[Titanfall]

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

YouSawNothing

[Titanfall]

Post by YouSawNothing »

So who else is super excited this is finally releasing
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Titanfall]

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

I was... until I got on and was unable to get past the menu on any data center... Glad they did a beta stress test so they could avoid this... Oh wait it was literally just a demo cause they clearly didn't get anything out of it....
Róka

Post by Róka »

It's already back up, has been for 20 minutes. You might have to spam the Connect/Log-In/Play button.
I'll be on too YouSawNothing.
ImageImage
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Róka wrote:It's already back up, has been for 20 minutes. You might have to spam the Connect/Log-In/Play button.
I'll be on too YouSawNothing.
Had tried that multiple multiple times. Ended up giving up and going to bed 5 minutes after you posted that. Woke up this morning to see if I couldn't get in before class. Have been able to get "connected" but then I just sit on a loading screen indefinitely... It's like this game insists on not letting me play.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

I've learned not to bother with attempting "Always Online" or Multiplayer-centered games until at least a week after release. It seems no game can handle the "initial load" of their launch.
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

Gwynzer wrote:no game can handle the "initial load" of their launch.
Except probably not Elder Scrolls Online, cause so few people are gonna play it, haha... im gonna be so lonely
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

How can ESO be real if the servers aren't real?
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Gwynzer wrote:I've learned not to bother with attempting "Always Online" or Multiplayer-centered games until at least a week after release. It seems no game can handle the "initial load" of their launch.
Thing is it's not a connection issue anymore. I can get past the connecting/initializing part no problem. Then I get to the loading screen for the lobby menu (cause everyone knows you need loading screens for menus...) and it just sits there forever. I let it go for 45 minutes this morning. It's like I bought Titanfall: Screensaver Edition.
Róka

Post by Róka »

I've been playing all day since 11:35 pm CST last night :?
I even streamed this afternoon.
I believe if you get a loading screen in the lobby menu then you're already searching for a game so maybe that's taking you a while. Otherwise I have no idea. Can you be more specific which part is stuck and also which server/"Data Center" you are connecting to)?
ImageImage
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Doesn't matter which Data Center I try I've tried all of them in the US and even a few overseas ones.

It always attempts connection initializes and goes to a loading screen and just sits there indefinitely. Literally let it sit for 45 minutes before just ctrl alt del to shut it down. Never even see the actual lobby that says Play Campaign or Play Classic etc. Task Manager says its still responding and everything it just refuses to load into the lobby menu.

I've tried repairing the install to no avail. I'm currently attempting a full reinstall on my main drive. Had it on a secondary drive where I have all my other games previously. If this doesn't work, I'm probably just gonna give up and see if I can get my money back. I understand it's working for everyone it seems. All my other friends with the game are having no issues. It just literally refuses to work for me which is very very unfortunate cause I had a blast in the beta.

EDIT: Turns out my university was blocking the connection... I guess it was a connection issue all along...
Róka

Post by Róka »

Wi1D_K4rD wrote:Doesn't matter which Data Center I try I've tried all of them in the US and even a few overseas ones.

It always attempts connection initializes and goes to a loading screen and just sits there indefinitely. Literally let it sit for 45 minutes before just ctrl alt del to shut it down. Never even see the actual lobby that says Play Campaign or Play Classic etc. Task Manager says its still responding and everything it just refuses to load into the lobby menu.

I've tried repairing the install to no avail. I'm currently attempting a full reinstall on my main drive. Had it on a secondary drive where I have all my other games previously. If this doesn't work, I'm probably just gonna give up and see if I can get my money back. I understand it's working for everyone it seems. All my other friends with the game are having no issues. It just literally refuses to work for me which is very very unfortunate cause I had a blast in the beta.

EDIT: Turns out my university was blocking the connection... I guess it was a connection issue all along...
Can't wait to see you hopping in your titan then :D
ImageImage
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

Downloading now... :thumbup:
YouSawNothing

Post by YouSawNothing »

insanityrocks wrote:Downloading now... :thumbup:
Well a giant robot high five to you sir
Sebok

Post by Sebok »

Pilots, add me to your friend list. My Origin name is Sebok22. :wave:
"We're all soldiers now."
madlulz

Post by madlulz »

Got this today when I upgraded to BF4 premium cause I figured if I'm spending money...

It's fun. Not very many unlocks, that's a big let down. I don't know how much staying power it will have, but I'm enjoying it a lot.