Star Wars: Battlefront

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

matsif
Executive
Executive

Star Wars: Battlefront

Post by matsif »

phpBB [video]

Trailer left a lot to be desired for me, considering how hesitant I am for anything being made with the frostborked engine. Basically said "hey guiz remember we makes star warz game guiz preorder to fund our field trips guiz."

That said, heads will roll at EA if they screw up a Star Wars game again after the generally negative reception of SWTOR.

Also a bit confused they didn't have more to show, considering it is DICE's major focus right now since Naval Strike released in April and was in development previously.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Alphawars: Bugfront will be an amazing success
ImageImageImage
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

I'm seeing a lot of random CGI video and 0 gameplay footage. What is this supposed to be?
Róka

Post by Róka »

Fields wrote:I'm seeing a lot of random CGI video and 0 gameplay footage. What is this supposed to be?
But the designer was grinning and sliding her mouse! It must be good!
ImageImage
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

I will be buy it because i am addicted to SW. No choice here.... :wink:
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Jokerle wrote:I will be buy it because i am addicted to SW. No choice here.... :wink:
I'll most likely end up getting it as well for similar reasons, but it doesn't change the fact that anything made in frostborked has me hesitant.
Fields wrote:I'm seeing a lot of random CGI video and 0 gameplay footage. What is this supposed to be?
That's why I wrote my last sentence in the OP. It's a bit concerning to me that this is all they had to show, considering they announced it at E3 last year and have had it as their prime focus since April at least. With release quoted as Q2/Q3 2015, there seems to not be a lot of work done so far, which isn't exactly making me feel good about the game as far as keeping to the feels of the original Battlefront games. The most disappointing thing that could happen here is the game just becomes a reskin of BF4 into star wars themes.
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

matsif wrote:
That said, heads will roll at EA if they screw up a Star Wars game again after the generally negative reception of SWTOR.
I dont know man, I didnt think TOR was too bad
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

matsif wrote:The most disappointing thing that could happen here is the game just becomes a reskin of BF4 into star wars themes.
Oh, you're John Titor.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

matsif wrote:That said, heads will roll at EA if they screw up a Star Wars game again after the generally negative reception of SWTOR.
The only problem with TOR was that it was a essentially a single player game with MMO elements shoehorned in. Other than that I thought it was pretty good once I got over how much I dislike MMO cooldown and hotkey gameplay.
matsif wrote:The most disappointing thing that could happen here is the game just becomes a reskin of BF4 into star wars themes.
I seem to be the minority that always was for the most part satisfied with BF4. Still enjoy it more as a BF game than I ever did BF3 don't care what anyone else says. So if it is just a reskinned BF4... I probably wouldn't be that disappointed. Maybe a little critical of the lazy approach of just reskinning another game but I would still enjoy the hell out of it.
Fields wrote: Oh, you're John Titor.
Wow, talk about a blast from the past. I haven't thought about John Titor since my early years in high school when he was still lurking on the internet and I was obsessed with reading the latest posts by him before he disappeared.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Wi1D_K4rD wrote: The only problem with TOR was that it was a essentially a single player game with MMO elements shoehorned in. Other than that I thought it was pretty good once I got over how much I dislike MMO cooldown and hotkey gameplay.
this place is weird. every single other forum I visit hates on SWTOR constantly, and outside of the IGNs and Gamespots of the world (where EA pays for good reviews) everything I see is mixed at best. I feel like it gets a lot more hate than it probably deserved, but when you put like $500 million into a game and people go "meh" soon after release I guess that's what happens.

Reasoning behind me not wanting a reskin of BF4 is we already have BF4. I don't want the same mechanics, I want Star Wars Battlefront. I want something unique, not DICE making essentially what would have been the reimagining of the first strike mod in BF4 if we had mod tools. I had a ton of fun with the first Battlefront and I want to have those feels again, not just play BF in the star wars universe.
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

matsif wrote: this place is weird. every single other forum I visit hates on SWTOR constantly, and outside of the IGNs and Gamespots of the world (where EA pays for good reviews) everything I see is mixed at best. I feel like it gets a lot more hate than it probably deserved, but when you put like $500 million into a game and people go "meh" soon after release I guess that's what happens.

Reasoning behind me not wanting a reskin of BF4 is we already have BF4. I don't want the same mechanics, I want Star Wars Battlefront. I want something unique, not DICE making essentially what would have been the reimagining of the first strike mod in BF4 if we had mod tools. I had a ton of fun with the first Battlefront and I want to have those feels again, not just play BF in the star wars universe.
I think the resounding hate for TOR is mostly from people who either don't like it because of the MMO elements or don't like it cause its not as good as *insert their favorite MMO.* It is basically stuck between two camps satisfying neither one to their expectations.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

apparently EA is doing some sort of star wars conference tomorrow where there will be a trailer and potentially some gameplay shown.
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

matsif wrote:apparently EA is doing some sort of star wars conference tomorrow where there will be a trailer and potentially some gameplay shown.
Well at least we might finally get a little glimpse. BF with lasers sounds promising, but I'm not really that hyped for the starwars IP.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!