orkaround/

Hope to see some of you on this weekend!
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

also got a beta code, downloading now. looking forward to trying it out with you guys
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

zorplex wrote:Just started downloading! Woo!

If you mistakenly got an Xbox code, you can try this: http://help.ea.com/en/article/titanfall ... orkaround/

Hope to see some of you on this weekend!
Confirmed; they'll tag your account as having access and you'll be able to download through origin after they fix it.
Undisparo

Post by Undisparo »

ALLRIGHTY. Just played a bunch of rounds in the Beta. I had a fraking blast I can tell you that.... holy crap its chaotic, but you still feel in control. First impressions are that it is pretty fun/crazy. I thought having AI characters would be kind of stupid, but it is actually kind of fun to just rape them. They are horrible lol. I guess we will wait and see what else they bring to the table with maps and game mods and what not. The maps seem pretty small right now... A couple weird frame rate issues popped up, but that might just be my PC I don't know. It ran smooth for the most part. The smart pistol is interesting, but you will lose every battle you go up against a "real" player. You can take out AI pretty easy with it... The Titans are a lot of fun, but I wish you could jump with them. Maybe its for the better if you can't, too OP, I don't know. Gotta play some more.
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

What's nice about the AI is they don't try to mask them as real players; you get less points for killing them, they take less shots to kill, the game sends them out in waves and they're easy to spot being stupid and standing around. What's nice about them is they give you something to shoot at when other players are in titans, and they certainly fill out the game a bit more.

It's kind of this weird hybrid game; there's no singleplayer mode where you exclusively fight bots and no multiplayer mode where you exclusively fight enemy players. You're always doing both. I'm curious to see how the whole online campaign multiplayer will actually work out with the full release. Part of me is very excited to see something a bit new but the other part just wants both massive multiplayer fps battles AND an interesting singleplayer campaign vs bots. Hey, at least it's not a modern military FPS, although most of you would dislike that seeing as how we all play battlefield. :X
waxass366

Post by waxass366 »

Everybody is either having sex or playing Titanfall and I'm just sitting here like Image
RlVDSyBUSEUgU1lTVEVNISBBTkFSQ0hZISEgVElUUw==
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

I played a few rounds. Now I should say at first I didn't care about this game like at all only reason I signed up for the beta was cause I could and I always sign up for betas just for the hell of it. Having played it it I have to say... I frakking had a blast playing. I love the look, the feel of the game(both in and out of titans), and just the overall concept is cool to me with the mix of players(pilots) and AI(grunts).

Now the only problem I have now is the matchmaking... I alt tabbed while waiting for the next round to start and was searching the interwebz when my pc crashed (Not due to TItanfall It's another problem I've been too lazy to pinpoint). I restart my PC and jump back into Titanfall ready to have some fun again and... can't find a server at all now. Just sits in matchmaking with no servers found forever... Hopefully, it gets better later.

So in conclusion. Awesome game potentially ruined by matchmaking if I continue have this no servers found problem.

EDIT: ACtually I have noticed since restarting I don't get the option I had initially of being able to choose the gametype before it goes into matchmaking. I only have the choice to hit play which I think may be the problem...
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

All these people in the beta, and none of you are on Teamspeak! I need people to play with!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

zorplex wrote:All these people in the beta, and none of you are on Teamspeak! I need people to play with!
If I could get in game, I'd jump on TS but I can't get in game anymore so... Also I don't see anywhere on how to join someone. Something I assume is just either me just not seeing it or it just not being in the beta which is lame on its own.
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

Ah, so apparently the game uses Microsoft's Azure cloud for its dedicated servers. According to dev Twitter feeds, there is a bug keeping Azure from allocating more servers. So for now, they've run out of server space. They are trying to get it fixed at the moment.

As for playing with friends, once you click "Play" it will drop you into a private lobby to which you can invite friends.
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

zorplex wrote:Ah, so apparently the game uses Microsoft's Azure cloud for its dedicated servers. According to dev Twitter feeds, there is a bug keeping Azure from allocating more servers. So for now, they've run out of server space. They are trying to get it fixed at the moment.

As for playing with friends, once you click "Play" it will drop you into a private lobby to which you can invite friends.
Ok cool so it was just me not seeing it due to them not having enough server space for me to even get to the lobby screen :P. I'll try it again later tonight. Hopefully it will be fixed by then and I can get back in :D.
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

You can definitely tell that these are the devs who made CoD4. This is a FUN shooter. At least try it before judging it.
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

I Haz game!
Downloading as we speak at the amazing speed of 1MB/sec (Im probably leaving my whole block without internet)
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

ATTENTION: FREE ACCESS TO THE BETA

If you want to try the beta (coughdemocough) just try asking via Origin chat support. It seems support is granting access to anyone who asks as many on the subreddit are gaining access by simply asking. No guarantee it will work, but I haven't heard anyone get turned down yet.

EDIT: Friend of a friend tried and they immediately terminated the chat session. YMMV
Last edited by zorplex on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

...downloading now... soon, very soon... :evil: