All aboard the BF5 hype train

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: All aboard the BF5 hype train

Post by RazY70 »

matsif wrote: no official info, but I'm guessing it potentially has to do with PC servers running at a better tickrate than console servers (30/45 vs 60 hz for console vs PC is what I'm generally seeing, but no actual proof of it thus far), thus requiring more bandwidth and stronger servers. but that is an assumption so don't take it as gospel.
That's probably part of it. But I checked i3D BF4 pricing and going from 30 to 60hz increase the cost per slot by about 20%
CrookedBarrel

Post by CrookedBarrel »

Welp. Launch is just same 'ol same 'ol; People are reporting terrible performance, "Game Ready" driver issues, crashes midgame, and COD kiddies not PTFOing(Guess which class they're playing).

Ain't no way I'm paying over €100 for this kind of shitshow again.
Mack

Post by Mack »

DL regular @70% will see, ordered here http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/battlefield-1-pc-origin €41.69 EUR
Róka

Post by Róka »

CrookedBarrel wrote:Welp. Launch is just same 'ol same 'ol; People are reporting terrible performance, "Game Ready" driver issues, crashes midgame, and COD kiddies not PTFOing(Guess which class they're playing).

Ain't no way I'm paying over €100 for this kind of shitshow again.
I haven't noticed any of that except a little lack of PTFO - but that's always going to happen in pubbies - and even then, it's a lot more PTFO than BF4 pubbies
ImageImage
CrookedBarrel

Post by CrookedBarrel »

Róka wrote:it's a lot more PTFO than BF4 pubbies
Guess I'm about to find out.
Because I received an Amazon gift card from someone, and the damn thing is only redeemable in the US, and I'm morally opposed to getting violently assraped by shipping and customs charges, I had to buy digital goods; This results in me licensing(because you don't own things anymore) a copy of BF1 pleb edition(No premium, so no €100, so totally not hypocritical, really).

I already loathe myself for giving in.

EDIT: Aaaand uninstalled. I do believe that's it for me when it comes to the Battlefield franchise. Goodbye.
Last edited by CrookedBarrel on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Of course he looks like the suspect, that don't make him guilty! You look like an idiot, that doesn't mean you are one." -Ken Rosenberg
BF4 C3 TCF Sgt
BF4 C4 SAD Cpt
BF4 C5 EVIL WO
BF4 C6 TCF Col
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

yesterday I got the standard edition as well. Played a bit campaign (it's fun!) and multiplayer.
Even if we won't end up playing it with GC because of servers, it is still a good game.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Mack

Post by Mack »

game is awesome, a lot of infantry, tanks are crapi, planes are good, AA is strong, hate gas mask.
Medic have only snipers gun, dont have submachine gun, you have to be very precise or death, i like horse and sward to chop heads :thumbup:
Played ower 20 hours, no crash, lag comes a few times, but no problems.
game is worth 40 eur, EA must fix some things
Operations mode is epic mode :D
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

the newest server "information update" that I can only lightly call information because it's crap that is literally a non-factor to the questions people want answered:
Update 2:

Additional features you can enable/disable in rented servers:

• Kill Cam
• Minimap
• Friendly Fire
• 3D Spotting
• Fog

More to come!
this is getting to the point of being blatantly anti-consumer and I'm starting to lose interest in even paying attention anymore.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

matsif wrote:the newest server "information update" that I can only lightly call information because it's crap that is literally a non-factor to the questions people want answered
[...]
this is getting to the point of being blatantly anti-consumer and I'm starting to lose interest in even paying attention anymore.
Yep, it looks more like lip service till they drop the bomb on Monday.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

This isn't looking good, we'll see on Monday I guess.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

RazY70 wrote: Yep, it looks more like lip service till they drop the bomb on Monday.
Calloutman wrote:This isn't looking good, we'll see on Monday I guess.
since I'm so good at crushing hopes and dreams, they've scrubbed all mention of Nov 1 being the release date of rental servers, with everything just saying "November" at this point. and they're denying that Nov 1 was ever mentioned to begin with, despite it being very clearly stated in earlier versions of things. trying to find the forum post with it now where they directly deny it.

supposed to get another "update" no later than tuesday according to the CM, but given the past "updates" haven't actually given out any information that anyone cares about, I'm not holding my breath that this is actually going to answer questions.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

This is beyond absurd.

Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Eh, it seems pretty obvious they are still validating the service. With software that can be difficult to predict timelines. Pretty stupid that they haven't managed to do something so similar to what they already had implemented on consoles to the deadline of the main game release.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

the spotting seems broken. It does not work for me reliably. Wanna spot that tank...yeah no...
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

Jokerle wrote:the spotting seems broken. It does not work for me reliably. Wanna spot that tank...yeah no...
Spotting is connected to the range and/or magnification of you gun somehow, but this is dice so they don't say that any where.