Announcing Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Campaign!

The website front page.

Moderator: Executive

mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Announcing Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Campaign!

Post by mrBLUE9 »

It's with pleasure that we announce that GC will host a Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Campaign!

Feedback from you guys has been quite positive, so we decided to move on to planning a campaign with this new game. It's important to notice that the campaign system is still in the works, it will probable be posted, before being finalized, for you guys to give some feedback. Also, this will be a sort of "beta campaign" for this game, since we are venturing into new waters, we also want to keep the campaign simple and compact. Next campaign, depending on numbers, will get the regular GC treatment.

We want to get things underway, so we made a poll to know if there's any people interested in being a General or being part of High Command, for this campaign we will have just two people being part of High Command. Stay tuned for more news about player signup and draft.

RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Announcing Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Campaign!

Post by RazY70 »

Should be interesting
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

cool stuffs! let's do this shiiiiet!! :thumbup:
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
jevs

Post by jevs »

Nice, ETA?
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

ETA still to be handled. it will depend on how our selected Generals feel :)
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

I sadly will be too busy to be volunteer to help out with HC, however if you need anyone to help out with organising just give me a shout
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

dan1mall wrote:I sadly will be too busy to be volunteer to help out with HC, however if you need anyone to help out with organising just give me a shout
k:sorry:
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

Probably it's better to wait for July/August patches anyways which hopefully will even fix some SDK flaws ... so it might be even possible to revamp some RSTE Pacific custom maps ... atm the map editor is too crappy IMHO to make completly working maps ... sadly the Trello roadmap doesn't give me any clues about SDK fixes :cry:

A thought about a campaign: i guess because of asynchronous balance we might play two halves - switching sides not for battles but after a half of campaign ... which might even suit armies training better ... what do you think?
C11SCUM - Mandy
C12Panzerarmee Afrika Leutnant
C13 Neutral -Mercs
PR Team
-inactive- No BF modding = not buying - FUEA
B.I.A. for RS2V ?!?
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

The problem with that is that if one side end up being better than the other (although it doesn't feel it atm), then which ever army starts with the more powerful faction will walk a campaign within the first half.
Th30ne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Th30ne »

If you need an HC or General then im up for it!

Buying the game tonight :D
“‘In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.”
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

I don't know if anyone hasn't done it yet, but if you want to stop typing T and have tactical view always on:

before you do that or after go into the game and in HUD settings take off the toggle tactical view.
that means in game once pressed it would stick foreva...after you follow these steps:

go to the game folder in "my games" under "my documents",
then go to "game.ini" under the "ROGame" folder.
open it in notes and ctrl+f for "tactical". go down to the time stamp (max set at 10 secs) and just move the .(dot)
to have countless hours without the fade in of the tactical view from screen/HUD.
10.000000 -> 100000000.000000

now if you go in game and temper with the time limit of fade in to max 10 secs again, you'll need to go
and to that in the ini file all over again to reset it back to always stay.
V_

Post by V_ »

Is the ball still rolling on this? I have limited availability until September anyway, but last I heard we were supposed to have generals by now.
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Expect something very soon. I've been sitting on an announcement for a few days but I'm needing the :thumbup: from the people involved and they've been busy this week :roll:

Given the delays so far blackice, at least it looks like the campaign will fit in with your schedule :P

Digz: You are a god send. There's the "toggle" tactical view feature but that only seems to work when it feels like it. Bloody annoying.
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

Gwynzer wrote:Expect something very soon. I've been sitting on an announcement for a few days but I'm needing the :thumbup: from the people involved and they've been busy this week :roll:

Given the delays so far blackice, at least it looks like the campaign will fit in with your schedule :P

Digz: You are a god send. There's the "toggle" tactical view feature but that only seems to work when it feels like it. Bloody annoying.
btw if you want it to keep working I found out you have to mark the file "read only" and save! so when the game relaunches it won't override your changes. and it doesn't work when it feels like it..a lot of things can be edited in server settings, and these can vary..

regarding the new Campaign and money issues I think due the massive fade out since...
long time (BF3?), we're going about both things the wrong way. the opposite, like old times. thinking you can post and people will see and enlist and donate?

NOPE. we're ran out of humans too. I think another Reddit/twitch/RO forums/whatever advertising is needed.
first because ran out of money and we want to have a campaign. 2nd it's a new game but got a hardcore base of veteran players too who get the kicks of organized team play anyhow. you can hear this yourself when you have Voip on good team matches.
Last edited by Digz on Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

sorry double posted