[BF1942]Revive!

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

.Sup
Executive
Executive

[BF1942]Revive!

Post by .Sup »

If anyone wants to play this wonderful old game there is a neat patch that lets the game find servers in the server browser. There are not many servers but you only need one right?

CD version

Origin version

Its just an .exe that you use to replace the existing .exe in wherever you have the game installed. The patches also include a widescreen fix. This is the only WS fix that works for me (HUD and menus are still 4:3 but that is a minor issue).

The CD version patch includes a no CD fix and I believe both CD owners and Origin owners can see the same servers so we will be able to play together. I used Origin since Im too lazy to fiddle with CDs.

No Punkbuster required, supposedly not even a CD key. And my favourite: remember when you got disconnected/kicked or you simply wanted to end the current game when there was an unnecessary loading screen (a helmet under a Tiger) before you could exit to menu? Well that no longer happens and if you delete the movies in Movies folder you can be in and out of the game in matter of seconds.

Some screenshots I just took:
Widescreen/fullscreen@1920x1080 (right click>open in new tab to view images)

So who wants to play?
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [BF1942]Revive!

Post by undrt0w »

Boom boom! Count me in!! Should we set a date and time ?
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Yeah lets do it! This Sunday @SBT works for me. In fact every day for the next two weeks works for me. :thumbup:
Btw-once you install the game from Origin you don't have to have Origin running at all!
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

thx, will try the orgin one ( too lazy too ). Not sure about sunday playing.
I saw you on orgin a few days ago but the join friend doesn't work for 42 and then I took notice that the search servers was not working proper ( only refreshing the old list was OK ). by the way merciless still works ( client texture and sounds and more).Image
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

What day does it suit you Fanne? I can play every evening.
Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Post by Ghoul »

I posted this information last year but its relevant to this post for anyone wanting the merciless textures and sounds

Here is a link to the GC mod and Merciless creations mod plus a few choice maps made by the GC community back in the day plus khaos go cart racing wich would be very fun for a GC fun day.

GCmod and Merciless

it is 1.1gig so keep that in mind.

Install the free version of BF1942 which you can download for free from the origin Demo tab when you fire up origin. After installing it, download this link and un-zip it somewhere then move the contents to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1942 directory

Once done, in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1942 directory you will find two files, Merciless enable - Disabler.exe and Merciless Crosshair selecter

Use these to enable / disable Merciless textures and sounds (these make the game much cooler) and the crosshair selecter to give you cooler crosshairs. when you run the Merciless enable - disable.exe just select enable, leave RTR and SW unchecked. (these were for the Road to Rome and Secret Weapons Addons) then close it. Since there is no such thing as a 'pure' server any more it should work on all servers.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

You haven't stated your availability Ghoul :angel:
Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Post by Ghoul »

.Sup wrote:You haven't stated your availability Ghoul :angel:
I work Sundays, and if I wasn't working I'd probably have my two week old daughter in my arms.
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

Ghoul wrote:
.Sup wrote:You haven't stated your availability Ghoul :angel:
I work Sundays, and if I wasn't working I'd probably have my two week old daughter in my arms.
:angel: brave daddy you are - gratz to the new one ( I already read it in another fred but it seems you need a gratz 'cos you keep repeeting it :lol: /jk)
for my times: next sunday SBT +4 ( can be SBT I'm not sure on that by now ).
I played a bit 42 and only get kills with c4 so far and omg what a difference to bf4 play :roll:
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Fanne could you add me on Steam plz. I can't find you in GC Steam group. I don't run Origin when I play 42.
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

well, you are on my FL already :lol:
don't ya blocked me, did you :lol:
I'm not playing that much this week - taking lots of painkilllers 'cos they took out two teeth k:cry: and the infection is still hurting a bit to much to concentrate on killing people (belive me, in real I could kill every one at the moment k:evil:)
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Fanne wrote:well, you are on my FL already :lol:
don't ya blocked me, did you :lol:
I'm not playing that much this week - taking lots of painkilllers 'cos they took out two teeth k:cry: and the infection is still hurting a bit to much to concentrate on killing people (belive me, in real I could kill every one at the moment k:evil:)
lol any teeth left?? :P
Get well soon and let me know when I should take my MP40 out of the drawer.
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

If I count right 17 are left now :oops: