RO2/RS Sundays

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: RO2/RS Day on 5.04.14

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

The more the merrier! We might get to enough to take over an entire team and really let the teamwork aspect of this game shine.

I just got done playing a bit myself. Got accused of being a hacker after going 70+ kills over 2 rounds on a map. A ton of Team points due to always fighting from the point and being SL so my squad mates were spawning on me to get on the point quicker. It was pretty loltastic. Unfortunately at the end I got kicked for excessive team-damage due to a teammate standing up just as I went to shoot an enemy in front of us. Which is lame as I had only accidentally TK'd 2 people and the server had a 6 limit...
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Wi1D_K4rD wrote:The more the merrier! We might get to enough to take over an entire team and really let the teamwork aspect of this game shine.

I just got done playing a bit myself. Got accused of being a hacker after going 70+ kills over 2 rounds on a map. A ton of Team points due to always fighting from the point and being SL so my squad mates were spawning on me to get on the point quicker. It was pretty loltastic. Unfortunately at the end I got kicked for excessive team-damage due to a teammate standing up just as I went to shoot an enemy in front of us. Which is lame as I had only accidentally TK'd 2 people and the server had a 6 limit...
Cool.

I only had one really awesome game (since I kinda suck) but I was playing US in... Iwo Jima? Ended with 40 kills and 2-3 deaths, it was epic shooting down enemies as they came down the hills/bunkers.

:D
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Just a quick bump to remind everyone I plan on having this this coming Sunday.

Officially, I have it starting at SBT but I'll likely be playing before that. We'll just find a server that has enough room for all of us and try to get as many of us on the same side as possible.

Hope to see all of you there!
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

crap, I am gonna miss it. I forgot that I will be on a trip this weekend :(
So saad!
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

undrt0w wrote:crap, I am gonna miss it. I forgot that I will be on a trip this weekend :(
So saad!
NOOOOOOO! I guess this just means we'll have to do it again once you aren't on a trip :D .
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: RO2/RS Sundays at SBT

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Thanks to everyone who showed up today. I hope most of you had fun. I plan on doing this again next week for those who couldn't make it due to life stuff. And probably every Sunday for the foreseeable future. All that's left is to convince the world to get RO2 so we can do an organized campaign. :p
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

One more next Sunday!?!? Oh, I am in! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Battallion, battallion, this is platoon commander. Requesting artillery support in sector...
One of my favorites things to do.

Gonna try to show up this sunday :D

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

I'll be personally on around SBT - 2 until SBT + 2 this Sunday. I'd be on longer but I need to study for my finals I have the next day so I can only justify roughly 4 hours in the morning.

I plan on trying to make this a fairly regular thing since it is quite fun getting a good group of us together in RO2.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Re: RO2/RS Sundays

Post by matsif »

pending a few things (work and other real life stuff) that may or may not pop up I generally play from like SBT-2 to SBT+2 (planetside 2) on sundays and a bit friday nights pending how late I work on friday or if I have to work saturday.

wish I had more time to play, really enjoying a game where in public play people actually play as a team more often than not.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

matsif wrote:wish I had more time to play, really enjoying a game where in public play people actually play as a team more often than not.
Very much the reason I enjoy playing so much. Many times in BF I end up feeling like I'm the only one on the team who has any clue what it means to fight as a team. With Red Orchestra almost always hear someone over comms trying to coordinate our team with people more or less actually listening.
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

I feel kinda bad I am not able to join these lovely gatherings but unfortunately my weekends have been occupied including the two following :( hope you guys still play when I come back
Welcome Committee Member

Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

No worries undrtow. I intend to keep it going, though I won't be there myself today due to my only internet being my phone at the moment. So far I think it's been a fairly decent success. Both times we've had I'd say at least 8 people in channel if not more.

I keep my fingers crossed that if we keep this up, gather some more interest, we might convince the powers that be to set up a possible campaign using RO2/RS. Probably would require some extra targeted recruiting though.