GC Squad Tourney #5 - The winner is... BIG FIELDS OF D!!!

The website front page.

Moderator: Executive

Guardian

Re: GC Squad Tourney #5 - 6/14/14!. Any interest in mixed mo

Post by Guardian »

Sounds like a ton of fun but I have work all Saturday and maybe even Sunday :'(.

Having responsibilities outside of GC sucks...haha.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC Squad Tourney #5 - 6/14/14!. TEAMS ANNOUNCED! NEW POL

Post by Necromancer »

Fly_Guy16 wrote:As someone who loves CS I think this mode is perfect for a tournament.
Also 5 V 5 would be best (Just like in CS). 8 V 8 is way too much for defuse anyway.
Why aren't you playing this mode in BF4 if its so much fun?
I'm not sure if you noticed but this game is quite different from CS,
Voting for it because it works in a completely different game?
Well…
there is a reason why nobody playing defuse.
Personally I find this game rage inducing, and I would hate to die and loose the tourney just because BF4 WTF moment. And unfortunately this game has plenty of those. This is not CS.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Fly_Guy16

Post by Fly_Guy16 »

I never said it was fun. I just said it's probably the best gamemode for a Tournament.
The next best thing would be Domination since all the other gamemodes are just too big for 10 or 16 players.
This isn't the signature you are looking for.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

what the point of playing that tournament if its ain't fun? :?
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Alright guys, let's get back on topic.

I'm seriously considering throwing mixed mode in there. We had a ton of votes for Rush and Conquest throughout the voting period. I'm not sure how well Rush would work with a small number of people, but I may just throw in Rush mode.

I'll take a poll during the day of the tournament and see what people think. Don't really think throwing up a poll the day before the tourney will garner a lot of votes.

Anyway, THANK YOU ALL FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE VOTING PROCESS. The tourney is just one day away!

We have a couple of volunteers for casting already! Fields has volunteered and Robawillis has volunteered as well. I may also do some casting myself!

If there is anyone out there that would like to join in with the casting, please notify me!
Image[/url]
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

I was hoping to bring lord_aggo for this tournament as he missed the campaign due to RL but unfortunately we are celebrating his brother's bday so we wont be able to make. Good luck and have fun to the rest!
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
acapzz

Post by acapzz »

isnt conquest a little too big for 5v5? and defuse is so crap we better not play it
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

acapzz wrote:isnt conquest a little too big for 5v5? and defuse is so crap we better not play it
In regards to defuse, the people voted for it and it's what we will go for. If it turns out that defuse is absolute garbage after the first round of eliminations, we will take a look at changing game modes.

If you have any suggestions on what to play please comment here.
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

As I said before, we will have this casted live as the tournament happens. So far, I have two people who have expressed interest in casting.

Fields & Robawillis.

With that said, is there anyone else who would like to cast the games live by any chance?
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC Squad Tourney #5 - TOMORROW @SBT! Any Casters??

Post by haruky »

This is happening in about 3 hours folks!

If, when we start, we don't have the player numbers, we may have to reschedule or cancel all together depending on the outlook of things. I'd really appreciate it if all of you show up on TS!
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC Squad Tourney #5 - HAPPENING... NOW!!!

Post by haruky »

We've got 20 minutes till launch! Come on in and join the fun!
Image[/url]
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

I think this is the first squad tournament I played as part of an actual team. I had a lot of fun! Thank you Haruky and the broadcast team for hosting it! I look forward to future tournaments!

As an aside, if we weren't already, I think we should ask for volunteers to broadcast/commentate tournaments beforehand. Corran did a brilliant job and we had Rob, Star, Haruky covering after he left, but when Haruky was playing we missed a few rounds as no one else was available. I believe Corran just happened to get on TS and wasn't originally planned to stream. Haruky is already busy trying to organize the rounds, so I imagine it's hard for him to do streaming as well. I don't know what the circumstances were, but it would be nice to try and schedule streamers/commentators ahead of time. Just a thought.
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

GGs everyone :D

Defuse actually worked great, at least IMO. It was a lot of fun with some insanely tense moments. I had fun casting but I agree with zorplex that we should get more people together and in the rotation. I know haruky tried to rally the casters, but not too many answered the call. Come on guys, it's a lot of fun! Next time around take a stab at it.
ImageImageImage
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC Squad Tourney #5 - The winner is... BIG FIELDS OF D!!

Post by haruky »

Hi everyone!

Thank you all so much for participating! We had a really intense last few rounds and it was an absolute blast to watch the two teams duke it out.

The Blue Heinis managed to push up from the loser's bracket all the way up to the undefeated Big Fields of D. Unfortunately, they lost in the last match-up on Zavod 311. It was very well played by both teams and was a lot of fun to witness!

I want to thank Rob, Starfisher, Corranhorn, and TheOne for helping me today! You guys made this possible and I really do appreciate it! I couldn't have done this without you guys. Seriously. Thank you so much!

Secondly, I really appreciate people's patience during today's tournament. We had some trouble in the beginning and some trouble during bits of it, but a lot of you hung in there and sat tight. Thanks for not getting super irritable and angry at me! I know not everything goes smoothly all the time, but your patience really makes the difficulties a lot more bearable.

Again, thank you everyone for showing up!

Team Big Fields of D, please claim your prizes via PM!!
Image[/url]
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC Squad Tourney #5 - The winner is... BIG FIELDS OF D!!

Post by Bock »

Thanks for organizing this, Haruky! I could only make it for a few rounds, but it was fun. Especially seeing Sloth just nope out of there in the clutch situation to go hide in a container. :lol: :lol: :lol:
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt