Re: All aboard the BF5 hype train

Post by Fanne »

:?
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Game's pretty dope though, a historic BF again which is very well executed. Environments and the atmosphere is so much better than BF4. Actually feels like it's war.

Anyone else try operations yet? That's probably gonna be a lot of fun in organized play, at least some maps. Can get a bit clusterfucky on a few maps though.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

That's what hurts the most, the game is looking pretty good and could potentially be a great addition to organized play. Then EA goes and screw up private servers. I really, really hope they will release the servers in a way we can adopt BF1. :-|
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

I think we'll figure it out some way, as long as we can rent a server. :lol:
Róka

Post by Róka »

Agreed. game is gucci
operations deffo fave, but really only with 40 not 64. maybe it will be okay 64 with GC
ImageImage
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

lulz incoming:
Hello Battlefield Community,

We’d like to share a bit more information about the Rental Server program, coming this November.
As you know, Rental Servers for PS4 and Xbox One have gone through EA. Now with Rental Servers going through EA, there’s quite a lot of questions. Let’s answer some now:

How much will it cost?

PC
1 day: $2.99
7 days: $11.99
30 days: $42.99
90 days: $99.99
180 days: $149.99

PLAYSTATION® 4 / XBOX ONE
1 day: $1.99
7 days: $7.99
30 days: $26.99
90 days: $64.99
180 days: $99.99
When will the Rental Server Program Launch?
We’re excited to bring RSP to Battlefield 1 this November.

What types of features can I expect?
The biggest question, of course. We will update this thread tomorrow with some of the features you will have in the RSP.
Note: One of the top requested features if the Kick/Ban feature. We hear you and are working on rolling that out after the launch of the RSP.

Thank you for your continued patience and stay tuned for more information regarding the Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program.

The Teams at EA/DICE
so, servers will be cheaper than they were in the past (we were paying roughly $90/month from NFO). too bad they won't even have kick/ban at launch of the rental program.

if we can't even kick/ban, then there's basically no hope for any of the other tools we need. G fraking G.

supposedly more info tomorrow, will post that here as well.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Post by Ghoul »

If we can password the server, set maplist and restart rounds at a minimum I think we can work with it for battle days.

I'm still not going to buy it till we know.

BF3C3 • DARK • Sergeant
BF3C4 • Gladius • Sergeant
BF3C5 • Legion of Doom • General / Lord
^^^cause the only way I can get medals is to give them to myself^^^
BF3C6 • IMF • PFC
BF4C1 • Allies • Corporal
BF4C2 • 9th MEU • Sergeant First Class
BF4C3 • Lucky Number Seven • Chief Warrant Officer
BF4C4 • SAD • Private
BF4C5 • EVIL • 2nd Class Minion
BF4C6 •TCF • Made Man
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

So if you can't even kick/ban anyone, let alone run any server scripts or use adminning tools then why in the world would anyone ever pay for them?
"fraking game mechanics"
Róka

Post by Róka »

Divine-Sneaker wrote:So if you can't even kick/ban anyone, let alone run any server scripts or use adminning tools then why in the world would anyone ever pay for them?
Because there are some people in the world that somehow find a reason to spend money that way without realizing how pointless it is. :cry:
ImageImage
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

next they start their own campaign for a monthly payment - I'll bet on it :cry:
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

Why do the servers feel like some kind of board meeting happened with some out of touch grey beards. They heard that some pubbies are upset with admins kicking them so said "No admins on any servers ever. We will control all servers." Then after the beta went "But that's expensive so we'll let players buy them." and patted themselves on the back.

Then that thread went up on the BF1 forum with a lot of people asking for admin and control. "Oh dear, people want control and we can't give it to them. Fix it at some point in the future! Champagne all round!"

It's like EA/DICE never realised why people have servers (aside from some admin's power lust) or what they want from private servers until the community spelt it out in their faces. Plus, they seemed to have forgotten completely about the comp scene.

It confuses me.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Ghoul wrote:If we can password the server, set maplist and restart rounds at a minimum I think we can work with it for battle days.

I'm still not going to buy it till we know.
I feel safe in saying that a general map rotation and server passwords will be available upon the launch of the program on Nov 1. this basically puts it on par with BF4 server controls on consoles. restarting rounds and hot-swapping to maps within that rotation, on the other hand, was not possible on BF4 console servers ever, and if we're not even going to be able to kick/ban at the start of their rental program I find it highly unlikely we'll have any control over anything not on the server info page in the tables on the bottom half of the linked image. I also worry that, like on consoles, there's going to be no tools to change settings while in game, thus meaning we'd likely have to have a TA sitting out of the server but on the server settings page in order to change anything, which sucks.

again, more info is supposed to come today (though it'll likely be incomplete given the 100+ questions people had) and I'm keeping my eye on things. but given the myriad of other issues that have become apparent from looking at the forums, I agree that it's safely a non-purchase until the server info is released.

also a reminder that the BF1 forum's posting access is lost to everyone who doesn't own the game on Friday. supposedly the CM is going to make a new forum for people like myself who won't buy the game until more detailed server info is given that still has posting access so we can continue to ask questions/discuss things.

----------

and just so everyone looking at this forum is clear, if we can't restart rounds on command the game cannot be used in our environment. it's a required control in order for us to keep timings for live rounds and still move through a reasonable number of maps per day. we can work around other limitations to an extent via the campaign system and a few other things that we could adapt to whatever server controls we are given, but without at will round restarts we don't have a level of control that is required for us to utilize the game.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

and for the first post with a lack of info:
UPDATE 1:

What types of features can I expect?
Among many other settings, players renting servers will be able to adjust:
ticket count
bullet damage
modes
weapons
maps

More info to come!
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

What's up with the PC prices relative to Console ones? 8O
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

RazY70 wrote:What's up with the PC prices relative to Console ones? 8O
no official info, but I'm guessing it potentially has to do with PC servers running at a better tickrate than console servers (30/45 vs 60 hz for console vs PC is what I'm generally seeing, but no actual proof of it thus far), thus requiring more bandwidth and stronger servers. but that is an assumption so don't take it as gospel.