[Battleground Europe] So... This sounds kind of amazing?

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

[Battleground Europe] So... This sounds kind of amazing?

Post by haruky »

http://www.battlegroundeurope.net/more-combined-arms

From the looks of it, it's a MMOFPS with a HUGE persistent map of Europe. I haven't dived into it much, but it sounds kind of fun to get a bunch of GCers and turn the tide in some key battles.
Image[/url]
CrookedBarrel

Re: [Battleground Europe] So... This sounds kind of amazing?

Post by CrookedBarrel »

Seems odd for something like this to be relatively unknown...then again, for the "Starter" account - which is a $4.99 per month subscription - benefits, it states things like:

EARN RANK UP TO SERGEANT
Become a Sergeant in any country or branch. As a junior non-commissioned officer (NCO) you will lead and support important missions for your side.

AUTOMATIC SUBMACHINE GUN (SMG)
Submachine Gun's are fully automatic and great for close quarters combat. You will be able to use smg's in all branches and countries. Includes airborne SMG.

INFANTRY BINOCULARS
Gain a major tactical advantage and view opposing forces from a distance. Act as a recon trooper reporting enemy movement or as a forward observer calling in heavy weaponry from both land and air.

BUILD FOXHOLE
Deploy a combat ready foxhole in any field providing maximum 270 degree coverage. It is camouflaged on the outside and has a front firing position.

And in the complete "SUBSCRIPTION PLAN COMPARISON", it clarifies "lead and support important missions" means you can't even make a squad without forking over cash.

Additionally, as a free user, you get access to three exciting classes:

Rifleman
Limited SMG
Airborne rifle

Even for $4.99 you only get access to the following additional classes:

Submachine gun
Airborne SMG
Airborne LMG
Airborne mortar
Airborne ATR

But only "Premium" subscribers, for $14.99 monthly, get access to these:

Semi-auto rifle
Light machinegun
Mortarman
Grenadier
Engineer
Sapper
Anti-tank rifle
Anti-tank rocket
Sniper
Airborne sniper

Vehicles are equally limited, with only "Premium" subscribers having access to any aircraft built later than 19-fraking-40!

If this isn't pay-to-win, I don't know what is.

On top of that, this has been out since 2001(with graphics to match), and apparently only has about 100 people still playing.

I would've loved for this type of game to be worth playing, and thanks, haruky, for the suggestion, but it's not for me, at least.
"Of course he looks like the suspect, that don't make him guilty! You look like an idiot, that doesn't mean you are one." -Ken Rosenberg
BF4 C3 TCF Sgt
BF4 C4 SAD Cpt
BF4 C5 EVIL WO
BF4 C6 TCF Col