Homeworld Remastered

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Re: Homeworld Remastered

Post by Gwynzer »

Have the same formation problems as Necro for HW1 campaign.

I thought I remembered that it was quite important to have the repair frigates and such acting as forward outposts, but they didn't seem to be doing anything. I'd forgotten about the fuel mechanic in the original, that not being there changes the game in big ways.
ZebraPeps
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZebraPeps »

oO... a prequel coming - Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak :o
http://store.steampowered.com/app/281610/
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Holy crap

A couple years ago the guys who made the original Homeworld formed Blackbird entertainment. I thought they were working on a mobile game, but I guess that didn't work out, so now they're making an RTS?????

That comes out in a month !?

Werp.

Wow.
ImageImageImage
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

Nope they were originally working on hardware: ship breakers and you can check some of there early videos.

Anyway when THQ folded gearbox brought the homeworld rights so they contacted blackbird to help make the remastered version and at the same time rename the project to homeworld : ship breakers .

Guess they didn't like the name so they renamed it
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Ship breakers was originally going to be a web/mobile game.

Source: played a pre-alpha test build in 2011 :)

I dropped out when I realized it was supposed to be a mobile game. Not my cup of tea. So this being a PC RTS was a bit of a shock, though a very welcome one. Might actually play it now!
ImageImageImage
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ViperXVII »

Felt like Ground Control, from what little we've seen IMHO.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Its out.

I like the setting, artwork and story/lore. The ambiance is super amazing with the comm chatter and such. The gameplay I have so far found to be a bit meh, but I think that's more to it not being my style as opposed to it being bad. I think my issue is economy, I'm not a fan of any RTS which has a limited economy, I being able to build infinitely :P
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ViperXVII »

Have to chime in on the meh wagon. Very limited unit roster, "OK" graphics, ~ 5 maps for multiplayer, camera controls are very limited. The campaign lasts 6 hours (if you take it slowly). Recommend waiting for sale (<=20 EUR).
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Camera for me is also super sensitive. Despite never wanting to actually change the angle I'm always having to reset it as it seems to get stuck on until I hit the button again.

The AI is pretty dumb, and seems to have infinite economy on some missions which utterly ridiculous. Because it seems to have unlimited economy I was a bit surprised to see a mission where the enemy was super focused on stealing all of the on map resources. I decided to bumrush the objectives as in previous homeworld games you get the option to say you are done with the mission after doing all objectives (so you can finish mining all the resources, important in a game where your army and resources carry between mission. Very angry to finish the objectives afterwards and find the mission just ends and those resources were left unexploited.

Awesome universe though!