Server information

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Re: Server information

Post by Ash2Dust »

Until recently, GGC were actively showing everyone's 32 character PB GUID. GGC does not seem to have any vetting of admins or streaming requirements. Just register on their forum! They allow everyone (including hackers) to stream. This has led to fake bans being streamed into their data base several times over the years including recently. They dont appear to have much quality control other than delete the problem and hope it goes away.

I prefer PBBans requiring their streaming admins and clans not be hackers past or present. Not allowing Cracked servers to stream. Etc, etc.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1734/fakesz.jpg
Last edited by Ash2Dust on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Ash2Dust wrote:Until recently, GGC were actively showing everyone's 32 character PB GUID. GGC does not seem to have any vetting of admins or streaming requirements. Just register on their forum! They allow everyone (including hackers) to stream. This has led to fake bans being streamed into their data base several times over the years including recently. They dont appear to have much quality control other than delete the problem and hope it goes away.

I prefer PBBans requiring their streaming clans not be hackers past or present. Not allowing Cracked servers to stream. Etc, etc.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1734/fakesz.jpg

Well, when you look at who did it, I'm not surprised.

I've also been hearing rumor of hackers using a spoofed GUID, and causing other players to get banned when they get caught cheating.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

So far those rumors are pointing back to GGC and fakebans being streamed to them. Even a recent GGC ban of an Admin of Battlelog forums that was fake streamed. Its a repeat over the years with GGC 2008, 2011, 2012. I really dont have much faith in GGC's ban database.

Not saying something else can be going on in addition to this, just havent heard of anything else.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

So far PBBans still hasnt been hit since the original 2008 attack.
GGC appears to still does not have it together.

http://bf3blog.com/2012/01/battlefield- ... oit-fixed/
Zaitsev Jr.

Post by Zaitsev Jr. »

GGC are the Nazi's of all anti-cheat communities, best not to bother with them ...

I did like the "image" of servers having PBBans or GGC in their name, but truth is ... if Punkbuster/Evenbalance doesn't detect a cheat, they won't either ... and PB is just slowly stepping up to the plate of BF3 ... but so far, with a little help from their friends at EA, one hack site after another bites the dust, more to come. ;)

however ... and i have seen this live ...

If an abusive admin bans or concocts a fake PB ban on a server streaming GGC , they (GGC) are more than willing to spread that ban to all other servers on their tab, no questions asked ... and yeah, they act like Chinese government officials ...

I mentioned a few weeks ago PBbans does not want to collaborate with them ... didn't I ?

Nuff said ;)
I am only responsible for what i write,
not what you understand.
C9:ImageC10:ImageC13:Image
RampantPanda65

Post by RampantPanda65 »

I've tried finding the EU server but nothing comes up. I've tried copying the name but it just says it has found no servers...
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

Make sure you don't have any filters on and try searching for just global.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

RampantPanda65 wrote:I've tried finding the EU server but nothing comes up. I've tried copying the name but it just says it has found no servers...
I find the server so I would say its not issue... Do you clear all your filters? This should be examined in case we're screwing up...
RampantPanda65

Post by RampantPanda65 »

Never mind, I forgot to take off ranked... Fail...
Zaitsev Jr.

Post by Zaitsev Jr. »

Inappropriate spam.

-edited by Ash.
I am only responsible for what i write,
not what you understand.
C9:ImageC10:ImageC13:Image
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Multiplay NA server location has been switched to Chicago. Battlelog link remains the same.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Chicago server let go due to performance.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

First post updated with NFO NY server info as well as the Portal's gametracker.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Since mrBLUE9 constantly has horrible ping on the EU server the server has been moved to Holland. :P

Post your feedback on performance here the Day after tomorrow.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

.Sup wrote:Since mrBLUE9 constantly has horrible ping on the EU server the server has been moved to Holland. :P

Post your feedback on performance here the Day after tomorrow.
Waaaaat, did you guys changed the server because of me? I have no words, I love you guuys! :D

Just doing the tracert now and I'm back to my old ping! :D That means I'm back to the beautiful Europa! :lol: