Tom clancy's the Division Closed Beta launching 29th

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Tom clancy's the Division Closed Beta launching 29th

Post by ViperXVII »

Hey guys, for those that did the 25 cents the beta will be out reportedly on the 29th, but you have to activate an email you should have received today
MyDogAteC4

Re: Tom clancy's the Division Closed Beta launching 29th

Post by MyDogAteC4 »

I just signed up today, hopefully I can get access.
Damonott
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Damonott »

No email yet but I ordered on steam and steam says I will get in so waiting to get a code or ability to download.

-D
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Havent seen the Division.
Got invite to Tom Clancy's Endwar Online beta
http://us.ewo.ubi.com/en/main/?pid=EWO_ ... 7-2-8-1215

Tho Ubi makes me cringe.
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

the division reminds me of my parents divorce, so i'v gotta ask you to take this down for triggering me
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

pre-load started today if you've got a key.

beta opens at noon GMT/7 AM EST on friday.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

after steam finally sorted its crap out (based gaben fails yet again to release something on time, over 2 hours late), got to play for a good bit.

character creation looks like it could be decent but they cut that out of the beta, you just get some random options and your choice of male/female. and the random options only have like 3 for white/black/asian. was a bit disappointed here. that said there are tons of cosmetic items to customize your clothing which is nice.

controls don't feel too bad by default. there are some surfaces that look like they should be vaultable but aren't which is annoying but otherwise it's pretty fluid. guns kick a lot for a TPS which I don't mind, since it's more of an RPG it feels ok and like any other shooter you are rewarded for tap firing for dem headshots.

there's too many assault rifles and not enough other weapons. considering you can carry 2 main weapons and you find more assault rifles than anything else it's a bit annoying. I'm currently running around with an M249 and an HK416 and have yet to find a DMR/sniper, just a few shotguns and SMGs that I don't even want to use. All primaries have mod slots for optics, barrels, magazines, underbarrel, and a random skin. I've yet to find a skin but have multiples of everything else. If you get an ACOG or larger optic, if you use the zoom mechanic it goes into an FPS view which is handy.

haven't gone into the dark zone yet, finishing up stuff outside and trying to gear up a bit more before I do that.

overall I'm quite happy with it so far. the most annoying thing I've come across was the fact that valve screwed something up and the beta didn't unpack anything until a good 2.5 hours after it was supposed to start.
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

The beginning of the game was interesting, the premise grabbed me atleast. I was playing and having fun for about 20 minutes aaaand... i finished the game. Literally, all that's in the beta is 1 mission, and it wasn't even that interesting (i thought it would be i dunno darker or something).

Moving on to PVP (the dark zone). It's ok... i guess. Again, very little to do and not much of a sense of tension there.

I really dont feel strongly about this game one way or the other
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

go into dark zone

see 3 rogues with riot shields out chasing a guy who is screaming something unintelligible over proxy chat in some asian dialect

screamy guy shoots me and goes rogue himself, so I kill him back

3 shield guys invite me to party and we terrorize the subway for a bit

10/10
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

How do we get a key for this thingie?
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Nix

Post by Nix »

you ask nicely.
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

undrt0w wrote:How do we get a key for this thingie?
pre-order or you had to sign up a while ago. I might have an extra key incoming but it's gonna be useless to you unless they extend the beta as tomorrow is the last full day officially. rumor says they are going to extend it and invite more people but there's honestly not a whole lot to do. the devs apparently toned down the amount and speed of random enemy spawns for the whole thing (which was imo stupid) so at times it does feel like a running simulator like daisy or a bad game of arma.

that said, I've yet to have any major connection issues, the matchmaking works more or less flawlessly when doing a co-op mission random group, and the beta client has never crashed or given me any graphical issues at all. all in all it's a fairly solid feeling game, but I wish they would have let us do more in the beta than what was given as I've entirely run out of things to do since I finished off getting top tier gear a little bit ago.
Damonott
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Damonott »

@ceki I played for a hour and did about 15 missions. there is only 1 main one but loads of side missions. Look at your map kid. I think they are generated, so coul play for hours doing kill quest.

-D
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

I felt PVP was really crap compared to what I envisioned.

It has some tense moments, but I felt there was too much running around the same small area (And we had access to that entire dark zone. There will be more darkzones but that place was still fairly small) which seemed to have people EVERYWHERE. It felt dangerous cause of constant people, I think I was maybe expecting PC interactions to be a lot rarer and it to be more of a "enemies could popout at any moment" kind of situation.

I dunno, but I had the impression that there would be at least some type of missions happening in the DZ (there may be in the full game), and there's be more things like scavenging and such. Instead it was just more stupid shooty except harder enemies and the occasional PC group to worry about.