Elder Scrolls Online

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Elder Scrolls Online

Post by CekiHappy »

So, some of you have played the beta for this game and may not have liked it at the time. Well they're having a Free week/end for accounts who had beta access and it starts today(30 minutes from now actually). A couple other GC guys will be playing it too during the weekend, so if you decide to download it, look for me, damonott, tea, or cognito in TS and lets play with each other ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Create a character in the Daggerfall Covenant (that's the one we're on), that's the only requirement for us to play together.

Now for my word on it, don't believe the Anti-Hype.
Elder Scrolls Online: It doesn't suck anymore. If you go into the game without it expecting to be like skyrim or World of Warcraft 2: Electric Boogaloo, then I think you'll be more than pleased to find a great mmo that's completely set in The Elder Scrolls universe.

Check it out and let me know what you think.
Damonott
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Post by Damonott »

As a side note if your not 100% sure you can still find us in TS and I can stream so you can get a feel for the game. The PVP is really fun, i think tea went a week with no sleep trying to become number 1 in our campaign.

-D
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

The full game just went down to $25 on G2A right now, I think that's the lowest it's ever been
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

have the combat mechanics and camera stuff changed at all from the beta? my main gripes with the beta was the fact that it just felt too mashed together between hack n slash and button mashing skills and the 3rd person camera being off center and at annoying angles a lot of the time.

they've been sending me tons of emails (at least 10 over the past week) saying "hey you played in the beta! try again!" and if they haven't changed any of that stuff in the year since the beta I'm not gonna bother.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

The camera is definitely something that's changed for the better, what with them implementing a solid FOV slider for both 1st and 3rd person, and then there are addons that people have created that change the camera to some peoples liking (like centered above the head instead of the shoulders, I personally use that one and its great). Your combat question I don't really know how to answer because my characters combat style must be much different than yours (dealing massive damage through sneak attacks alnd crits), most of my enemies go down in1or 2 hits so I don't do a lot of button mashing. I imagine there's a lot of mashing if you go with like a sorcerer and use a lot of spell combos, but I never really tried that. That said, if you do decide to try it again, I recommend using the night blade class and a 2hander great sword, those are tons of fun and generally for taking down enemies with more slow heavy hitting critical attacks than just spamming keys.
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

After playing a week without sleeping I can say that the PVP is epic.. I installed killcounter and went on a 70 something killstreak with my templar. At first it feels like button mashing (because you are) but when you read the spells and find out what they do, then chain them together (i.e. get a little better at the game) you can crush zergs of enemies.

Then stand on the pile of their corpses and play them the lute in the deathscreen 11/10 :lol:
the end is really fµcking nigh
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

You can ride leopards with armor https://gfycat.com/BlueImmenseIzuthrush
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

I don't know who in their marketing department decided to give another free play period to only beta testers; as a non-tester, I'd like a shot as well. Maybe I'll pick it up at discount, though. 8)
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

Dude, if you really want to try it, I have a second account that has beta access(I feel you judging me over there, stop it). I'll send you the account credentials in a pm when I get back from work today :thumbup:
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

For you ranged mofos

Ok, so after a lot of 1v1 practice with an EP dude I randomly started dancing with in Cyrodiil, I can conclude that if you see a DK they are the lowest priority target. Period.

They can do "OK" DPS but unless they are actively attacking you leave them alone. Most of them have defensive posture up 24/7 and spam reflective scales. All this means is that if you use any ranged spell or projectile you just are hitting yourself and it wastes resources. You CANNOT touch them Image

The only way to counter this is a stun/knockdown for a few secs to allow you to get your curses on them. Even then, you have to keep knocking them down and popping DOTs. Utterly worthless.

So.. don't go for the DKs until last, I recommend hitting in this order.. Templars (always), Sorcs/Nightblades, DKs.
the end is really fµcking nigh
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

You shoulda been there at the beginning when a good DragonKnight could take on an entire keep of enemies
phpBB [video]