XCOM 2

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Re: XCOM 2

Post by Gwynzer »

One black man, one asian man, lots of master-race whiteys, I think it's an accurate depiction for GC :P
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ViperXVII »

Only one thing to say. $&%( gatekeepers
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Gwynzer wrote:One black man, one asian man, lots of master-race whiteys, I think it's an accurate depiction for GC :P
... CEKI'S BLACK?!
Image[/url]
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ViperXVII »

This promises to remind everyone of ceki while playing

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext=
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Viper is now in there.

Also to sweeten the deal there's sweet bios for all of the people in the pool, and you'll have to import them to find out :P
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Haruky and Seraphim have found themselves in the pool.
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

3 Things:

1: I'm probably doing it wrong, but when I tried to import the GC dudes, there were multiples to select. And even after selecting them, they didn't show up in the Recruits list (that's where I'm assuming they'd show up).

2: I played 3h straight. Managed to get 1 soldier skilled and 3 captured. Is there a way to re-play an objective? I'm definitely going to have to limit the number of objectives I play in a night.

3: I played 3h straight; went to bed at 0400 local - damn, i'm tired...
o1oo1
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by o1oo1 »

only way to replay is to load a save

cant help you with the rest.

Nice job gwyn
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

InsanityRocks wrote:3 Things:

1: I'm probably doing it wrong, but when I tried to import the GC dudes, there were multiples to select. And even after selecting them, they didn't show up in the Recruits list (that's where I'm assuming they'd show up).

The way the list works is those names/characters get added to the pool that the game pulls from. They don't turn up straight away unless it's a new playthrough. You'll have to wait for your recruits list to refresh (at supply drop time) and then people might turn up. If you start a new game AFTER importing chars into the pool there's a high chance that many of the charpool people will already be part of your roster.

The way it works for people with "classes" in the charpool is there is a chance they will be a mission or pickup reward. If they come in as a rookie they get randomly assigned a class on promotion, it's not based on what was assingned. You can, ofc, train people to a class via the AWC facility.

For people marked with "VIP" (the execs in the pool :P ) they have the chance to be an Engineer/Scientist, and also a potential mission reward. DarkVIPs are the ADVENT sympathiser bastards in the kidnap missions to kill/kidnap away

2: I played 3h straight. Managed to get 1 soldier skilled and 3 captured. Is there a way to re-play an objective? I'm definitely going to have to limit the number of objectives I play in a night.
No replay (unless save scumming), that's XCOM baby. The setup for this game is that the player losing XCOM:EU was the canon ending, as the vast majority of players lost their first playthru. XCOM aint easy :D You may later on get a mission to rescue captured guys, maybe.

Xcom gud
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

No replay (unless save scumming), that's XCOM baby. The setup for this game is that the player losing XCOM:EU was the canon ending, as the vast majority of players lost their first playthru. XCOM aint easy :D You may later on get a mission to rescue captured guys, maybe.
What? Are you sure about that?? I could've sworn at the end of Xcom EU, they showed a video of a TON of alien ships arriving even after you've "won" against your invasion.
Image[/url]
Damonott
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Damonott »

Yup loading a save is the only way out of it. I personally am still on my first play through and I'm thinking about to "Win". There has been many lost hours of sleep.

-D
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

InsanityRocks wrote: 1: I'm probably doing it wrong, but when I tried to import the GC dudes, there were multiples to select. And even after selecting them, they didn't show up in the Recruits list (that's where I'm assuming they'd show up).
if you've already started they get into the pool later. see gwyn's advice. I believe there's some .ini file tweaks you can do to get them in there at the start of a new game but otherwise unless you have like ~20 people I think it will just randomly throw them in.
as other stated, save scum is really it. I'm nowhere close to done with my first playthrough and I'll admit to doing it more than a lot of times because of the timed missions (which I find really annoying). there's some mods/ini tweaks you can do to make it less harsh which may be of interest of you if it's you're first time playing an xcom game. it'll make the game a lot easier but will also allow you to learn the mechanics a bit more.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

haruky wrote:
What? Are you sure about that?? I could've sworn at the end of Xcom EU, they showed a video of a TON of alien ships arriving even after you've "won" against your invasion.
IIRC, the lore is that the Base Invasion from EW happened within the first month or so of the XCOM project, and the aliens started off with their sectopods and elite mutons etc as their vanguard.

The idea being that the "simulations" that they talk about was the various playthroughs of EU/EW that people were doing, win or lose.
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

matsif wrote: [...]
there's some mods/ini tweaks you can do to make it less harsh which may be of interest of you if it's you're first time playing an xcom game. it'll make the game a lot easier but will also allow you to learn the mechanics a bit more.
[...]
do tell, kind sir - do tell...
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Nah insanity, just keep going till you aren't crap anymore.

I said you were too dumb :P