Tom clancy's the Division Closed Beta launching 29th

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

matsif
Executive
Executive

Re: Tom clancy's the Division Closed Beta launching 29th

Post by matsif »

apparently dev team stated they are extending the beta by a day since they just released a new set of beta accesses. they aren't patching in content unlocks from what I've seen though so if you've already played everything in the beta you can continue ignoring it. I'm done playing the beta as there is absolutely nothing left for me to do other than be an ass in the dark zone, which I really don't want to do anyways.

most of the responses people are having are either their expectations were not what the game was developed to be or the lack of content in the beta is turning people away rather than keeping people engaged. tons of complaints that the game isn't a survival game like daisy (which it was never intended to be to begin with), even more that people are turned off because the devs didn't communicate that they were stripping out like 95% of the game for the beta.

I had fun with it and am looking forward to playing a not stripped out version of the game. but the fact that they limited so much of the content is certainly annoying.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

I haven't played the beta but seen some livestreams of it and the game looks pretty decent.

As for the beta being stripped of 95%, I think a lot of people are spoiled nowadays. They expect to get 99% out of the beta and when the game finally releases, they start complaining about it being too dull and not having anything new in it.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Open beta confirmed for feb 19th thru 21st. If you're interested and haven't uninstalled the beta files from the last beta the client should update on the 16th, otherwise preload opens on the 16th.

Content is supposedly the same stuff we saw in the last beta with at least 1 more non-dz mission and hopefully not having stupid stuff like reduced spawns and bugged dz chests.
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ViperXVII »

Let's give it another shot then : D
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

as far as the open beta is concerned, if you played the closed beta there's not much more content. there's more NPC spawns and another normal mode mission, but otherwise it's the exact same content but there's more dark zone grind (you get less credits/XP per kill than in the closed beta) and the same level limitations. still fun but personally I'm not going to play it nearly as much as I played the closed beta.

there's some more top level DZ gear and the DZ chests work but it's still limited to the same small area the closed beta was in. also some small UI tweaks and such. but otherwise nothing really new and if you played the closed beta I'd say you can safely ignore this and not feel too bad.