Cyberpunk 2077

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

matsif
Executive
Executive

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by matsif »

http://cyberpunk.net/

Game based off of the old pen and paper RPG Cyberpunk. Not a whole lot of info yet, but made by CD Projekt Red, the devs from Witcher 1 and 2. Trailers and stuff look pretty neat. Game isn't going to be ready until probably end of 2015 from what I'm seeing.

Here's an unofficial high level list of what they want to do:
Story
-You’ll be able to create a character from the ground up and then experience Night City as a totally open world setting.
-It will be a rise-to-power story about "someone who rises from a filthy gutter to stand against a hostile world."
-Game will be a story-driven experience set in an open world environment, which will be driven throughout by player choice.
-It will be non-linear.
-Story will mainly focus on contemporary issues, and the world we will present is a kind of filter for those things.

Gameplay
-Advanced RPG mechanics based on PnP RPG system upgraded to the 2077 setting.
-Huge arsenal of weapons, upgrades, implants and cool high-tech gadgets.
-Takes place in a Sandbox environment in Night City.
-A whole system of cyber-implants will be implemented, allowing you to modify your limbs.
-Similar arm implants (that was scene in the Teaser Trailer) will be present in the game.
-Cyber-psychos will also be present.
-Aerial vehicles, the psychosquad, and the weapons seen in the Teaser Trailer are as well present in the game.

Representation
-The city is being designed so it doesn’t look like a purely futuristic metropolis. Older elements of buildings will be mixed in with more modern structures to make it look like the city was built in layers to create a more realistic, Blade Runner-esque style.
-Significant amount of detail built into the weapons, similarly to the ones used in the Teaser Trailer.
-CDPR draws inspiration from several games, e.g. System Shock, Fallout 2 and more.
-Both the city and game world will be vast, and not feel restricted.
-You play in Night City, but not exactly the same area as in Cyberpunk 2020. It has been moved a little closer to the coast. Reasons being of the nuke detonation in the city.
-You will still visit memorable places in Night City, e.g. Afterlife.
-The corporations from Cyberpunk 2020 will remain present – Arasaka, Dynalar, KiroshI, etc.
-CDPR game engine--REDengine--will have some changes. The physics and ballistics of the game will be changed to add new character movements and guns.
-The woman seen in the trailer might be in the game.

Developer Promises
-CDPR are trying to let the player print your character sheet from the PnP game.
-They are trying to make the game to be as close to the original PnP RPG as possible. There will be changes in the balance of classes and how particular skills work.
I've never played the Witcher series so I don't know what to expect from the devs, but I like the setting and idea. Really hasn't been anything that touched on cyberpunk genre outside of Deus Ex. Game supposedly will have single and multiplayer as well (witcher 3 which is due this year apparently will also have multiplayer, so I'd assume something similar).
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Róka

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Róka »

Cyberpunk 2077.jpg
ImageImage
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

here's the teaser trailer

phpBB [video]
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

Sounds a bit like Shadowrun Returns which is still on sale for 9 more hours.
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

The trailer makes me want to play it. What kind of gameplay are we talking about? Third person GTA like exploration with many different storyline choices?
the end is really fµcking nigh
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Tea-Assault wrote:The trailer makes me want to play it. What kind of gameplay are we talking about? Third person GTA like exploration with many different storyline choices?
devs haven't said POV for certain, and it's possibly still up in the air. Being a game with guns I would hope for FPS gameplay (as TPS I've never been a huge fan of other than a few cases), but being an RPG I want 3rd person to see my character and customization options.

Gathering info leads me to believe gameplay-wise it's going to be a class based open world RPG. So not quite a Skyrim or Fallout 3 or GTA, as you will probably be class limited (and thus ability limited). My guess is it ends up closer to a Mass Effect as far as the class limitations, but due to the open world quotes it will still have a Skyrim or GTA style feel to it I would hope . Not knowing the limitations of Dark Souls/DS2, it may be similar to those.

The lore surrounding the location (Night City) is pretty cool, so I would expect a lot of depth to the city and surrounding industrial areas and such. I just hope they don't pull a witcher series on us and force us into 1 character, I want a good character creation system.
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

Just seen another bit of information, I don't know whether this confirms anything but if gameplay ends up being at least as good as Fallout 3 I'm going to have kittens http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2077
Also I hope the graphics and open-ness is as good as fallout 3 (if not better) 8)
EDIT: I hope they use the same engine they used for this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ_G6XiHoUA
the end is really fµcking nigh
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

with the recent leak about witcher 3, hopefully CDPR will start opening some gates about this to try to shift focus (apparently they are getting pretty beat up about it) and get some more info out there. There really hasn't been any updates at all to this since they released that teaser trailer.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

to bump up an old post for those who were interested:

in a recent interview with venturebeat.com, CDPR basically said that CP2077 is the "fight club" of games in that they aren't talking about it, with CDPR's marketing manager saying to interview him in another year.

in clarification, on the game's forum, basically they aren't discussing any details about the game until after all the DLC is released for witcher 3. Witcher 3 releases at the end of February, so basically we can expect some actual details around E3 next year, and gaining more info from there.

Basically the trailer was a "recruitment trailer" to get interest buzzing to hire artists, coders, etc for a core CP2077 team that is separate from the main REDEngine team and the core Witcher team. Now the game's a secret project of sorts, with a core dev team of around 60 people and growing.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Dat trailer... looks flippin amazing!!
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Calloutman wrote:Dat trailer... looks flippin amazing!!
considering it's a year old and made by 1 person via 1 piece of concept art...indeed.