Well that didn't take long :(

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Well that didn't take long :(

Post by RazY70 »

I hope the new FairFight anti-cheat engine alongside PB will do a little better job at sniffing out cheaters (although I'm not holding my breath)
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Well that didn't take long :(

Post by Jokerle »

for an open beta 8O ...t.h.e...f.u.c.k. is wrong with people?
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

This world needs to burn.
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Think there's no anti-cheat on during the beta, so I guess we'll just have to deal with it. Hacks in BF4 is not going to be any problem, just like BF3.
Nix

Post by Nix »

LoA wrote:Think there's no anti-cheat on during the beta, so I guess we'll just have to deal with it. Hacks in BF4 is not going to be any problem, just like BF3.
Some servers have Punkbuster and some don't.
Stay off the ones that don't.
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

1. Not sure why you guys are surprised. All they had to do was port their BF3 hacks too the new game. :P

2. This is a GOOD thing. Hacking during the beta/alpha will give EA/DICE a chance to observe the hacks as they evolve and are designed, to hopefully patch loopholes and improve anti-cheats post-release. That is, if they're paying attention.
V_

Post by V_ »

Fields wrote:That is, if they're paying attention.
Aw man... It's never going to happen now... :cry:
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

it's a modern FPS game, I'm really not surprised and agree with fields. You're never not going to have someone cheating with a current major title, even as early as the beta/demo.

Everyone bitches about it with reason, but frankly it's basically a fact of the game at this point, so lets just continue to have fun where there aren't hackers and go on with our lives. I personally haven't even seen someone blatantly hacking yet so it's obviously not a huge huge issue yet.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

The aimbot battles of AA hacks I experienced along with bugs during beta BFBC2 is why I took about a year to buy that game on sale. Even seeing blatant hackers with several hundred keys getting busted. I loved BFBC2V when that came out and good admins on the servers I played, took time to examine and ban when it was obvious to multiple people examining data. Hence the need for 3rd parties such as PBBans and even GGC. I even bought BF3 with the rush of hackers in BF3 beta (they have nothing to lose cause its free) because BF3 beta was fun.

Dice advertised for 1 anti hacker job opening the last melt down during BF3 retail (about year ago) to do deal with the hacks. Seriously 1 position? Overall, Evenbalance has done a decent job with the tools Dice has provided and EA dictates. Nothing is perfect, but at least theres history that we can examine be and prejudice about that Dice/EA wont.

Hopefully Dice/EA take the hacker situation seriously this time around because my experience of their history is that we will see a huge flood of hackers before BF4 goes live.

Disclaimer, this is not an official comment of from GC. Just my individual experience and frustration.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

first time i played yesterday, already bumped into some fishy players.
amazing! insta-killed both me and my friend with a pistol half way across the map in less then one second apart. Now thats what i call skill. Or...?
phpBB [video]
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Re hacks: i got shot yesterday being alone inside of one of the skyscraper elevaters with the doors closed...
ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZombieToof »

sushi wrote:Re hacks: i got shot yesterday being alone inside of one of the skyscraper elevaters with the doors closed...
That happened to me too. Probably a failure in the map, or even intended map design. In my case the end of the muzzle stuck through the door.

Beside that it's hard to suspect other players with 30 FPS dropping to <10 quite often, I don't see them that as a major problem. I've seen ~10 stupidly obvious hackers during the last month and was quite successful reporting them. There will have been much more less stupid ones, but they didn't kill the fun.
And I was very pleased when I joined TDM a month ago and PB dropped hackers like flies for using aimbots, 1 - 3 per round. I'm happy they improve their heuristics. Of cause hackers adapt to that quickly and wait for the next version of the hack. But they hardly change how good or bad I do. Other than joining a 64 man server with 5 symthic guys in the other team. That's devastating :)
…I'm made of mountains, made of metal, made of whiskey, and waves! You won't believe your own breath, when the bold words finally escape your mouth. Keep your secrets hidden, till we're certain of just what we've found. Yeah, they bleed just like us, but our calling is what shapes us now. We won't be held back, won't be tied up, we won't be pinned down. Not now. Astronautalis: "Dimitri Mendeleev"