Quake Champions (Closed Beta Keys)

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Róka

Quake Champions (Closed Beta Keys)

Post by Róka »

I've got 3 2 keys left -- who will actually use them? (There's a ~5 min in-depth survey afterwards.)
Last edited by Róka on Fri May 05, 2017 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Quake Champions (Closed Beta Keys)

Post by Fields »

Heck yeah!
Róka

Post by Róka »

Fields wrote:Heck yeah!
Messaged. :thumbup:
ImageImage
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Dude!

I can't take a key arrive I have no time to play. But someone tell me if this is a good game or not
ImageImageImage
Róka

Post by Róka »

StarfisherEcho wrote:Dude!

I can't take a key arrive I have no time to play. But someone tell me if this is a good game or not
So far I'm still getting used to the Champions aspect of it. Past quakes have had multiple character models, but never really unique abilities/specs (each champion has 1 passive and 1 active, both dealing with hp, armor, or speed, the 3 attributes OR some random thing like temporary invis depending on the character personality). Otherwise it's the same pure FPS as old Quake, with the exception of a few balancing issues they are aware of and trying to get more feedback on through the surveys (gauntlet is really weak, rocket launcher splash damage is off, shotgun seems to deal more damage at medium range rather than short).

It'll be free on PC - release in the Fall or tbd I think.
ImageImage
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

It's very similar too the doom multi, but faster and more quake style obviously. Really loving it because I enjoyed that so much. :thumbup: :thumbup:
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

I must admit this is my first Quake - I have a couple of beta keys left, as well.

I'm not that good but I'm having a lot of fun. I need to find time to hop on to try out the other Champions and other game modes.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Got a key! I guess they're doing another rollout. Played a single deathmatch.

- All those people complaining about wanting a ludicrous speed arena shooter got their wish. I can already hear the rage at things like respawn timers and the quad damage being visible through the walls, but motherfuckers you GOT your game. Total blast to play.

- Rocket launcher splash felt weak but I have no sense for the damage model yet obviously. Everyone is moving so fast that only a tween mainlining ritalin is going to be able to consistently land direct hits, but they will be gods.

- 95% of the out of game interface appears to be designed to facilitate purchasing in game currency, accumulating points and colors and skins and who the frak cares. I played hundreds of hours of the original Quake because it was fun not because of microtransactions and unlocks. Does anyone actually pay for that crap?

- Not sure what to think about the "champion" aspect of the whole thing. Balancing abilities could end up being a beast, and it would be funny if after a year or so everyone was playing the same few characters because they were simply best. I also haven't even scratched the surface yet so I'm just talking out of my ass.

- This thing ran smooth as butter on my outdated as crap hardware. Couldn't believe it. The only hiccup was when Windows Firewall decided to block Quake in the middle of a match (!?!?!) and I had to turn off windows firewall. GTX 780 gets another lease on life.
ImageImageImage