[RO2] Funday, TODAY, SBT (Server info in OP)

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

[RO2] Funday, TODAY, SBT (Server info in OP)

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

As many are aware we usually try to play for a few hours every Sunday before Gwinnie's Planetside 2. However this upcoming Saturday, 2014-06-21, we are being given the opportunity to have a whole battleday to enjoy IMO the best WW2 shooter ever made.

For this upcoming Funday, we will be playing Campaign mode, starting on the Eastern front. For those unfamiliar with RO2 Campaign mode is similar to our own BF campaigns. Each battle is linked to a territory on a small in-game map. You stick with your team between maps and continue until one team runs out of combat power and loses the campaign.

Depending on how fast the Eastern front campaign goes, after it is done I plan to switch over to a Pacific front campaign. That way we get a good variety of all that RS/RO2 has to offer.

I encourage everyone who can to show up. The more people, the more we can actually take advantage of the immensely satisfying teamwork possibilities inherent in RS/RO2. Plus if I do have that server up and running by then, the more people who show up, the higher on the server list my server shows up and we can get more pubbies in server who we can then try to corrupt into joining GC. :P

If you don't have the game, I highly recommend picking it up on Steam. You can either pay $9.99 for RO2 which will still give you access to all maps but you are restricted to Rifleman and can't level on Rising Storm maps, or $19.99 for Rising Storm which gives you full access to everything. Either way cheaper than a lot of other games out there and in this poster's humble opinion well worth the price. Currently 50% off on Steam so perfect time to grab it if you don't have it.

Server Details

Server Name: Global Conflict RO2/RS Funday Saturday
Server address: gc.game.nfoservers.com:7777
Two ways you can find the server you can try to find it in the server browser which may or may not be easily done.
Alternatively and significantly easier, once in the game menu press "~" to bring up the console type or copy pasta "open gc.game.nfoservers.com:7777" without the quotations obviously and hit enter. Once in be sure to favorite the server in the menu for the future.
Last edited by Wi1D_K4rD on Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:41 am, edited 7 times in total.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Re: [RO2] Funday, 2014-06-21, SBT

Post by matsif »

volunteer squad leader reporting in!
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Wi1D_K4rD wrote: I am currently in the midst of looking into getting my own RS/RO2 server. The prices I've seen for a dedicated box aren't that bad and well within my own budget. If it all goes to plan we'll have our own server that we can join and control to carry out this plan.
If it's just for this event, I have a dedi at my disposal, I'll see if I can get RO2 up on it.
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Gwynzer wrote: If it's just for this event, I have a dedi at my disposal, I'll see if I can get RO2 up on it.
It wasn't necessarily just going to be for this event. It's something I had contemplated before just didn't have a catalyst to get me to go the extra mile to actually look into what it would take. I'm still just thinking about it though so it's good I have a fall back if I decide not to commit to an actual server myself.
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

If no higher force forbids, I plan to be there at last :)
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
lakefisher1

Post by lakefisher1 »

I can't wait! Hopefully we will have a bunch more people than we normally do!
Follow us @gc_org and help support our community!
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Sounds good!
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Reminder: fun day this weekend!

This game is great fun, give it a go!
Snappel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Snappel »

I picked up the game a few weeks ago on steam when it was free, but I have yet to play the game let alone install it yet. For those that just picked up RO2 for free back then, did that include RS as well or was it just the vanilla game?
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Snappel wrote:I picked up the game a few weeks ago on steam when it was free, but I have yet to play the game let alone install it yet. For those that just picked up RO2 for free back then, did that include RS as well or was it just the vanilla game?
You have access to play Rising Storm maps. You just are restricted to Rifleman only while on those maps.
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Just in time for our funday this Sunday, RO2 is only 4.99 on Steam during the sale. Or you can pay 9.99 for Rising Storm and be able to have full access to RS as well. If you still don't have this game yet you should definitely think about it now that it is less than the price of a meal nowadays.
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [RO2] Funday, Tomorrow, 2014-06-21, SBT (Currently 50% o

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Bumpity bump. This is tomorrow!

Gwynzer, I decided to hold off on getting the server. If you could look into what it would take to get one up on your dedi. This huge nerd would be superbly grateful.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Wow short notice much. Will look into it :P
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Gwynzer wrote:Wow short notice much. Will look into it :P
I know... k:angel: I meant to ask you a little sooner but have been busy-ish.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Looked at it, there isn't a standalone server exe, it has to run thru steamCMD which I haven't got on the box and aren't interested in learning for the weekend I'm afraid. I'll have to get it on the box some time but it won't be in time for the event :( We'll just have to join some pubbie server unless I find myself with a free morning tomorrow.