Eve Online

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Eve Online

Post by Kilo »

I remember reading quite a few Eve Online threads here along with seeing an Eve Online channel in TS fairly populated awhile back. Do many of you guys still play it? I've been playing for about a month now and have been having a blast - been getting on a lot of dank kills as well.
Battlefield Tournament History
BF3C4: STAR Infantry Private 2Image
BF3C5: LOD Infantry Private
BF3C6: UNSC Infantry Private First Class
BF4C1: USSR Infantry Conscript
BF4C2: GoCI Infantry Private First Class
BF4C3: LN7 Infantry Private
BF4C4: JANUS Armor Private
BF4C5: KTSS SAS Captain
BF4C6: SAD Infantry CorporalImage
BF4C7: GC Infantry Captain
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Re: Eve Online

Post by Stonie »

Your in PL, ambitious.....

I quit after 8 years. It is an awesome game, with real fights and consequences.
A few tips:
1. just pay the subscription, the prices of the plexes are too high, it takes to much time doing boring stuff to grind for the isk. ie ratting, gas mining
2. You are already in a great coalition, but don't take loyalty to a corp too serious. If you feel bored, dont be affraid to go to another corporation, to make new friends and find new content, there is more in eve then 0.0
3. See you like to pew, stay away from other game content as long as possible, like mining, trading or production.
4. Battleships are crap, T2 cruisers are the bomb, stay in sub caps as long as possible. The many variations of sub capitals.
5. Better fly excellent skilled small ships, then rush with minimum skills to bigger ships. Take your time to train skills to lvl5 it WILL pay off
6. Listen to your FC, if you failed tp follow the instructions and die, suffer in silence :P
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kilo »

Thanks! I'm actually not in PL proper, they recently created an open corp called Pandemic Horde that's based toward teaching new players.

1. I'm currently also making dank isk from exploration - I've already made enough to PLEX myself :P But I've heard many people advice to pay the sub and am following it.

2. I'm planning on joining their feeder corp, SniggWaffe and then trying to get into PL proper after that - I like that they are very PvP orientated. But I'll be open to other places depending on how the culture is.

3. Yeah, I tried mining for a bit, just kill me now pls.

4/5. Yeah, I'm planning on specializing in subcaps (the meta seems to be focused around T2/T3 cruisers) especially with the jump range nerfs for capitals.

6. I've died a few times due to this already :D But the PL dudes are great teachers.

Btw, what corp/alliance did you play with?
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

I dunno what you mean with dank isk, but 5 billion isk is not a lot if you have to buy and fit a few T3 and T2 cruisers :wink:

I made many friends over the years, in a various corporations that specialized in various aspects of the game.
I also ran my own corporation ( Fearless Bandits) for a 4 years, which is very hard to build and even harder to maintain.

I started mining, then low sec pirating, high sec missions, wormhole, incursions and 0.0
With Fearless Bandits I lived in Branch in the Space Monkey Alliance in coalition with Goons and NED clan was in Goonswarm.

0.0 life is only fun if your organization has a good infrastructure in place and creates content for you. Otherwise you get frustrated or when in peace too long bored.

I think you might find this video very interesting, its made by the current leader of the goons.
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kilo »

Well I've only been flying T1 Frigs and Dessies...just about to be able to fly T1 Cruisers :P

Yeah, so far Pandemic Horde seems really well organized since its run by PL and there is constant content coming to our doorstep since we are based from HED-GP.

Also, you should send me some of that isk ;)
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

I don't know how much I have left.
But I recall it ain't that much, since the last corp had ridiculous expensive doctrines.
And my last corp I was in a wormhole corp, I recon they took all my stuff.

I bet your corp has a full reimbursement program and get free ships all the time. :wink:
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

@Stonie.

I saw a post on reddit (from an ex dreddit CEO or something) saying this, about a year ago (referring to Mittani):
His goal as far as I can tell is to sit atop Eve and be the most powerful person in space, and that means building a group that spans half the galaxy while allowing the illusion of there being competition so that infighting and boredom doesn't set in. I hate this whole idea, I want there to be real risk in nullsec, with many smaller groups fighting it out game of thrones style, with constantly changing loyalties. It probably isn't realistic, but it's what I want.
Is it fair? Is there any real competition to the goons a year later?

I've only ever played eve for a few weeks and had to stop as it was far too addictive and I could see myself never doing anything else. I'm still pretty interested in the crazy wars etc. that go on.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

Calloutman wrote:@Stonie.

Is it fair? Is there any real competition to the goons a year later?

I've only ever played eve for a few weeks and had to stop as it was far too addictive and I could see myself never doing anything else. I'm still pretty interested in the crazy wars etc. that go on.
Goons are a very powerful entity in EVE. But dont have near enough players to occupy the whole of EVE. His goal is to keep nul sec dynamic, and willing to give up space to conquer new one. He wants to prevent a status quo like on the Chinese server, where 4 groups are satisfied with the space they have.

Enough people that dislike Goons, that wage terrorism wars in their territory or against their allies.
He has great influence in EVE, one single campaign against miners in high sec made mining and production profitable again, and set standards for a yearly event what we now know as hulkageddon and burn Jita.

Ofcourse for newer players and victims those events are not understood and repulsive.

I myself found it always fun to blow up stuff where people worked hard for to get. And it is easier to do if you are part of a large group. :twisted:
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kilo »

Here's the first draft of the current Coalition map: http://i.imgur.com/BQ1qoMQ.png

As you can see, the CFC aka Goons (which has renamed itself to the Imperium) has withdrawn to the North West in preparation for Fozziesov which will make it much harder for large empires to be able to defend large amounts of space.

So people are expecting lots of smaller alliances to make territory grabs when the changes are rolled out in June/July.

Here's the reddit thread about the new map (which they correct most of the mistakes in it): http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/35 ... _map_i_am/

Also Stonie, damn I didn't realize you ran with the LazerHawks. They're pretty big fish in wormhole space. Unfortunately PH doesn't run an SRP (and if if they do its usually out of the FC's pocket) because they expect everyone to be self sufficient in isk.
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

Kilo wrote: Also Stonie, damn I didn't realize you ran with the LazerHawks. They're pretty big fish in wormhole space.
Yeah they are awesome, killing capitals in T2 frigates. Awesome fun.
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kilo »

A big war has started in Eve for those of you who used to play

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments ... y_2_years/

A picture of the multiple fronts that are assaulting the Goons: http://i.imgur.com/I3VtS0t.jpg http://i.imgur.com/q8QInuw.jpg