[Arma III] Funday, 2014-06-28, SBT

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

What Gamemode/Mission Type Would You Prefer?

Players vs. Players
23%
Players vs. AI (COOP)
23%
Don't care.
54%
Something else (see post).
No votes

Total votes: 26

KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

[Arma III] Funday, 2014-06-28, SBT

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

So, Gwynzer forced asked me to organize a funday for Arma 3, so here we go:

Game Mode
I'm leaning to PvP, since it tends to be more dynamic than PvE. Alternatively I'd like to try a defend style mission with Zeus (basically a game master type thing where one guy can place units and build the mission dynamically). If we play PvP, I'd like to go with close-range optics only, since that forces much more interesting firefights and prevents a snipefest.

Please vote in the attached poll what you would prefer (we could also do both, or something completely different). This will also serve to estimate player count.

Mods
I don't want to overload on mods, but I'd like to propose this list:
CBA: Required for pretty much all mods
ASDG: Required for many gun mods, allow usage of scopes from different mods on different guns.
HLC's AK Pack: Beautiful weapons; for opposition in PvP.
Authentic Gameplay Mod: My personal creation, introducing an interesting medical system, weapon resting/bipod usage, wind ballistics etc.
Task Force Radio: Allowing radio usage and positional audio. Similar to ACRE, which alot of you didn't like the last time we tried it, but alot simpler to use.

Obviously that list isn't final, feel free to suggest others etc. Once we agree on a list, I'll compile it into one pack so it's easy for newbies to install.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Re: [Arma III] Funday, 2014-06-28, SBT

Post by Gwynzer »

Let us know if you're coming guys! Don't want to plan and end up playing missions that are too small or too big.

Seriously this game is brilliant, I would super support if GC entered into it, grab it from Steam and we'll have a blast.
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

I'll be there. Don't play the game very often cause I'm absolutely terribad at it so it will be nice to get some use out of it. :)
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

I would like to start off with CO-OP only because I am not skilled in the game and it may be good just to get use to controls and whatnot but in the end I would play anything with the community. The have a BF mode which would be interesting to see but baby steps.
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Von_Krieg wrote:I would like to start off with CO-OP only because I am not skilled in the game and it may be good just to get use to controls and whatnot but in the end I would play anything with the community. The have a BF mode which would be interesting to see but baby steps.
Most of the time PvP missions (if properly designed) are actually more slow-paced and tactical than COOP ones, since the AI sometimes resemble spider-sense wielding, deadly accurate laz0r machines more than humans, while having the maneuverable abilities of a drunk Gwynzer. Human players, on the other hand, have flawed accuracy (unless you give them high-powered optics), but are able to maneuver more freely, which makes the experience more intense, but also focused more on tactics than on gun skills.

To illustrate the point, here's a member of my unit getting shot through a warehouse, a military camp and half a town by the AI gunner of an MRAP:

But we'll probably play both anyways.
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

I will attempt to be there.
Rellik_pt

Post by Rellik_pt »

i don´t have the game.
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

Nice :). I am sure that is the case as I played a bit of the single player with similar results :).
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Arma 3 is 50% off in the Steam Summer Sale today. Buy now, beat the rush!

I've uploaded our modpack for Saturday. I didn't include Task Force Radio, since that would be a bit much for first timers. Here's the download:
https://mega.co.nz/#!h5thkRjS!sJ27QY7ee ... VmPGk2eLKE

This one modfolder contains all the stuff we need, so you don't need to install anything else.

To install, just move the "@GC_Modpack" folder to your Arma 3 installation directory (By default Steam>SteamApps>common>Arma 3). Then start the game, go to Configure>Expansions, select the GC Modpack, click "Activate" and then restart the game.

I will also be holding a sort of "bootcamp" at SBT-2ish (on Saturday) for anyone who:
a) has never played any Arma game
b) has played Arma 2 or earlier, but never Arma 3
c) has played Arma 3, but has never played with the Authentic Gameplay Mod or just in general needs help figuring things out.

I don't think there's a lot of people who doesn't fit into any of these categories, so please show up if you can.

Also please fill this out:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vXgfZQ ... c/viewform

pls.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Flummi has put a lot of work into putting this all together for us guys. ARMA3 is a great game and I really think that given the direction that the BF series is going, we've got a real possibility of moving either onto this game or RO2 at some point in the future. There is so much we can do with this game and we really can tailor it to suit all playstyles from super uber realistic to fairly arcady shooting. ARMA is totally worth the price it's on in the summer sale right now, it's a bit pricey if you're only thinking about playing this one event, but I can assure you we'll do more in future at some point.
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

To add to what Gwynzer has said already, we fiddled around with the GC modpack flummi has put together last saturday and it was a genuinely fun experience! The game itself has some amazing graphics and the gunplay is really quite fun when you learn how to use the weapon and the stance system. Also Flummi if we get enough responses and are willing to do the PVP could we simulate an insurgency with AI civilians in kavala or pyrgos or something.. where all the terrorists hide in plain sight?
the end is really fµcking nigh
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

One more day on the sale guys, get it now. Some cool stuff is planned we should have great fun.
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

I definitely won't be around for this one, unfortunately. HF guys! Record some gameplay so I can see what the game is like. :clap:
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

GC modpack installed and ready to go.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »