Moderator: Executive

o1oo1
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Battlefield 4 C2 Feedback survey

Post by o1oo1 »

Hey i figured we could use some feedback for the next campaign:

SURVEY

Anything else you would like to add post here. I think weapon bans definitely need addressing since a lot of weapons were fixed.

E: i've been asked by the powers that be to not make the results public. They will be published later on
you can view the responses so far here : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rAsidn ... hanalytics
Last edited by o1oo1 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Battlefield 4 C2 Feedback survey

Post by Necromancer »

I didn't see that "a lot of weapons" were fixed. the air-mine is the only weapon that was properly fixed.

Survey too long.
Let me tell ya what i noticed:
maps:
- Guilin peaks vehicle and infantry only versions are the same. Remove one of the versions.
- Remove Lancang Dam 32v, the map is just too small for the boat.

Risk:
- Use the last map for RISK, the connections and theater bonus are better then in previous maps.
- The purpose of RISK cards/market/other system is to advance/evolve the game, if you have counter cards/operations like block/destroy cards (blocking paradrop or destroying FOBs), the price of the counter needs to be higher then the price of the card that actually advances the RISK game. Otherwise they just cancel each other out and have no impact on the RISK metagame, as we saw this campaign, again.
- Add some sort of fog-of-war / fake divisions, the revealed map is just too easy and straight forward. need more uncertainty.

Littlebird:
- Require the little bird crew to equip the same countermeasure as the pilot.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
lakefisher1

Post by lakefisher1 »

Necromancer wrote:I didn't see that "a lot of weapons" were fixed. the air-mine is the only weapon that was properly fixed.

Survey too long.
Let me tell ya what i noticed:
maps:
- Guilin peaks vehicle and infantry only versions are the same. Remove one of the versions.
- Remove Lancang Dam 32v, the map is just too small for the boat.

Risk:
- Use the last map for RISK, the connections and theater bonus are better then in previous maps.
- The purpose of RISK cards/market/other system is to advance/evolve the game, if you have counter cards/operations like block/destroy cards (blocking paradrop or destroying FOBs), the price of the counter needs to be higher then the price of the card that actually advances the RISK game. Otherwise they just cancel each other out and have no impact on the RISK metagame, as we saw this campaign, again.
- Add some sort of fog-of-war / fake divisions, the revealed map is just too easy and straight forward. need more uncertainty.
I completely agree with this
Follow us @gc_org and help support our community!
o1oo1
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by o1oo1 »

They fixed the javelin , no longer can do multi rockets
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

that wasn't an issue.
SRAW had same issue and wasn't banned.
As a matter of fact i think it was considered a fairly balanced mechanic as you had to stay in the open longer to make 2-3 rocket hits. High risk high reward.

DICE balance this game for pub play, not for organized one. Active radar is the obvious example.
and its pretty badly balanced for pub too.

ps. i heard ESL banned all but 5 vanilla assault rifles. does it mean we should do it too? :idea:
ZebraPeps
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZebraPeps »

Necromancer wrote:...ps. i heard ESL banned all but 5 vanilla assault rifles. does it mean we should do it too? :idea:
No, no and no. Big part of GC funrate is being able to use whatever weapon of choice for the day/battle. What ESL is doing with all those weapon bans and how it will effect the comp scene there will be interesting to follow... but, just do not bring that into GC.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

ZebraPeps wrote:
Necromancer wrote:...ps. i heard ESL banned all but 5 vanilla assault rifles. does it mean we should do it too? :idea:
No, no and no. Big part of GC funrate is being able to use whatever weapon of choice for the day/battle. What ESL is doing with all those weapon bans and how it will effect the comp scene there will be interesting to follow... but, just do not bring that into GC.
who cares about 5v5 infantry anyway?
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Increase the respawn time by 5 seconds
Sao
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sao »

Necromancer wrote:Increase the respawn time by 5 seconds
Completely agree. Also increase the revive timer. With less medocs around it is needed.
Fhardervig

Post by Fhardervig »

Sao wrote:
Necromancer wrote:Increase the respawn time by 5 seconds
Completely agree. Also increase the revive timer. With less medocs around it is needed.
Agree on this one too. Also, I think the banned weapons looks fine, but could we add the MP-APS? It really fucks up armored combat on the more linear maps since a tank can just sit behind it for at round (yes, you can take it out with a sniper rifle, but it'll probably get replaced in 3 seconds, which sucks)
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

unless DICE added a variable in one of the patches since i checked, its impossible to change the revive time. Its hardcoded to 10 seconds.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Yeah, BF4 doesn't have a seperate "man down" time as far as I'm aware. Revive can't be sorted :(
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Gwynzer wrote:Yeah, BF4 doesn't have a seperate "man down" time as far as I'm aware. Revive can't be sorted :(
yeah, at least they are looking into fixing the "vars.unlockmode all" stuff (apparently they did not know it did not work...)
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Jokerle wrote:
Gwynzer wrote:Yeah, BF4 doesn't have a seperate "man down" time as far as I'm aware. Revive can't be sorted :(
yeah, at least they are looking into fixing the "vars.unlockmode all" stuff (apparently they did not know it did not work...)
ha

hahaha

we told them about this in like november. a bunch of GC people complained about it in the BL forums and got a response from it. then nothing happened. what a joke.

as to server settings we can play with, there is no man down time setting. we can however edit the respawn time, damage, health, vehicle respawn time, ticket amounts, bleed rates, time limits, mag reloading, and a few other things if anyone has any other ideas.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
dimka11

Post by dimka11 »

Necromancer wrote:
Littlebird:
- Require the little bird crew to equip the same countermeasure as the pilot.
It will kill teamplay in scout