New Battlefront playlist

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

New Battlefront playlist

Post by RazY70 »

phpBB [video]

I don't know what to say :|
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: New Battlefront playlist

Post by ViperXVII »

Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

It just looks so... crap.

The map design looks poor, the weapon play looks horrendous, as well as anything to do with the pickups or the customisation. The sound design is pretty good, but it's off in a few ways. I don't think the hero play is anywhere near what it should be. It upset me to see RotJ Luke on Hoth... come on, he should have his x-wing suit and blue lightsaber. The original battlefronts managed that. Perhaps that'll be fixed in the final game but I doubt it.

It looks like it'd be fun to play, but I get a very short-term game out of this. There just doesn't look like there's any depth there whatsoever.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Gwynzer wrote: It looks like it'd be fun to play, but I get a very short-term game out of this. There just doesn't look like there's any depth there whatsoever.
^
I will still end up buying it, running around as a Stormtrooper and giggling like being 14y again... Fanboy forever :roll:
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Jokerle wrote:
Gwynzer wrote: It looks like it'd be fun to play, but I get a very short-term game out of this. There just doesn't look like there's any depth there whatsoever.
^
I will still end up buying it, running around as a Stormtrooper and giggling like being 14y again... Fanboy forever :roll:
That's basically what they set out to make; a fanboy pleaser that people will buy regardless of it's complete lack of depth. At least you're being honest. :thumbup:
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

So do the stormtroopers get a huge accuracy debuff? =p
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Stormtroopers are crack shots, no debuffs to be had.

Tantive IV: Stormies manage to completely destroy the Rebel Guard despite them being in cover and only assaulting from one entrance. There were a lot more dead rebels than there were stormies at that door. Also a trooper super accurate shot with the stun on Leia too.

Obi wan: "These blast points... too accurate for Sand People, only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise."

Death Star: Stormtroopers are ordered to miss (Tracking beacon on the falcon to learn the location of the rebel base).

Hoth: Stormtroopers rekt

Bespin: It's a trap for luke so they're driving him a certain direction, or the rebels are covered by smokescreen

Endor (gets the most hate): At one point a Stormie hipfires his e-11 while crouched awkwardly in a bush, and manages to hit Leia, who was in cover and a significant distance away. Sure the Imperial forces struggled with the ewoks, but remember the Ewoks also managed to capture the rebel party, which had a galaxy renowned smuggler and Rebel General, a Jedi Knight, and a combat veteran Wookie. The Ewoks are miniature Wookies themselves, just as ferocious, but in a smaller package. They look like teddy bears but, don't forget, bears are terrifying.

Stormtroopers are so good that they miss on purpose and sacrifice themselves to further a plan when ordered to do so.

K, I geeked out.
Róka

Post by Róka »

Gwynzer wrote:It upset me to see RotJ Luke on Hoth... come on, he should have his x-wing suit and blue lightsaber. The original battlefronts managed that. Perhaps that'll be fixed in the final game but I doubt it.
That kind of stuff usually gets immediately fixed if it gets pointed out. If no one notices or tells them directly, they probably won't change it. Remember to mention stuff that they need to fix for consistency when the open Beta comes out and you fill out their survey. With the BF4 beta I mentioned stuff about the soldier uniforms not staying consistent after spawns just because you enter/exit vehicles and they changed that :) (if you spawn in a helo as pilot, you have pilot suit and keep it if you eject to start fighting on the ground).
ImageImage
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ViperXVII »

Gwynzer wrote: Endor (gets the most hate): [..]
K, I geeked out.
Allow me to out-geek you. The original plan had Endor being the wookie home planet, making the whole battle way more credible. But due to commercial and technological reasons, and the fact wookies were at one point made technologically gifted, it was left with those furballs and thus the script made little to no sense. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ewok#cite_note-1
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ViperXVII »

Pre load is up for those with slow connections.
King6moh
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by King6moh »

Thanks for the heads up! Loading it now. We wanna smash some scrubs this Sunday? I should be free
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ViperXVII »

we were thinking of calling a bfront bday wanna be but if its limited to 4 friends per server ... -_-
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

ViperXVII wrote:we were thinking of calling a bfront bday wanna be but if its limited to 4 friends per server ... -_-
What in the name of frak

Is that a limitation for the beta, or have they lost even the negative amounts of sense they were making?
"fraking game mechanics"
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kilo »

LOL 4 FRIENDS PER SERVER? Good joke EA. Good joke.
Battlefield Tournament History
BF3C4: STAR Infantry Private 2Image
BF3C5: LOD Infantry Private
BF3C6: UNSC Infantry Private First Class
BF4C1: USSR Infantry Conscript
BF4C2: GoCI Infantry Private First Class
BF4C3: LN7 Infantry Private
BF4C4: JANUS Armor Private
BF4C5: KTSS SAS Captain
BF4C6: SAD Infantry CorporalImage
BF4C7: GC Infantry Captain
Nix

Post by Nix »

LOL this game hahaha

Might as well make it a single-player only game lol
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA