Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Re: Rising strm 2

Post by Gonzo »

I really think it has potential. Game drops next tuesday. Let's see if they fix the instability problems they had in the last round of Beta and then get to planning. We could start out with a funday and see who of the old guard shows up so we have a baseline and then see about recruiting once we have a campaign in the works.
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

I'll be around Tuesday after 4PM CST.
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

Just picked it up for the discount - Insanity JR has a copy too; though I'm torn about introducing him to this wild group 8O

:lol:
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

InsanityRocks wrote:Just picked it up for the discount - Insanity JR has a copy too; though I'm torn about introducing him to this wild group 8O

I'm up for the fun day! I think after it we can decide if it's worth moving forward with a proper campaign.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

InsanityRocks wrote:Just picked it up for the discount - Insanity JR has a copy too; though I'm torn about introducing him to this wild group 8O

:lol:
send lawyers, guns, and money; dad get me out of this.

I should be around.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
V_

Re: Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Post by V_ »

Started playing it for a couple hours and I'm pleasantly surprised by the depth of the system. The hardcore nature of the damage models makes map awareness important, and keeps you on your toes. I could definitely sink a bit of time in this game, perhaps even moreso than Battlefield.

As one of the younguns who never experienced a proper Commander system in BF2, I'm excited to see one here, and I think it would work great for GC. I'll be around on Saturday.
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Played a few hours last night.

Alot of 1 hit kills. Died many times. Spawn time wait is pretty short, you spend more time getting back to the action if your SL doesnt know what hes doing. A little frustrating the first 2 maps.
But after playing Verdun, I shifted my play style to cautious, kill the guy that killed your buddy.
And no medics to revive which I prefer.

Then I started sticking to a good squad.
Really important for spawning and attacking.
Spotting can be helpful.
Identifying friend or foe, takes a little getting used to. How they sprint seems to be different.

Knowing if you killed someone is a little more elusive. Tho headshots you can hear a metallic ping.
Saw someone do what looked like a BF2 dolphin dive to me.
Iron sight zoom on cement railings seems bugged to me, have the enemy sighted without visual obstructions, yet when I fire, I see impact as if I'm shooting into the railing.
Also throwing a grenade at a window at an angle. It bounced off and killed me.

Experienced a bug spawn and couldnt move (even with suicide) until the map changed.
Performance, seemed good to me. Tho I was playing in 20 ping servers.

It can be really rough if you are on a team of newbies and the other team works together.
Maps feel good. Not on rails that some BF4 infantry maps felt.
I had alot of fun once I started absorbing the battlefied and its environment.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Played a little bit, but probably need to play way more to have some better feedback, but here's what I have for now:
  • This game leans way more to the realism side of things than the arcade, IMO, so you Arma folks will probably like it.
  • Gunplay is really good, hitreg seems to be working pretty well. Hitting those one-shots with the sniper or the bolt action rifles is so satisfying.
  • Gameplay is slower than BF games, since you don't have enemy doritos to aim at and there's no minimap to quickly glance at spotted enemies. Also, mobility while ADS is lower than in BF, making the gunplay more static too.
  • There's only 2 maps right now for the Supremacy mode (Conquest), so we would definitely have to mix some Territories maps in (Rush). Hopefully they will add more maps soon-ish. This is something that worries me.
  • If you hated pubbing in BF, like me, you will hate it even more in this game. Squad leaders are crucial pieces to the squad. If your US SL is always dying, you'll have to spawn in the base all the time. Same for the VN SL, that doesn't build the tunnels.
  • The tactical potential is pretty high, armies need really good coordination for pushes, artillery, guns used, etc. Which is great for us.
  • My only big criticism is the hud, I wish it was better optimized. I can't see the flags on my screen very well, I gotta squint all the time. It would be great having an option in the menu to make them bigger. Also wish we could at least see squad mates doritos on screen, instead of having to use the bottom ruler or having to open the map.
  • And finally: TKs, Tks everywhere. :lol:
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

Guys...Im in. Picked up the game and ready for the funday tomorrow
Snappel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Snappel »

I just picked up the game as well! Looking forward to Saturday.
Sgt_Tailor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sgt_Tailor »

I've jumped the gun and bought the game, but I am looking for some people to play with as I am completely clueless. I don't find myself enjoying shooters solo too much (Overwatch being the only exception thus far). So if anybody is playing, hit me up here, in a dm or on discord (Sgt_Tailor#0124). I would love to meet you all back on the battlefield.

I've messed around in a pub game and the free play area and I'm in love with the choppers and the overall experience atm :thumbup:
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

check steam game news.vote on your RO2 map. they are checking if to add maybe in the future a ww2 map
from the RO2 game.

this is good news for GC members who liked ww2 and hated the vientam battlefield.
this is bad news for RS2:V. new content is new stuff, ans the game is lacking in content.
not this sort of BS. game is already going down in player activity, I hope the Australian update will bring back some masses.