The website front page.

Moderator: Executive

StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Re: With Sadness In My Heart

Post by StarfisherEcho »

:(

Brummie was always a voice of calm and reason, and it's sad to hear that such a nice guy has passed on. GC owes everything to him, and his spirit lives on in this place.

Wish I could put more into words, but the guys who knew him better are far more eloquent. A sad day for the community.
ImageImageImage
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

Without Brummie i'd never had made it to =GC= where i met so many great guys and had such an awesome good time

viewtopic.php?f=309&t=1972&start=195#p165083

you'll be in my thoughts forever Great Man
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

Ghoul wrote:Image
taken from his facebook page

May your cup forever be full my friend. I will miss you.
Unfortunately I never had the pleasure of interacting with Brummie. At best I knew him as the person posting the donation messages. But reading everyone's comments makes me miss him, mostly because I know most of the folks commenting and I can sense the loss.

Thanks for posting his pic Ghoul - he looks like he enjoyed life, no matter the obstacles put up in front of him.

My condolence to Brummie's family.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

When I received the info from Shrap on Sunday I was in a shopping mall waiting for a friend to have coffee with. Friend came, said in joke I should keep my glasses on so it will be easier for him to recognise me. Well I had them off because my eyes got wet...

My last interaction with Brummie:
Sent: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:40 am
To: .Sup

I'm actually doing really quite well .Sup. Still following everything that is happening, so I'm still in the loop so to speak. Lol, just realising how 'colloquially' i talk and that I perhaps should use simpler , less regionally nuanced language so you might understand what the frak it is I am saying.

i.e, I should use less slang and more standard english.

Anywho's hope u are keeping well and I will try and catch up with you this week.
Such a cool guy to converse with, his combo of Birmingham and Vancouver accent is so unique and luckily it will be stuck in my head forever. In all the years I have known him he never raised his voice in fact I cant think of anyone with calmer voice in my life. I am honoured that he decided to share some sensitive personal life stuff with me which I will forever keep for myself, it really makes me feel trustworthy. And he was the one that brought me to the inner circle of GC, there is no other person I would rather want to give me this responsibility.

At 58, only one year older than my father I can only imagine how his son feels right now, sincere condolences.

Dear BRUMMIE, you will forever be missed, thank you for your trust and sincereness and for doing your very best to keep this community running as well as it did.

I found a screenshot from the way-back days, unfortunately he wont be able to respawn on the same “server” anymore.
screen004.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

This is incredibly saddening news.

Through my time as an active member at GC, Brummie was one of those pillars in the community who could always be relied upon to bring a steady, fair and sportsmanlike attitude to everything he did. I always considered him a true role model for leadership, and his influences spanned beyond the game and into 'real life'.

Brummie, you'll be missed 'ol pal.
Hi!
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

his combo of Birmingham and Vancouver accent is so unique and luckily it will be stuck in my head forever.
As sad as I am this made me smile so big. I can hear his voice so clearly in my head even though it's been years since I talked to him (and yours too Sup!). It's a perfect legacy for Brummie that this thread brings back so many names I've missed, and also DaGrooved1 :wink:
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

Cheesy wrote:
his combo of Birmingham and Vancouver accent is so unique and luckily it will be stuck in my head forever.
It's a perfect legacy for Brummie that this thread brings back so many names I've missed, and also DaGrooved1 :wink:
This! yep I wonder also if any of you guys wish to stay a bit more to help keep this place alive or just keep in touch?
tell us how you been doing all this time away, cheesy, starfisher, Ghoul, Fanne?
Colts

Post by Colts »

One of the best memories with brummi was a battle back in the 1942 times.
I was quite new to gc and a shy young german guy who speaked a really terrible Gshinglish (german-english).
Btw: my english is still pur especial my written. anyway i hope you understant.

Not sure about but i think brummie was our squadleader. It was one of the desert maps with a lot of flags (maybe a modded one) and our squad had to defend one of them. well the battle started, we rushed to the flag, captured it and everybody taked his place ready to defend no metter what it cost! I threw my 4 mines on perfect places to blow up any tank crouched behind a little hill and my heart began to pound....

...and after 30 minutes still nothing happend!
After the first hour we saw just one enemy, it was a planed wich passed as 500meter away. That was the moment where bulldog opend the first beer becouse he was on the AAgun and missed it.
The rest of as started to get a bit frustrated too becouse of the situation. but then brummie yelled the best order i ever got from any commander:

"GUYS IF NOBADY ATTACK THIS GODFORSAKEN FLAG WE HAVE TO GET DRUNK AND THATS AN ORDER!!!! btw: bulldog, you earn a madel to be proactive!”

to cut a long story short! It was one of the bast battledays i´ve played in =GC= not bc of the battle (there was no battle at all) but bc of the people. We all started to tell jokes and talked about some important vital matter, like witch one is the saxiest spacegirl? Not one squad member left the game, not even that GODFORSAKEN FLAG! We all sat there for 4 hours and had a good time and i guess it was brummie´s positiv kind who made that happend!

.... i wish you a good time where ever you be Brummie, I salute you!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Brummie is a legend.
He brought so much reason to the table when alot of people (and myself) had blinders on.

Basher, my condolences, we loved him greatly.
He wore his heart on his sleave in one on one conversations which I hope I can too.

Two sadness shots this week. Childhood best ever friend died at 48.
And now Brummie, which I think I'm not the only one to call, the best internet friend ever.

Even my wife knows him, listening to me gaming with my imaginary internet friends over the last 10+ years.
He is a legend.
FakeHealer

Post by FakeHealer »

I came back from vacation last Sunday and today I browsed the forums and saw by accident this post.
I'm devastated.
To hear that BRUMMIE leaves GC universe forever makes me sad.

I joined GC community approximately 15 years ago and BRUMMIE was the cornerstone of us BF enthusiasts.
There were quite periods I had no time to be in for battles but at my returns always BRUMMIE was here with kind words and today everything makes sense to see his nickname always in capital letters.

Just right now I sent him a PM knowing he will never read it.
I wanted to thank him for the friendship he offered everyone out of his genuine character.

I want to suggest to dedicate today's battle day BRUMMIE.
You won't be forgotten.
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

Truly sad. Awesome guy and massive heart with a voice of calm in all times. He will be missed for sure. Many memories but he always had the community in mind at all times.
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

Brummie told me once I was doing a good job. My soul soared! My spirit was replenished and I hold in my heart his kindness to me. A great friend.

BRUMMIE!!
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

InsanityRocks wrote:
Ghoul wrote:Image
taken from his facebook page

May your cup forever be full my friend. I will miss you.
Unfortunately I never had the pleasure of interacting with Brummie. At best I knew him as the person posting the donation messages. But reading everyone's comments makes me miss him, mostly because I know most of the folks commenting and I can sense the loss.

Thanks for posting his pic Ghoul - he looks like he enjoyed life, no matter the obstacles put up in front of him.

My condolence to Brummie's family.
Yes. Well Said. Thanks for the picture Ghoul. I am literally in tears.
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
basher345

Post by basher345 »

Thank you, everyone in this community for being such a good friend to my father. It's been just over a year since his passing, and I think I owe it to everyone here, thank you, for everything you did for him, all the smiles and all the fun you had with him.

With sincerest thanks,

Cayce S. Chatwin, Basher345
Life is Pleasant. Death is Peaceful. It's the Transition that's Troublesome. ~Isaac Aasimov.

I've found we Humans Learn more in War and Death then anywhere else. ~me.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Basher, I obviously was to busy with RL to run over this thread only now. I am really sorry for your loss.

What a cool dad to have to bring you both to play BF here together with us. And what a great leader of our community he was indeed offering lots of wise advise.