GC Squad Tourney #5 - The winner is... BIG FIELDS OF D!!!

The website front page.

Moderator: Executive

o1oo1
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC Squad Tourney #5. Random Teams! New poll: Game Modes

Post by o1oo1 »

totally should play obliteration
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

I always liked the squad rush tournies we did. They were really goal- oriented and always seemed to come down to those clutch moments. They also don't need as much preperation as conquest to play a proper round, imo.
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

I hate that they removed Squad Rush, so... GO DEFUSE! k:
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Hgx wrote:I hate that they removed Squad Rush, so... GO DEFUSE! k:
Wait a minute.. THERES NO SQUAD RUSH???
Image[/url]
Nix

Post by Nix »

You're late.
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Well...

With that in mind, I change my vote from Rush to Defuse. If anyone else would like to do that, please let me know.
Image[/url]
Nix

Post by Nix »

phpBB [video]
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

After looking up information on the Defuse mode, it looks like it's a lot of fun. One life only should make for some really intense plays.

One question. Would it even be possible to play a variation of Rush with just a 5v5? Do the smaller versions of each map support it by any chance? Or is the map still too massive?
Image[/url]
Ishimel

Post by Ishimel »

I would like to play obliteration mode but that wasn't on the poll, so ill say it here.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

haruky wrote:One question. Would it even be possible to play a variation of Rush with just a 5v5? Do the smaller versions of each map support it by any chance? Or is the map still too massive?
The M-COM timer in the regular Rush mode is considerably shorter than in Defuse/Squad Rush. This wouldn't allow the defenders enough time to respond after a squad wipe.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

RazY70 wrote:
haruky wrote:One question. Would it even be possible to play a variation of Rush with just a 5v5? Do the smaller versions of each map support it by any chance? Or is the map still too massive?
The M-COM timer in the regular Rush mode is considerably shorter than in Defuse/Squad Rush. This wouldn't allow the defenders enough time to respond after a squad wipe.
Is that the only difference? What about the map sizes?
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC Squad Tourney #5. TEAMS ANNOUNCED! DEFUSE!

Post by haruky »

The poll has ended with Defuse winning 14 votes! We will be playing DEFUSE for the GC Squad Tournament!

If you check the OP, you'll also notice it has changed a bit. We now have the brackets up and running along with the team members & team names. If you do not like the team names that I made up, please discuss changing it with your group and I'll get that changed for you!

Secondly, the tournament will most likely be THIS Saturday (6/14)! This is going to be the case unless there are a lot of people that will be unable to make it. In that case, we'll go ahead and move it to another time. The Saturday after this Saturday, I will be unable to attend, however.

Thirdly, maps. The maps will most likely be played on the Vanilla maps. The map choices are shown on the brackets.

However, if anyone disagrees vehemently with the map choices, please let me know and I can get those changed or even put up a poll. The maps were chosen from ESL's map pool.

I hope all this new information got you guys excited for the event! I'm looking forward to it!
Image[/url]
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC Squad Tourney #5 - 6/14/14!. TEAMS ANNOUNCED! DEFUSE!

Post by Bock »

I'd suggest dividing into 8 teams. Then we could play six vs six with a reserve on each team (chances are not everyone will be super available the whole day). As a bonus, a bracket with 8 teams doesn't need weird byes and/or playins. Plus I wanna reroll teams because Loa is everything that is wrong with the world.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

YES!

Go my team, go defuse! k:Bravo: k:Bravo: k: :D
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Bock wrote:I'd suggest dividing into 8 teams. Then we could play six vs six with a reserve on each team (chances are not everyone will be super available the whole day). As a bonus, a bracket with 8 teams doesn't need weird byes and/or playins. Plus I wanna reroll teams because Loa is everything that is wrong with the world.
I also considered changing up the number of people per team, but ended up sticking with the 5v5 since that's just how the squads are set up in BF4. If there is anyone else that'd like to comment on the number of players per team, please let me know.

I do agree that my biggest worry is that people won't show up and we'll have a lot of holes within each team. Having a reserve on each team would give us some more breathing room in the event that people don't show up.. however, I do have a contingency plan if we were to stay on track.

Assuming multiple teams have holes in it, I may just close down a team and merge them if need be. I also expect a lot of people showing up on TS that day that haven't signed up. Those people can also fill in the gaps as well.

We usually have decent attendance for the tourneys if memory serves correctly.
Image[/url]