25 Jan: Event Plan

The website front page.

Moderator: Executive

Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

25 Jan: Event Plan

Post by Gwynzer »

Next Saturday (25 Jan) will be ARMA 3: Tactical Battlefield day!
  • We'll be playing BF4 with different server settings from SBT to SBT+2.5 (tentative)
  • TacBF will consist of our regular players helping us during a large mod-wide event that will have many of the development team playing as well as a few other gaming communities taking part. (Check out how to install the mod at the bottom of this post*).
  • We'll have a core group of players sitting around the TacBF channels in Teamspeak from about SBT-1ish to help with any queries or installation issues.
****Too much text? Scroll down for a TLDR****

As you all should know by now, BF4C1 has come too an end with a victory for the Soviets. Congratulations to them and to all our participants for sticking through the battles; we hope you enjoyed playing during the campaign!

What's going to happen next saturday now that the campaign has ended?

• We've determined that BF4 is in a semi-functional state where we can play but not everyone is happy with the gameplay.
  • Lots of our members are unhappy with the weapon & vehicle balance as well as different functions of gameplay in BF4.
Because of this, we've decided to set aside a few weeks worth of Saturdays to play half-day scrimmages. During these scrims, we're going to be testing server settings. Hopefully we can hit a comfy sweet spot where almost everyone will be happy with BF4.

You probably noticed that I said HALF day scrimmages. For our first part of each Saturday, from SBT to approximately SBT+2.5, we'll be playing BF4.
For the second part, we're going to hold organized events in a number of different community suggested games to explore our options for the future of GC. We may stick with BF4, or we may try to switch to a different game, whichever our community decides best supplies the tactical semi-organized playstyle we want. Last week we tried out Planetside 2 and had a pretty good time. This week we are taking a look at the Tactical Battlefield Mod for ARMA3

How you can help!

For our BF4 scrimmages, we need suggestions as too what server settings to tweak! Please use this thread to make suggestions for us; be the guiding arrow and help us decide the future of BF4.
  • TLDR:
  • The campaign ended in favour of the soviets, congrats!
  • Subsequent Saturdays will be split between BF4 scrim days and organized other games.
  • Suggest BF4 server settings for us to try tweaking; we want to improve the gameplay for everyone.
  • Get involved with other games. You are the voice of the future for GC and we want to hear what you want to play (BF4 is still a possibility).

***CLICK HERE TO FIND THE NECESSARY FILES FOR TACBF AND HOW TO INSTALL THEM***
WHAT IT TACBF?
-----
Fields originally wrote most of this here in the supporting members forum last week.
Last edited by Gwynzer on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: 25 Jan: Event Plan

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Still haven't convinced myself buying arma 3 would be worth my time. I'll watch some vids though over the next few days and think about it.

On a side note, I would be willing to help out in any way with a potential RO2/RS day if there is any help needed on that front. Assuming of course that that is still a potential game we might try out.
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Make 80% health come back to GC!
People say we play with 100% hp now cuz you kill/die faster in BF 4 but basically everyone dies instantly nowadays so why not go back to our beloved 80% hp.

Komrad snipx0r Hgx :thumbup:
Madsgyver
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Madsgyver »

Cool. What server settings will be tested?
Hgx wrote:Make 80% health come back to GC!
People say we play with 100% hp now cuz you kill/die faster in BF 4 but basically everyone dies instantly nowadays so why not go back to our beloved 80% hp.
I agree that the difference between 80% and 100% wouldn't be very noticeable in BF4, but changing it to 80% might spook some potential new players. I know that was the case for some friends I tried to recuit in C5 and C6 in BF3, people think it's too close to hardcore TTK.

80% would make sniping a lot easier for bodyshot heroes like me though! :D
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Madsgyver wrote: 80% would make sniping a lot easier for bodyshot heroes like me though! :D
Don't let them know about it!
That's my whole plan all along.
Ishimel

Post by Ishimel »

Finally caved in and payed up 60 dollars for ARMA 3, ill be seeing you guys tommorow.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

That's great Ishimel! :thumbup:

I would also like to encourage anybody who has the ability to record, to do so tomorrow, if we could dish out a vid of us playing TacBF it would be awesome! 8)
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

I have just installed a second GFX card so I'll hopefully set up shadowplay and record most of the battleday. Then I'll put the footage onto a memory stick and send it to you all by pigeon because it's faster than uploading it with my internet :P
the end is really fµcking nigh
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Tea-Assault wrote:I have just installed a second GFX card so I'll hopefully set up shadowplay and record most of the battleday. Then I'll put the footage onto a memory stick and send it to you all by pigeon because it's faster than uploading it with my internet :P
RFC 1194?
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

Unfortunately the servers were maxed out so I couldn't get in :(
the end is really fµcking nigh
cloon

Post by cloon »

Madsgyver wrote:Cool. What server settings will be tested?
Hgx wrote:Make 80% health come back to GC!
I agree that the difference between 80% and 100% wouldn't be very noticeable in BF4, but changing it to 80% might spook some potential new players. I know that was the case for some friends I tried to recuit in C5 and C6 in BF3, people think it's too close to hardcore TTK.

80% would make sniping a lot easier for bodyshot heroes like me though! :D
80% health isnt a great TTK difference for rifles but a huge difference for splash based weapons. The mini grenades would become ridiculously overpowered and STAFF shell would become not only the best anti tank loadout but also the best anti infantry loadout (at 80% health 1 STAFF shell kills everything in a 4.5 meter radius)
But it doesnt stop there, Sabot shells would 1 splash kill too wich would pretty much render all the other shells useless. LAV AP, HE and Zunis would splashkill faster. The MAA would turn into a infantry rape mashine with 30mm and Zunis even more so than it already is.

80% only seems like a buff to boltactions but in fact its a HUGE nerf to them since no team could ever afford to run boltaction recons when vehicles become that strong.