Battlefield:Hardline Beta OPEN!

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Battlefield:Hardline Beta OPEN!

Post by Bock »

Tea-Assault wrote:Image

Shouldn't he be putting that lube all over his fist, not just a single finger?
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
Róka

Post by Róka »

The "game" itself is very fun. Some of us grouped and played together and we had a blast... It's just frustrating that they're asking for $70 and a whole new Premium for it...
ImageImage
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Fields wrote:
Sarantini wrote:The new tom clancy rainbow six gameplay looked pretty nice if we are talking about the cops and robbers genre.
Yeah, I don't pretend to know anything about this series, but why is Tom Clancy's name still on it even after he died last year? Was he ever involved with these games at all? Could somebody enlighten me?
Tom Clancy basically created the Rainbow Six name. It started off as books which the games were based on in the beginning. Rainbow Six games have been around for nearly 2 decades now.

Anything "Rainbow Six" will undoubtedly continue to have the Tom Clancy name to it.
Image[/url]
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

played 2 rounds, was fun.

Only thing is: I cannot use my w-key to drive vehicles forward, something is bugged :roll:
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Róka wrote:The "game" itself is very fun. Some of us grouped and played together and we had a blast... It's just frustrating that they're asking for $70 and a whole new Premium for it...
~€35 on various cd-key websites.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Róka wrote:It's just frustrating that they're asking for $70 and a whole new Premium for it...
The amount of content that you'd get with this game would have been considered a mod for Arma/RO2/BF42/BF2/BF2142/CS/any other FPS game. To charge double price for everything again is just EA fondling themselves over dollar signs.

Play the beta as you will. Just don't buy this farce. EA won't learn otherwise.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Hypol33t

Post by Hypol33t »

So now that i have played around 3 hours my first real impression on Hardline:

I still dont like the theme, vehicle bugs still persume BUT the game feels like bf4 should have been like from the beginning.

All in all, hardline should have been a DLC that should have been free of charge as compensation for the disaster that bf4 was and STILL is.

A lot of shoulds, enough for me to not buy this game full price, not even with a 35 € price-tag.
BF4 C3
BF4 C4
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

matsif wrote:
Róka wrote:It's just frustrating that they're asking for $70 and a whole new Premium for it...
The amount of content that you'd get with this game would have been considered a mod for Arma/RO2/BF42/BF2/BF2142/CS/any other FPS game. To charge double price for everything again is just EA fondling themselves over dollar signs.

The only way to win is to not play. I have no plans to buy any major publisher release at launch since they always turn out to be terrible. There are a few exceptions from publishers and publishers that I trust (Rockstar, Naughty Dog...) but I do my best to not purchase any EA, Activision, or Ubisoft games right at launch.
Image[/url]
ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZombieToof »

haruky wrote:
matsif wrote:

The only way to win is to not play. I have no plans to buy any major publisher release at launch since they always turn out to be terrible. There are a few exceptions from publishers and publishers that I trust (Rockstar, Naughty Dog...) but I do my best to not purchase any EA, Activision, or Ubisoft games right at launch.
There is no reason to preorder it or buy it in the fist days after launch. Unless you have friends that will buy it and you want to play it with them instead of sitting out.

On the other hand the beta started 5 month before release so they can tweak based on the community experience for month. And they let comp players and youtubers test it beforehand and tweaked game play based on their feedback between tests. So there is hope that it will be a good game.

And last but not least we have lot's of time to test the demo beta in the next month to see if you like it. Don't like -> don't buy. Simple.

All in all I expect the game play to be much better than BF4 and am pleased by the change of attitude in the last month.
…I'm made of mountains, made of metal, made of whiskey, and waves! You won't believe your own breath, when the bold words finally escape your mouth. Keep your secrets hidden, till we're certain of just what we've found. Yeah, they bleed just like us, but our calling is what shapes us now. We won't be held back, won't be tied up, we won't be pinned down. Not now. Astronautalis: "Dimitri Mendeleev"
Nix

Post by Nix »

EA gave my Alt. account a Beta.

Going to give this thing a try.
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

>Gets account with beta
>Downloads for 5 hours (South America baby!)
>5 mins after download is done (at 5am), MAINTENANCE for 1 hour!
>Has to download another 5gb, another 4 hours or so.
>Plays a few rounds
>Huge storm fks internet connection

:thumbdown:

It was fun while it lasted tho.

At least this is a beta and not a demo, with quite some time to make needed changes.

Like removing laser beams coming out of guns, WHY IS THIS EVEN IN A BF GAME AGAIN?

WHY.
Nix

Post by Nix »

LMG does nothing to vehicles, heatseekers OHK.

Feck this game. I'm done.
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

ZombieToof wrote:There is no reason to preorder it or buy it in the fist days after launch. Unless you have friends that will buy it and you want to play it with them instead of sitting out.

On the other hand the beta started 5 month before release so they can tweak based on the community experience for month. And they let comp players and youtubers test it beforehand and tweaked game play based on their feedback between tests. So there is hope that it will be a good game.

And last but not least we have lot's of time to test the demo beta in the next month to see if you like it. Don't like -> don't buy. Simple.

All in all I expect the game play to be much better than BF4 and am pleased by the change of attitude in the last month.
Your enthusiasm and positivity is refreshing, but all I can think about is how perfectly this mimics the BF4 beta preview. We all played it for a few days and heralded it as everything that BF3 should have been. Then, they released a game that was several steps backwards from their polished little demo that we had all played weeks before. It's almost like their beta is a sales pitch for the game that basically misrepresents what the final product really is.
Róka

Post by Róka »

Fields wrote:Your enthusiasm and positivity is refreshing, but all I can think about is how perfectly this mimics the BF4 beta preview. We all played it for a few days and heralded it as everything that BF3 should have been. Then, they released a game that was several steps backwards from their polished little demo that we had all played weeks before. It's almost liketheir beta is a sales pitch for the game that basically misrepresents what the final product really is.
*Fixed.
ImageImage
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

The spin doctors are paid well for a reason.

My main complaint of BF3 and BF4 is they ran "betas" on the most marketable build of the game. While we were playing beta, they were working on a different build of the game. So the beta was a marketing tool for pre-orders and had from my before and after perception little to do with making the game fun.